We noticed that you're using an unsupported browser. The TripAdvisor website may not display properly.We support the following browsers:
Windows: Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome. Mac: Safari.

“Great place to stay.”
Review of Myrtlewood Villas

Best prices for -
Check In mm/dd/yyyy Check Out mm/dd/yyyy
Prices are for 1 room, 2 adults
Show Prices
Compare best prices from top travel sites
and 8 more sites!
Myrtlewood Villas
Reviewed January 25, 2014

Very comfortable, quiet and convient to everything. If you are planning on coming for the shows, don't come in January, all of the shows are closed in January. However, there are a lot of other things to do and see. Would definitely stay again.

  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled as a couple
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
2  Thank MilkMan928
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Write a Review
Reviews (623)
Traveler rating
Traveler type
Time of year
Language

355 - 361 of 623 reviews

Reviewed January 24, 2014

Always a great place to stay. Clean rooms quite surroundings and great pool. Every room had flat screen TVs. Plenty of restaurants and things to do in the winter time. This is my 9th time to book at this resort and I 've never been disappointed. There were some condo that look awful, but go back to front desk and they will find you their best.

  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with family
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
2  Thank Antoinette B
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed January 21, 2014

Been taking friends on MLK golfing weekend for years. Best trip ever! Great value, nice clean accommodations, convenient to restaurants and shopping and four great golf courses. Can't imagine a better time anywhere! Oh, did I mention four great days of wonderful Myrtle Beach winter time weather !!!

  • Stayed: January 2014, traveled with friends
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
1  Thank Arnold S
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Going to this place is like playing the lottery you never know what type of condo you are going to get. When you go here you have about a 10 percent chance of getting a nice condo and a 90 percent chance of getting something your dog would not sleep in. The first place they gave me looked like the owner went to the Goodwill and purchased her furniture. Mix match sheets and blankets, broke down furniture, dirty carpet made me sick looking at the unit. The second place they showed me had dead roaches and other bugs along with dirty furniture and carpet. After looking at four places we just took the last because it was clean, but very basic. The owners don't care about these places they just want money. I take my hat off to the 10 percent owners that keep there places up, but this place is not worth going to for a 10 percent chance you get a good room. Everyone that was checking in with me was complaining about their rooms after viewing them and all the complaints were the same. Dirty old furniture, dirty carpet, dust all over the place, and hard beds. The condo king size bed is nothing but two twins beds with a piece of fabric in the middle to make it look like a real bed, but trust me you back will tell you in the morning when you wake up that it is hard, cheap twin size mattress. I go to Myrtle Beach about two time a year and this trip was the worst because of my stay at Myrtlewood. This place need to get on the owners and stop renting out their units if they don't want to keep them up because this place is sinking fast. All the review on here should tell you the story, about 10 percent of them are good, but 90 percent are bad. That is because 10 percent of the room are nice, but the other 90 percent are bad. I would never return again because I spend too much money on my vacations to take a chance that I will get a nice room. Just to summarize last year I rented a room here when it was just me and my wife and I had a nice room. So this year I came back with 22 family members and rented 4 condos. We all had dirty broke down condos and everyone on the trip was mad at me because I picked this place so I just want to say that if any family members read this I am sorry.

Room Tip: Don't stay at this place, check out Market Commons
See more room tips
  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled with family
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
4  Thank Strowman
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed January 1, 2014

We stayed here over the holidays. Wish I had read the reviews. Let's start with the positive. Location is convenient. Outside facilities are attractive. Front desk staff was pleasant when we dealt with them. Problem is you have to go inside the rooms. First room we went to was dirty - carpet, furniture, etc. Blinds were all messed up - looked like an animal had bent them up badly. Went to front desk. Very friendly staff. Said they were upgrading us to 2 bedroom vip. It was late and we were tired at this point. Went to the room. It initially looked better than the previous room. However, we discovered that the "king bed" was 2 beds pushed together. Pillows were flat and dirty. Went out and got pillows and sheets. Sheets and spread were old and thin. Found out the toilet in the master bedroom would not flush. If they had cleaned the toilets prior to us coming in, they would have realized this. I called that am and told them they need to replace the flapper. They were quick about replacing it. However, it was not adjusted and it ran the entire time of our stay. One of the chairs had a huge grease stain on it from where people had put their heads. The couch sunk to the floor. The chairs at the dining room table and bar stools were covered in what was once green velvet (not a good option for a rental). It was now covered with dark stains and food. The carpet had stains all over it. When I took a shower the first morning, the mold from the shower door (outdated) came pouring out. Again, if they had cleaned properly, mildew would have not accumulated to large extent that it did. I immediately jumped out and ran to get cleaning supplies. Because we were moved in, I just chose to spray everything and survive as best we could. The towel rack in the other bathroom was coming out of the wall. There was dust on the walls and some sort of green/yellow stuff growing on the windows. Walls were marked up terribly everywhere. Called before we checked out and told them this, all they said was sorry we had so many problems. I am too. Although, I'm not the one with the problems. It's unfortunate that they don't update and keep their units clean. It is a great location and the outside is maintained very well. Also, they had no discount coupons at all to offer, even though they say they do on the website. Once the young lady found out we weren't interested in doing a time share tour, she didn't fool with us (not the same as the front desk people). Will not stay again. YUCK!

Room Tip: Look at reviews on internet prior to booking.
See more room tips
  • Stayed: November 2013, traveled with family
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
3  Thank SuzanB2014
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed December 27, 2013

This is my second trip to Myrtlewood villas and I have enjoyed each visit. As always the view of the property is pretty awesome...even in Dec. We have everything we need to. We stayed in unit 4643-102 and our unit was clean and very welcoming. The only thing we noticed was that the bed covers look like they are from the 70s and yes the king bed is two twin beds pushed together. Other than that everything is great. We have a one bedroom 1 1/2 bath, dining area, living room, and fully equipment kitchen (which had everything we needed).

We will definitely come back in the future. Sadly there is a $100 deposit and $11 a night resort fee. But for the price we paid for 4 days.... I won't complain. :)

  • Stayed: December 2013, traveled as a couple
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
Thank Candace F
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Reviewed November 12, 2013

Sorry but not a lot to say about this place. The first condo we stayed in was dirty. Sheets had not been changed... Second condo smelly ,finally put us in another condo newer but mattress was terrible it was,Sinking terrible nights rest... Front desk did not inform us of any available pools ,we could use . Close to attractions, but not worth it. Golf course looked inviting , beautiful on the outside needs much improvement on the inside....

Room Tip: Read reviews very helpful...
See more room tips
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with family
    • Value
    • Location
    • Sleep Quality
    • Rooms
    • Cleanliness
    • Service
4  Thank teresa s
This review is the subjective opinion of a TripAdvisor member and not of TripAdvisor LLC.
Hotels you might also like...
Travelers also viewed these Myrtle Beach hotels
2.0 mi away
Caribbean Resort And Villas
Caribbean Resort And Villas
#25 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
3,209 reviews
5.2 mi away
Kingston Plantation Condos by Hilton
1.5 mi away
Ocean Forest Villa Resort
Ocean Forest Villa Resort
#119 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
109 reviews
Show Prices
Show Prices
Show Prices
2.2 mi away
Dayton House Resort
Dayton House Resort
#27 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
1,941 reviews
2.5 mi away
Long Bay Resort
Long Bay Resort
#33 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
2,650 reviews
2.1 mi away
The Strand a Boutique Resort
The Strand a Boutique Resort
#13 of 209 in Myrtle Beach
1,064 reviews
Show Prices
Show Prices
Show Prices

Been to Myrtlewood Villas? Share your experiences!

Write a Review Add Photos & Videos

Additional Information about Myrtlewood Villas

Address: 1410 48th Avenue Ext N, Myrtle Beach, SC 29577-8700
Phone Number:
Location: United States > South Carolina > Coastal South Carolina > Myrtle Beach
Amenities:
Fitness Center with Gym / Workout Room Free High Speed Internet ( WiFi ) Free Parking Kitchenette Swimming Pool Wheelchair access
Hotel Style:
Ranked #21 of 33 Specialty Lodging in Myrtle Beach
Price Range: $71 - $315 (Based on Average Rates for a Standard Room)
Hotel Class:2.5 star — Myrtlewood Villas 2.5*
Number of rooms: 300
Official Description (provided by the hotel):
For the best in a Myrtle Beach vacation, book with Myrtlewood Villas! - Over 250 one, two and three bedroom condos available, all standard with conveniences like full kitchens, washer/dryers and TVs with cable - Diverse bedding perfect for any size group - Specializing in group reservations - Only a short drive from the most popular Myrtle Beach attractions, including Broadway at the Beach, Myrtle Waves Water Park and the Myrtle Beach Boardwalk - Multiple outdoor pools available, as well as an indoor pool and lazy river - Fitness center available to all guests - Multiple picnic shelters and BBQ grilling facilities - Sand volleyball courts and shuffleboard courts - Two on-site golf courses With great location only a mile inland from the Myrtle Beach coast and tasteful, modern accommodations sure to satisfy, Myrtlewood Villas is sure to be perfect for your beach vacation! Offering guests one, two or three bedroom condos with modern conveniences like fully-equipped kitchens, washer/dryers and multiple TVs with cable, these sterling properties are a perennial favorite for Myrtle Beach visitors. The surrounding property of Myrtlewood presents its guests with great amenities like multiple outdoor pools, an indoor heated pool and lazy river, hot tubs, sand volleyball courts, exercise facility, picnic areas and two championship-quality golf courses. Myrtlewood Villas is located mere minutes from the most popular attractions available along the Grand Strand. From shopping and nightlife at Broadway at the Beach to taking a stroll along the recently renovated Myrtle Beach Boardwalk, a short drive is all it takes to connect you and your guests to non-stop fun! Make sure your next Myrtle Beach vacation is your best one yet and book a fantastic condo with Myrtlewood Villas! ... more   less 
Reservation Options:
TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotels.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, Cancelon, Travelocity, Evoline ltd, getaroom.com and Cheap Tickets so you can book your Myrtlewood Villas reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
Also Known As:
Myrtlewood Villas Hotel Myrtle Beach
Myrtlewood Myrtle Beach

Is This Your TripAdvisor Listing?

Own or manage this property? Claim your listing for free to respond to reviews, update your profile and much more.

Claim Your Listing