“Worst Villa Ever !!!!!!!”
Review of Myrtlewood Villas

Myrtlewood Villas
Reviewed September 2, 2013

This was the worst place I have ever stayed !!! I was in BLDG 4749, UNIT 302. First, the place was outdated, the coffee table leg in the living room was broken and when I moved the table the entire table fell over. The so called KING SIZE bed was two twin mattresses pushed together with egg crate foam in between them, and the mattresses was worn with dips in them. The living room sofa and chair must have come from GOODWILL because they was so old and dirty when I sat down on the sofa I sank to the floor as if was no bottom to the sofa. The upholstery had food and liquid stains on them as if someone had had a food fight. The carpet was dirty and there was dead bugs laying around and a big dead bug hanging from the ceiling. And this was'nt the worst part, Checked in at 4PM and checked out at 7:30 PM because the so called maintanence crew had come into the room twice. The first guy came in saying that he had a request that three glasses from the kitchen was missing so he bought three glasses there with his dirty hands inside the the glasses. About an hour later, another guy come to the room and before I could get to the door he was inside the condo, saying that he needed to replace a freaking light bulb. I made him leave and called the front office. After checking in, my wife and I went to Food Lion, and when we come back my wife felt as if someone had been inside the place because our bags had been moved from where we placed them. At this point we felt VERY UNCOMFORTABLE for our SAFETY. There was no security locks on the door. So they came come inside when ever they feel. Anyway, after calling the front office and reporting these incidences they acted as if it was normal for maintanence to come inside your unit anytime they wanted. So I checked out 3 hrs. after checking in. Luckily, I had booked the room with EXPEDIA and they had collected the money for the property and after explaining what had happened they gave us a FULL REFUND and we went to stay at the SHERATON. Thanks EXPEDIA !!!!!!

Room Tip: Go stay at the SHERATON, A little more money but well worth it !!!!!!!!!!
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank mykel12264
There are newer reviews for Myrtlewood Villas

Reviewed August 28, 2013

My family of 9 stayed here for a week and had a wonderful time. Our first room wasn't so good so we went to the front office where the staff (especially Mr. Josh) went out of their way to honor my requests. The rest of my stay was absolutely fantastic. Our 3 bedroom villa was spacious and very well appointed. Although nit on the beach, we were only minutes away from all of our activities and outings! We could not have asked for more.

• Stayed: August 2013
1  Thank Nemitche
Reviewed August 25, 2013

Let me start by saying this is not a hotel or nothing close to it (in a good way)! These are private owned condo's! Can't speak for anyone else, but our stay Aug 21-25 at Myrtlewood was outstanding! I originally tried to book through a private owner, but our dates were booked, so I took a chance on bookit.com, and boy I'm glad I did! I must admit, I was nervous from some of the reviews here, especially traveling with 1 and 3 yr olds!

Location: the location is excellent! It is only about a mile from the beach where its less crowded and free parking! The boardwalk is about 1.5 mile drive. This resort is close to everything from restaurants, grocery store, shopping, and many other family adventures! Everything you need is within 15min drive!

Check in/out: was a breez! We arrived about 15 min early and room was ready. Front desk staff was always friendly and answered all our questions, since this was our first time in Myrtle Beach!

Condo: we stayed in Bldg 4749 rm 303 2 br 2 bth. The condo itself was clean! It had a feel like ssomeone actually lived there which we loved! We felt good letting our 1yr old crawl around the floor! The furniture was comfortable 2 lazyboy recliners and a pullout couch. The beds (2twins pushed together) were also comfortable enough where we all were able to get good night rest! Flat screen tvs and dvd player in every room! Loved the one in living room! There was washer and dryer in the unit, which was great when having small children and going to the beach daily! We were able to do laundry before checking out which also was a plus!

The balcony was very spacious and provided a great view of the pool which my 3 yr old daughter loved!

House keeping: we loved the fact that our vacation wasn't ruined by someone knocking on the door to clean, or asking us to come bk because they were cleaning! We were always able to be in room/lv whenever we felt like it! We had no problems with washing our own linen and towels! Myrtlewood really do give you that "at home" feel while on vacation!

We loved our vacation and Myrtlewoods so much, that we are considering buying (not timeshare) here!

Thanks management and the owner of this wonderful condo

• Stayed: August 2013
Reviewed August 22, 2013

When we first arrived everything looked great. However, as the next few days progressed, it went down hill quick. The dishes were dirty so we had to rewash everything before we could use anything. The bathroom was dirty (toothpaste on mirror, toilet not clean, shower head leaked onto floor, dirt in corners, hair in shower-etc.) One of the bedrooms had a pillow and bed stained with dried blood! We had a cockroach visit us which I killed and took to the front desk. The staff did not act like it was a big deal, or that they even cared. They offered to compensate us with two free meals at a local buffet, but there were 6 of us in our party. When I asked about complaining to management, I was told I had to complain to the owner. I was ignored after numerous attempts and phone calls to get a name or information so I could complain. I will never stay there again!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank LACK731
Reviewed August 15, 2013

Split our time between 3bdrm & 2bdrm units due to availability March 2013. 3bdrm was new, nice layout. Dirty dishes in cabinet, not vacuumed, toothpaste on bathroom mirror, worst of all was blood on twin bed & pillows. Mgt offered dinner for two after our strong complaints. Declined as there were 6 of us. Moved to 2 bdrm for last 2 days. Very dated unit. Worn furniture, bug in kitchen. Both units had cigarette smoke and/or pets in past as I had a severe asthma reaction. We even saw a cat in the window of the unit next door & numerous smokers on balconies despite assurances from mgt. that it is a non smoking, no pets property.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank D M
Reviewed August 14, 2013

The resort looked good in the photos but the unit my husband and I stayed in was quite dated and not clean. The king size bed was two twin beds push together ( one of the twin bed mattress was not the same height as the other). We slept uncomfortable and woke up sore. The room had wireless internet for only one day of the visit. The other days there was no connection. We were told by the front desk that NOT all units have internet. The DVD player was broken. The entire unit was very dated (bedding, furniture, fixtures, broken vertical blinds) and a few bugs crawling around. We left the resort 2 days early because we just could not stand it any longer. We were told at check out that our concerns could only be addressed by the owner of that particular unit. So I guess the owner did a one time investment and never looked back to occasionally update or fix broken items. NEVER again!

Room Tip: watch out for these condo type villas in which the units have private owners. These rooms may or ma...
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
3  Thank michele m
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for a Girls Getaway this past July and Myrtlewood Condos are so nice!!! We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath with a huge kitchen, patio with a ceiling fan, the living room had comfortable recliners and a sleeper sofa. The master bath had a huge walk in closet, another comfy recliner with two twin beds in it. We were all pleased with our stay and had a great view of our pool and the beautiful golf course!! I can't wait to go back during the fall. It's close to a lot of the fun attractions like, Broadway at the Beach, NASCAR park, and the beach is only 1.5 mile away. The grounds were kept up very nicely, there were several pool throughout the complex and signs that say, no pets allowed in the pool. I feel this rule should be enforced more bc during our stay there was a guest allowing his dog to be in the pool. It was so gross to us that we went to the other pool that was nearby. The indoor lazy river was very fun and relaxing. There is always something to do even if you don't go to the beach each day to hang out. I highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Room 204 was well decorated. Great view of the golf course
  • Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends