“Beautiful Condo”

Myrtlewood Villas
Raleigh, North Carolina
“Beautiful Condo”
Reviewed August 14, 2013

I stayed here for a Girls Getaway this past July and Myrtlewood Condos are so nice!!! We stayed in a two bedroom, two bath with a huge kitchen, patio with a ceiling fan, the living room had comfortable recliners and a sleeper sofa. The master bath had a huge walk in closet, another comfy recliner with two twin beds in it. We were all pleased with our stay and had a great view of our pool and the beautiful golf course!! I can't wait to go back during the fall. It's close to a lot of the fun attractions like, Broadway at the Beach, NASCAR park, and the beach is only 1.5 mile away. The grounds were kept up very nicely, there were several pool throughout the complex and signs that say, no pets allowed in the pool. I feel this rule should be enforced more bc during our stay there was a guest allowing his dog to be in the pool. It was so gross to us that we went to the other pool that was nearby. The indoor lazy river was very fun and relaxing. There is always something to do even if you don't go to the beach each day to hang out. I highly recommend this resort!

Room Tip: Room 204 was well decorated. Great view of the golf course
  • Stayed July 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Baby801

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (162)
Reviewed August 13, 2013

We stayed there for 5 days. The condo was nice and spacious. The kitchen had the essential. Had a nice view on the golf course and beautiful sunsets. The pools were clean and well maintained.

We were 2.5km from the beach so we drove but there is public free parking. It is close to broadway at the beach, grocery store and everything needed.

We had two issues, when we got in the bathroom floors had hair all over. I cleaned and disinfected the bathrooms and kitchen. The next day part of our food got ruined in the fridge because it was leaking. We told customer service who sent a handyman. There was nothing he could do about it and we had to live with a fridge full of water the whole stay.

Overall, it was a nice stay but don't expect luxury or hotel style service.

• Stayed August 2013
Gastonia, North Carolina, United States
Reviewed August 12, 2013

My husband and I along with another couple stayed here in a one br condo! It was nice clean and we enjoyed our stay the only thing about it i didnt like was it was on the 3rd floor and we had to carry heavy suitcases up the stairs. The people at check in was nice. for all of us to be in a 20's and on the golf course it was wonderful!

Room Tip: We booked our trip through basspro it was nice try to get a lower floor if possible.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with friends
Laurinburg, North Carolina
Reviewed August 7, 2013

Beautiful view of the pool, the waterway and the gold course. Always have a kitchen fully stock with whatever we need for the full weekend. There are enough pools so that they are never crowded. It is never a disappointment when we stay here. Our unit was wonderfully decorated with contemporary artwork and hard wood floors. Convenient washer and dryer in each individual unit.

• Stayed June 2013
Mitchellville, Maryland, United States
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked a 2 br condo at this property based on recommendations of family members who stayed there years ago. The website looked great and I thought it would work for this family trip. I traveled with my husband and my mom to visit other family staying nearby. We wanted 2 bedrooms with 2 queen or king sized beds, as shown on the website. No where on their website that all of their beds are twin size and that they push them together to make the "king" beds. Anyway, the first condo they assigned us to had the twin beds separate and could not be pushed together because of the headboard furniture. The bedding looked old and dirty as did the entire condo. The kitchen and furniture looked awful.

We went back to the registration office to switch rooms. The front desk staff tried to tell us there was nothing else available. Upon asking to speak to a manager, another condo miraculously appeared and they switched us. They did send the housekeeper out to put the twin beds together in this condo, so we settled in for the remainder of our trip even though this condo was in just as bad condition as the first condo.

The furnishings were horrible, looked dirty and extremely worn. The carpet looked dirty as did the kitchen and bathrooms. We could not even open the vertical blinds because they were broken. We spent as much time away from this place as we could because it was just so depressing to be there and realize the amount of money we were paying for these horrible accommodations. The beds felt horrible and the pillows were very thin. We woke up sore every morning.

I would NEVER stay here again and I would suggest people find other places to visit. Myrtlewood has obviously gone way downhill over the years.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
7 Thank Donna K

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Bowie, Maryland
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Myrtlewood villas for a long weekend while meeting with family who had a timeshare at the nearby Sheraton. We were sorely disappointed when we got there and realized that the first bedroom had two twin beds that could not be pushed together and the second bedroom did not have a true king bed. Instead it was two twins pushed together. Given the pictures reflected two king rooms we could live with the twins pushed together (although not happy about it) but could not live with the twin beds in the second room where my mom would be sleeping. We went to the office to resolve the issue and were initially told there was nothing available and there is nothing they can do as "all owners choose their decorations and furniture." I asked to speak with a manager and they magically found another room which had a twin bed configuration that could be pushed together to make a king. They werent even sure if the beds were even set up as a king and we discovered they werent. We called again which was a hassle since the phones barely worked and kept dropping the calls and they sent over housekeeping. After getting the bed situation resolved we explored the rooms to find mismatched furniture, very uncomfortable beds, poorly cleaned/maintained rooms, showerheads so low that you have to duck to wash your face, cheap everything from dishes to silverware. I have stayed at other properties like this but this was by far the worst. The owners of the properties were clearly focused on the bottom line and not making a pleasant place for guests to stay. The service at the front desk was poor and the amenities were also poor. I would expect that for a family looking to stretch a buck they may not hate this place but will still likely be disappointed. My cousin stayed in one of the renovated properties but I would have to say that even if offered a new unit, I would decline to return. The service here was disappointing and even moreso when comparing to my families timeshare around the corner. Avoid this place at all cost unless you care nothing about service, cleanliness, sleep quality, and comfort.

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Russ K
Edenton, North Carolina
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am by no means a super picky traveller, and I rarely complain about anything, but I was pretty unhappy with my stay at myrtlewood villas. I drove over 5 hours from north Carolina for a concert and this place popped up on hotwire and seemed to be a decent place to stay for the money. I understood that it was not technically a hotel and that was ok with me, as I said I didn't need any particular amenities, just a nice place to sleep more or less. Check in left a lot to be desired. The front desk staff were rather abrupt and seemed irritated by having to deal with vacationers. Having paid for my stay in advance I wasn't expecting to incur any other "hotel" related expenses but they demanded a $100 security deposit when I checked in that I knew nothing about. I tried to pay it in cash and they told me they aren't equipped for cash handling and if they took it they'd only be able to return it by check. Which would be mailed. And could take a few weeks. I had to use a credit card instead, which I was trying to avoid, and they still told me it might be several weeks before they'd return it. I was pretty unhappy since this was not an expense that was mentioned in any of the confirmations I received. I proceeded to my condo after being more or less threatened that if housekeeping found any signs of pets or smoking while I was there that I'd be fined $250 (I neither smoke nor travel with my pet, but I oh so appreciated the deliberate crappy attitude from the front desk) and found maintenance inside when I arrived. Some lights weren't operating properly and after a few minutes he told me he'd be leaving and couldn't fix the lights...so half the condo remained dark throughout my stay. Several outlets were also malfunctioning so there was not only a lack of light, but also a lack of tv and basically anything that had to be plugged in to work.Given my love for my hair straightener, this sucked. Good thing I hadn't planned on spending a lot of time inside! Check out was VERY early. I had to be checked out by 10 am, but it was ok because I was totally ready to get out of there. I did find it funny that when I checked out there was a family at the counter flipping out about the unmentioned security deposit...at least I wasn't the only one caught by surprise. I did mention to the staff at check out about the condo's defects, because heaven forbid the housekeeping staff blame them on me and charge me some zillion dollar fee. I was extremely unhappy with my stay and I would not recommend staying here if at all possible...I am pretty easy going by nature, but everything about this place rubbed me wrong. This is one mistake I will not make again.

• Stayed July 2013, traveled solo