Myrtlewood Villas
$189
Best Western Plus Grand Strand Inn & Suites(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$144
BestWestern.com
Coral Beach Resort & Suites(Myrtle Beach)
$182
$166
Hotels.com
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$175
$147
$288
$251
Long Bay Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$199
$119
Official Site
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$231
$204
Official Site
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$259
Official Site
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$155
  • Pool
$249
$232
HotelQuickly
All reviewsgolf weekendindoor poolwasher and dryerthird floorthree bedroomfull kitchenflat screenup to datelazy riverbroadwaygolfingmyrtlembboardwalk
Reviewed August 5, 2013

I booked a 2 br condo at this property based on recommendations of family members who stayed there years ago. The website looked great and I thought it would work for this family trip. I traveled with my husband and my mom to visit other family staying nearby. We wanted 2 bedrooms with 2 queen or king sized beds, as shown on the website. No where on their website that all of their beds are twin size and that they push them together to make the "king" beds. Anyway, the first condo they assigned us to had the twin beds separate and could not be pushed together because of the headboard furniture. The bedding looked old and dirty as did the entire condo. The kitchen and furniture looked awful.

We went back to the registration office to switch rooms. The front desk staff tried to tell us there was nothing else available. Upon asking to speak to a manager, another condo miraculously appeared and they switched us. They did send the housekeeper out to put the twin beds together in this condo, so we settled in for the remainder of our trip even though this condo was in just as bad condition as the first condo.

The furnishings were horrible, looked dirty and extremely worn. The carpet looked dirty as did the kitchen and bathrooms. We could not even open the vertical blinds because they were broken. We spent as much time away from this place as we could because it was just so depressing to be there and realize the amount of money we were paying for these horrible accommodations. The beds felt horrible and the pillows were very thin. We woke up sore every morning.

I would NEVER stay here again and I would suggest people find other places to visit. Myrtlewood has obviously gone way downhill over the years.

Room Tip: Stay somewhere else
  • Stayed: August 2013, traveled with family
7  Thank Donna K
Reviewed August 5, 2013

My wife and I recently stayed at Myrtlewood villas for a long weekend while meeting with family who had a timeshare at the nearby Sheraton. We were sorely disappointed when we got there and realized that the first bedroom had two twin beds that could not be pushed together and the second bedroom did not have a true king bed. Instead it was two twins pushed together. Given the pictures reflected two king rooms we could live with the twins pushed together (although not happy about it) but could not live with the twin beds in the second room where my mom would be sleeping. We went to the office to resolve the issue and were initially told there was nothing available and there is nothing they can do as "all owners choose their decorations and furniture." I asked to speak with a manager and they magically found another room which had a twin bed configuration that could be pushed together to make a king. They werent even sure if the beds were even set up as a king and we discovered they werent. We called again which was a hassle since the phones barely worked and kept dropping the calls and they sent over housekeeping. After getting the bed situation resolved we explored the rooms to find mismatched furniture, very uncomfortable beds, poorly cleaned/maintained rooms, showerheads so low that you have to duck to wash your face, cheap everything from dishes to silverware. I have stayed at other properties like this but this was by far the worst. The owners of the properties were clearly focused on the bottom line and not making a pleasant place for guests to stay. The service at the front desk was poor and the amenities were also poor. I would expect that for a family looking to stretch a buck they may not hate this place but will still likely be disappointed. My cousin stayed in one of the renovated properties but I would have to say that even if offered a new unit, I would decline to return. The service here was disappointing and even moreso when comparing to my families timeshare around the corner. Avoid this place at all cost unless you care nothing about service, cleanliness, sleep quality, and comfort.

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank RussK841
Reviewed August 2, 2013

I am by no means a super picky traveller, and I rarely complain about anything, but I was pretty unhappy with my stay at myrtlewood villas. I drove over 5 hours from north Carolina for a concert and this place popped up on hotwire and seemed to be a decent place to stay for the money. I understood that it was not technically a hotel and that was ok with me, as I said I didn't need any particular amenities, just a nice place to sleep more or less. Check in left a lot to be desired. The front desk staff were rather abrupt and seemed irritated by having to deal with vacationers. Having paid for my stay in advance I wasn't expecting to incur any other "hotel" related expenses but they demanded a $100 security deposit when I checked in that I knew nothing about. I tried to pay it in cash and they told me they aren't equipped for cash handling and if they took it they'd only be able to return it by check. Which would be mailed. And could take a few weeks. I had to use a credit card instead, which I was trying to avoid, and they still told me it might be several weeks before they'd return it. I was pretty unhappy since this was not an expense that was mentioned in any of the confirmations I received. I proceeded to my condo after being more or less threatened that if housekeeping found any signs of pets or smoking while I was there that I'd be fined $250 (I neither smoke nor travel with my pet, but I oh so appreciated the deliberate crappy attitude from the front desk) and found maintenance inside when I arrived. Some lights weren't operating properly and after a few minutes he told me he'd be leaving and couldn't fix the lights...so half the condo remained dark throughout my stay. Several outlets were also malfunctioning so there was not only a lack of light, but also a lack of tv and basically anything that had to be plugged in to work.Given my love for my hair straightener, this sucked. Good thing I hadn't planned on spending a lot of time inside! Check out was VERY early. I had to be checked out by 10 am, but it was ok because I was totally ready to get out of there. I did find it funny that when I checked out there was a family at the counter flipping out about the unmentioned security deposit...at least I wasn't the only one caught by surprise. I did mention to the staff at check out about the condo's defects, because heaven forbid the housekeeping staff blame them on me and charge me some zillion dollar fee. I was extremely unhappy with my stay and I would not recommend staying here if at all possible...I am pretty easy going by nature, but everything about this place rubbed me wrong. This is one mistake I will not make again.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled solo
3  Thank April423
Reviewed August 2, 2013

The location was excellent and the ameneties were ok. Dont let the picture of the outdoor pool fool you. All the pools are the same size and pretty small. The villa we stayed in had stained carpet in several areas and we did find a couple cockroaches in the kitchen. Free public parking at the beach about a mile away was a defininte plus and parking at the villa was never a problem. I would say overall it was fair at best.

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We travelled here for a Dance Convention with 25+ other families, all that had booked their units at least 9months in advance. The only major request was that they book us all within the same area/buildings to allow for children to be close to each other. Most families couldn't be further apart.

As many stated, you are requested to check-in at 4pm, but few if any of the 25+ families that checked in had their units ready at this time. For us and several other families, we were told that they had to re-locate us to another building due to a water heater tank leaking and soaking 3 floors of units. This would have been OK, provided they didn't send us to a 1980's vintage 3BR condo in one of the older units. We persisted in getting moved and they found a new unit for us in the newer sections of building's the next day. Unfortunately this one was dirtier and less equipped than the first place they put us. We decided to just suck it up and stay there however.

It appears that the place is fully booked most of the time, and that the Main reservation desk has no "real" control over the units, as they are just a middle-man in the rental process. Each unit is furnished at the owner's discretion. This can be good or bas as we found out, by being able to visit other families units that they had rented. One 3BR unit we visited had broken/torn living room furniture, and a 27" TUBE TV in the entertainment cabinet for their viewing pleasure...Other unit's had 55" flat screens, some had 42" etc...each place was furnished with no standards in mind. Our place had two completely empty lazy-susans..not a single pot or pan inside. We had to borrow forks from a friends unit as well. Some units had hardwood throughout, others were tiled etc. You really do get luck of the draw here.....

-The carpets in the 3BR unit we had were filthy and stained, furniture beaten up and sparse.
-Kitchen utensils/pans sparse or non-existent.
-Twice there were local Sheriff's in our complex dealing with local residents issues.
-The unit below us had a Sheriff's deputy show up with a eviction notice, and then the next day someone changed the locks.
-Walls dented and scraped and stained
-Carpets stained as if they haven't been cleaned in months or more
-TV's and other electronics that may/may not work.
-Wi-fi in some units, not in others, usually didn't work with the username/pass given. I went to Best Buy, bought my own wifi router for $29.99 and made my own wifi network plugging it into the unit's router.

There were "some" ok things here:
-The pools seemed to be clean and pleasant.
-The property grounds were well taken care of.
-The exterior of the buildings seemed to be in good repair.
-The location seemed to work for us, in accessing the beach and other area attractions.

Again, the main problem here is that there is no accountability form the rental desk as to the condition or setup of the units. If your is not to your liking or is downright filthy, all they can do is try to find another unit that is available, cross their fingers, and hope you like it. We had originally planned to rent a house for the week we were there, and in hindsight really should have. It would have made the stay that much better, regardless if it cost a bit more.

Sometimes, you really do get what you paid for...

• Stayed: July 2013, traveled with friends