Message from TripAdvisor:

and 1 more site!
Boardwalk Beach Resort
Ranked #159 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Warren Ohio
“Come on it was not that bad!!!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 11, 2005

Stayed at the Boadwalk Beach Resort July 1-10. We actually were in the South Tower I. It really was not that bad. Our room was clean. I had taken clorax wipes and air freshener, but never used them. Yes the elevators do stiink like yuck, but hey everybody comes in off the beach and drips ocean water and sand all over how can they leep them clean and odor free. Some people just want cheap rates and a 4-star hotel. Not going to happen in Mrytle Beach. We were there for a Dance competition,s so we did not spend a lot of time in the room, but it met our needs just fine. Full frig, microwave, coffee pot. If you are looking for a big kitchen, stay somewhere else. It was all in one room, but it worked fine for us. Some families stayed at the Breakers Paradise, they just said it was okay, but not great for the money. also some stayed at the Camelot, some were complaining that is was disgusting and dirty, and alot more money. Only other place our dance family stayed, was Best Wester Carolina, no complains from them. So, I guess if you want upscale lodging go to a condo or house but if just looking for just basics, with a great view, and don't mind a little need of updating, The boardwalk will be just fine.

• 4 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank Katama

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 5, 2005

This was absoulutely the worst motel (not resort) that I've ever visited. We were told in advance that a microwave would be in the room. After purchasing a microwavable food, we arrived to find that no microwave was in the room. The front desk attendant told us that they did not have any extra microwaves and made no effort to find one for us. In fact, they stated that we could leave the hotel, but they doubted we would find a replacement hotel on the 4th of July weekend. We had to actually go to the local Kmart to purchase a microwave.

At any rate, when we took a shower, we noticed that two bars of soap remained in the shower from the previous guests. Yes, two hair wrapped bars of soap.

Still not convinced that this place is not worth it. The front desk is located across the street from the motel. The rooms do not come with a iron and ironing board. You actually have to walk across the street to check an iron and ironing board out and carry it back to your room.

The rooms actually have the old-fashioned metal keys and a $5 deposit is required for extra keys. You have to walk across the street to check out the key to the fitness center.

The only thing that this motel had going for it was its location.

I recommend that you spend a little extra money and go to one of the nicer hotels in the area. Otherwise, you will disappointed and your vacation will suffer.

Any reviews to the contrary are probably written by the motel itself. I have never done these types of reviews, but I felt compelled to share my experience with future victims of the motel.

3 Thank A TripAdvisor Member

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Georgia
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 4, 2005

I am a single mom wanting to take my 2 children to the beach for the 4th of July weekend. Upon Arriving at the hotel, after a 6 hour drive. I pulled back the blankets of the bed to find HAIR on the sheets. My call to the office found a rude man saying “What do you want me to do about it?” I said at the very least I need clean sheets, about 30 minutes later I answered the door to a man handing me the sheets & quickly leaving. So I had to remake my own bed, at 2 am. The room went downhill form there. I was promised a room with an efficiency kitchen; reality actually consisted of a small, college dorm type, refrigerator & a microwave. The sleeper sofa that my son was to sleep on would not open. The parking was HORRINDIOUS!!! They offer a parking deck across the street but a couple times that was too full to park in. I am trying not to be “nit-picky” here but is was a horrible room, & I will NEVER stay at this hotel again & I just want others to be aware of it, so they will not waist their money here!!!

4 Thank TonkaMom41
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 29, 2005

Never stay at the Boardwalk Resort. I just returned from vacation there and the place was fithy. We attempted to get our money back and go somewhere else but they said they did not do refunds so we were forced to stay. Within 30 minutes of arriving at the hotel we were met by rude staff members who make racist comments about white people. Everytime we attempted to enjoy the pool we were force to leave by people who were doing things that can't be mentioned in this review. All I can say about that is I hope there was enough colorine in the pool to kill anything and hope we didn't can't anything. I also hope we didn't catch anything in the nasty rooms. The carpets were riped and had exposed nails in the area heading to the bathroom. I scraped my foot several times. I just worn everyone do not stay at this hotel.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2005

On a recent visit to Myrtle Beach I was forced to stay in this flea bag due to being displaced by a fire in the hotel I booked for our vacation. I was told by the management of both that it was a sister hotel and the quality and age were about the same. Yeah, whatever! If we had been able to sleep, it would have been with one eye open and fully clothed in case there were shots fired or a raid. The carpet was ripped and nasty, the tub had ground in stains of an unknown nature and the beds squeaked so loud we couldn't have slept anyway. I would not have been the least bit surprised if I had woken up with bed bug bites! The lobby was the nicest part of the hotel and we considered going there to sleep on the couches! My advise would be to stay away and let the spring breakers have it!

2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 22, 2005

The people at the front desk were rude and disrespectful and it filtered down to the housekeeping who treated us awful waking us up every morning and treating us very badly. The room was expensive and had holes in the wall and the beds were old and broken down. I would not recommend this place to anyone wanting to enjoy themselves on vacation.

• Stayed June 2005
2 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 16, 2005

In all the years of staying in hotels all over the country, this I must say was the nastiest place I have ever checked into. We checked in at the lobby and were given our keys to the room. The lobby seemed nice and the staff were ok. Looking back we should have asked to sleep in the lobby! We should have asked to see our room! We must have been in the older part of the hotel. The halls of the hotel were dark and dirty, with stains on the worn out carpets. The elevators were disgusting. and slightly smelled. I was afraid to breath it was so nasty. Our room was a real shocker!! The room was small and nasty. The carpet in the room was also stained and was very worn out. The room in general was very old and in major need of repairs. The bathtub was unsightly. We slept in our clothes and with one eye open. Thankgoodness we checked out the next moring!!! If you must stay in the Boardwalk, check your room first!!

5 Thank A TripAdvisor Member