WINNER WONDERLAND

Boardwalk Beach Resort
Ranked #155 of 216 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Older rooms”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2013

Stayed in the North Tower. Older rooms (need work)
My first room the air conditioner didn't work properly.
They moved me to a second room and the balcony door didn't work, but the new room has a flat screen TV (plus).
It was a place to sleep. Wouldn't recommend the special deal from AARP/Expedia.
Cheaper room with only a slight view of the ocean from my room.
Asked if I could upgrade, the hotel clerk said he couldn't, I would have to go back to the 3rd party (AARP/Expedia). Close to boardwalk and restaurants which is convenient.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled solo
2 Thank Cynthia L

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (111)
Columbia, South Carolina, United States
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in an old room and no one warned me till I got there. I talk with these people several times and no one told that not all the rooms weren't updated. The hot water was too hot and I burnt my hand. Housekeeping didn't clean our room everyday. There was blood on one of our comforters. We were questioned as to why we needed towels....uuuummm duh we're at the beach and we need to wash after leaving the ocean and dirty pool. Great location tho...

• Stayed August 2013, traveled with family

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Flatwoods, Kentucky
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is your place to stay for a reasonable priced vacation. The outside is much better than the inside. The lawn with tables and recliners was our favorite. The pools were nice and clean. We stayed in the south tower. This is an older resort so don't expect lavished rooms. Our room was nicely cleaned. Everyone we had contact with was extremely pleasant from checking in and out to the cleaning and lawn workers. For a lower cost vacation we would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: ask for room in newer main tower
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Debra S
Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 9, 2013

very dissatisfied with labor day weekend at boardwalk resort pools crowded ,no ice in ice machine
loud music was playing ouside from 11:00 pm until 5:00 am called front desk at 3:00 am to ask if they could do anything about the loud music, they didnt stop it.worst trip we ever took to the beach,decided to cut it short and go home a day early,asked for my money back for the night we could not sleep,management said was nothing they could do would not stay there again if they let me stay for free would not reccomend this place to anyone,find you a decent place

• Stayed September 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank freddy_hyatt
Williamston, South Carolina, United States
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the longest time and it's a "Ok" hotel. If your looking for a hotel with good service, wifi & a great pool, This is the place for you. But like I said it's a "Ok" hotel. One year I stayed there I think it was 2 or 1 years ago but anyways me and my family went and checked in and went to our hotel room and as soon as we got in there (not the main tower, it is nicer) the covers are messed up, I opened up the oven and there were cooked oranges in there. Who cooks oranges? But anyways we called the main desk and we got another room thank God! The other room was very nice did not have anything wrong with it, so that was good! Overall me and my family had a great time! I look foward coming back in a couple of weeks. But other than that time all of my stays were great! Also the wifi is good! Pools were great also! "Good" Hotel. :)

Room Tip: The main tower is better but most of the time it is higher but if you want a good stay I recomend th...
  • Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
Salisbury, NC
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently took 2 of our grandkids, ages 6 & 10, for a long weekend before school started back. We had a blast! We got an ocean front jacuzzi suite with a private balcony. The room was clean; and the beds slept nicely. There is a lazy river, 2 hot tubs, and several pools which the kids loved. One thing though - there is no lifeguard at the hotel so kids were running & jumping in & out of the lazy river, pool & hot tubs. The location was really nice. We were able to walk to the boardwalk, browse thru the stores. One thing we really enjoyed was the lawn in front of the hotel. They have it equipped with tables, chairs, umbrellas. We were able to walk to the beach, go to the hotel & make lunch, eat it on the lawn under an umbrella, and visit the pool - with no hassle. I saw a lot of bad reviews but I think as long as you stay in the Main Tower you will enjoy. We will be coming back!

Room Tip: Choose a room from the Main Tower.
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Karen G
Knoxvile
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked an oceanfront room, but I got a patio with a pool view. I couldn't even see the ocean from my ocean front room. If I pulled the drapes so I could see outside, I had a pool full of people starring at me and right into my room. When I asked for a room on a higher floor I told they were booked, but that was a lie. The room was old and I refused to sleep under the covers, because of the horrible odor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this hotel!!!!

• Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple