“Very Slack!”

Boardwalk Beach Resort
Ranked #154 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed September 17, 2013

I was in an old room and no one warned me till I got there. I talk with these people several times and no one told that not all the rooms weren't updated. The hot water was too hot and I burnt my hand. Housekeeping didn't clean our room everyday. There was blood on one of our comforters. We were questioned as to why we needed towels....uuuummm duh we're at the beach and we need to wash after leaving the ocean and dirty pool. Great location tho...

Reviewed September 17, 2013

This hotel is your place to stay for a reasonable priced vacation. The outside is much better than the inside. The lawn with tables and recliners was our favorite. The pools were nice and clean. We stayed in the south tower. This is an older resort so don't expect lavished rooms. Our room was nicely cleaned. Everyone we had contact with was extremely pleasant from checking in and out to the cleaning and lawn workers. For a lower cost vacation we would recommend this resort.

Room Tip: ask for room in newer main tower
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Debra S
Reviewed September 9, 2013

very dissatisfied with labor day weekend at boardwalk resort pools crowded ,no ice in ice machine
loud music was playing ouside from 11:00 pm until 5:00 am called front desk at 3:00 am to ask if they could do anything about the loud music, they didnt stop it.worst trip we ever took to the beach,decided to cut it short and go home a day early,asked for my money back for the night we could not sleep,management said was nothing they could do would not stay there again if they let me stay for free would not reccomend this place to anyone,find you a decent place

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank freddy_hyatt
Reviewed September 5, 2013

I have stayed at this hotel for the longest time and it's a "Ok" hotel. If your looking for a hotel with good service, wifi & a great pool, This is the place for you. But like I said it's a "Ok" hotel. One year I stayed there I think it was 2 or 1 years ago but anyways me and my family went and checked in and went to our hotel room and as soon as we got in there (not the main tower, it is nicer) the covers are messed up, I opened up the oven and there were cooked oranges in there. Who cooks oranges? But anyways we called the main desk and we got another room thank God! The other room was very nice did not have anything wrong with it, so that was good! Overall me and my family had a great time! I look foward coming back in a couple of weeks. But other than that time all of my stays were great! Also the wifi is good! Pools were great also! "Good" Hotel. :)

Room Tip: The main tower is better but most of the time it is higher but if you want a good stay I recomend th...
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We recently took 2 of our grandkids, ages 6 & 10, for a long weekend before school started back. We had a blast! We got an ocean front jacuzzi suite with a private balcony. The room was clean; and the beds slept nicely. There is a lazy river, 2 hot tubs, and several pools which the kids loved. One thing though - there is no lifeguard at the hotel so kids were running & jumping in & out of the lazy river, pool & hot tubs. The location was really nice. We were able to walk to the boardwalk, browse thru the stores. One thing we really enjoyed was the lawn in front of the hotel. They have it equipped with tables, chairs, umbrellas. We were able to walk to the beach, go to the hotel & make lunch, eat it on the lawn under an umbrella, and visit the pool - with no hassle. I saw a lot of bad reviews but I think as long as you stay in the Main Tower you will enjoy. We will be coming back!

Room Tip: Choose a room from the Main Tower.
1  Thank Karen G
Reviewed August 19, 2013

I booked an oceanfront room, but I got a patio with a pool view. I couldn't even see the ocean from my ocean front room. If I pulled the drapes so I could see outside, I had a pool full of people starring at me and right into my room. When I asked for a room on a higher floor I told they were booked, but that was a lie. The room was old and I refused to sleep under the covers, because of the horrible odor. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY on this hotel!!!!

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled as a couple
3  Thank ad1499
Reviewed August 9, 2013

Was in the South Tower I at first. Room was horrible. Old and furnishings in Kitchen, Bedroom and bath outdated. Moved to Main tower room was better but keep getting locked out of room for two days and they didn't want to move us to new room. Kids enjoyed lazy river but swimming and everything in lazy river couldn't enjoy it. Front desk staff needs to be more friendly would not recommend. Three day total stay and only people that where happy were the kids.

Room Tip: Do not stay at Boardwalk at the Beach. Website not always what it seems.
1  Thank TamaraD45