“Wonderful Stay”

Boardwalk Beach Resort
Ranked #153 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed March 31, 2013

We visited the resort in late March. Our room was lovely, clean, well stocked and comfortable. It was very quiet. The indoor pool area was nice but there were too much chemicals in the hot tub and my eyes kept tearing up. My guy friend is physically handicapped and there were only 4 handicapped spaces at the front of the building, which was a huge inconvenience. Overall, I would stay there again.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank GSOLady

Reviewed March 25, 2013

My wife and I stayed from March 10 thru March 18th. Our stay was very enjoyable. The housekeeping staff did a great job. They were very courtious and respectfull. Also their supervisor checked with us regularly to make sure we were satisfied. We had clean linen and towels every day.
We thought the rates were reasonable and that the staff was very friendly. We stayed here in October 2012, again in March 2013, and plan on staying here whenever we come to Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: March 2013
2  Thank stoogie51
Reviewed March 15, 2013

My family and I have been here at least 3 times over the years, always staying in the tower, and as of yet I have not been disappointed by this place. The staff has always been friendly, the rooms are clean and well maintained, and my kids love the beach access and pool.

• Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
1  Thank kermitcarpenter
Reviewed March 11, 2013

This hotel is horrible. I went over spring break, thinking we made a great decision but instead it turned out to be one of the worst hotels I have ever stayed at before. Not only is it way too over priced, but nothing even worked. NO lazy river, NO outdoor pools, and the room service was horrible. All of the lights in one of our rooms didnt even work. If you are going as a student they will have mandatory checks of your room but they are not that serious (they check for alcohol, if anything is broken, etc) So if you are under 21 you cannot go that wild. It is within 5-7 minutes of broad way and about a 15-20 minute walk to the boardwalk. Choose another hotel if you can because you will be disappointed.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends
3  Thank john j
Reviewed March 4, 2013

This "Potel" Motel ruined the weekend getaway my husband and I went on this past weekend for my 33rd birthday. We wanted a jacuzzi room to share a romantic evening together. Upon entering the building the horrible smell that overcame us was the prelude to what was to come. The once in the elevator we wondered what we had done. As we got off onto our floor it smelled as tho we were in an old hospital. Then we enter the "room." I thought for sure this was a rent by the hour venue. The very old couch and table chair in our non smoking room both had cigarette burns on them. We refused tho sit on either. The jacuzzi was disgusting and when I turned on the jets water from the previous user sprayed out into the tub. the tub leaked constantly and the toilet ran at free will. The linens appeared to be cleaned although didn't smell that way so we purchased our on sheets and blanket to sleep on as we wanted to make the best of our stay seeing as how we weren't to get back our deposit. We didn't sleep two hours throughout our stay however because the bed was the worst! There was no do not disturb sign on the door for us to use so as you can guess house cleaning came in while we were out on Saturday with all of our stuff in the room. I was very upset about that. The room was to be ocean view but it was barely that, because the sliding glass door to the balcony would only open about four inches. Thank God there was no fire! As we got ready for a night out on Saturday we did however think there was a fire because as we showered the fan in the bathroom that automatically comes on with the light was apparently pulling marijuana from another guests room into our room where I, who am very allergic to smoke was staying. I developed a terrible headache therefor ruining my night out. When we returned around midnight not only the bathroom but the entire room smelled like marijuana. If you want a romantic getaway, or a nice place for you family, please do your research. This place doesn't give much info for a reason. If you are looking for cleanliness, comfort, or class this is absolutely not where you want to stay.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled as a couple
2  Thank CarolinaBeaches22480
Reviewed February 16, 2013

My husband and myself decided to come for a short weekend get away in december to the baordwalk. We called and rented a room just like we have many times before on our master card. On the nite we were headed there..our truck broke down...we called the baordwalk and explained the situation and the lady there assured us that it was ok...she said she would hold our money for up to one yr and gave us a reservation number. We were happy to know that our money was safe and once again made plans a few weeks later to go there. We called once again to let them know that we were on the way and gave the lady our reservation number. She got back on the phone and told us that there was no such number and we were a "no show" and they couldn't refund our money. That's a bunch of crap...so if u decide to stay...please pay as ur there..or you will get ripped off. We have stayed here many times and have many friends and for them not to honor this in any way is a bunch of crap! This place has definately lost our business and everybody we know.

• Stayed: December 2012
6  Thank shedavid
Reviewed February 2, 2013

We just recently stayed at Boardwalk Beach Resort for 3 nights on January 26th to January 29th, and we absoluty LOVED this place. After calling around to many different Resorts, trying to find one that would let us check in and make a reservation at the age of 20, we finally found Boardwalk. They do have a $200.00 deposit which is taken in cash when you check in, but as long as your room is not damaged in any way, you will recieve that deposit back right at check out. The front desk staff was amazing. They always asked how our stay was, and talk to you like friends, but still professional. The room, was just what we expected, great! The view from the balcony was breath taking. The maid service, was always friendly, and were there to make sure that we had everything we needed. I read the reviews before we went, but decided to judge myself, and boy am I glad I did. We had no trouble with rude people or smelly rooms, or anything of the sort. Everything was perfect. We used to stay at a different Hotel, but Boardwalk will deffinitly be our first choice from now on. I would like to thank the maid staff, and front desk staff, for making our stay so wonderful. I couldn't say anything bad about this place. A word to the wise, don't believe everything you read in reviews, go anyway and see for yourself, this Hotel is no where near as bad as people make it sound. See you again soon Boardwalk!!!!

P.S. The Resort is not right on the boardwalk, but only a short walk away. I give this Resort 5 stars for it's location.

Room Tip: Main Tower 5th floor Oceanfront Jacuzzi Suite