Message from TripAdvisor:

“Satisfied customers from Canada”

Boardwalk Beach Resort
Ranked #159 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Montreal, Canada
“Satisfied customers from Canada”
Reviewed November 1, 2011

We have been going to the Boardwalk Beach Resort since 1999. We have enjoyed our stay all those years and will continue for years to come.The rates are very affordable. We have stayed in the North & South Towers and the rooms are always clean and the beds are comfortable. The staff at the front desk,the maids and maintenance staff are all very nice and helpful. The Boardwalk is well located in the downtown area of Myrtle Beach. It is close to many fun activities, excellent restaurants that are only a few minutes by foot or car. For all travellers who are looking for a good and affordable hotel we recommend the Boardwalk Beach Resort.

Room Tip: If you have children the maintower is your best choice.If you are a couple the North & South Tow...
  • Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Richard M

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (115)
Ohio
Reviewed October 18, 2011

If you have never stayed at the boardwalk or don't know the vicinity I suggest you familiarize yourself first with the property before you book. I know MB like a second home because I have been coming every year since my fifth birthday and I'm now 32. I know ocean boulevard north and south from 30th ave n to 2 ave s and in between. The property is not really a resort. It has four buildings one main and three others. The fourth and third would date back to 1960s. And the second was acquired and renamed from the surf rider and is from late 1970 to 1980. The main is about 9 years old.

Looks can be deceiving because a brand new office is across the street that is nicely decorated like an upscale Hotel would be.

We just needed two nights after we checked out of the Carolina grande (a nightmare all it's own please read my review). I was impressed because even though it was close to midnight (the office is open 24hrs) they let us view three different room setups by ourselves to decide what we wanted. The large main building has two bedroom and two bathroom setups but the furnishings are dark and mismatched but are newer but I still wasn't impressed by the price as it was way too much. I am cheap and the boardwalk was the cheapest rate for the weekend on entire strip so we ended up taking the jacuzzi suite room.

It was in the second building on the north side and since I am very familiar with the main towers lazy river (the longest one next to the breakers resort) and the main pool area I was fine with the other building. The pool area is kept clean including the water. Our balcony had a huge door one of the widest I've seen since the building is older. I advise getting a room at the very end of the hallway next to maid closet due to the loud elevators!

I will tell you that the inside of the building is like being in a Romanian hospital. Kind of slummy. Our room did have a new sofa pull out bed. Most rooms in the older buildings have mismatched furniture such as vomit color sofa beds and 70s office weird chairs and uncomfortable hard spring mattresses with stains on the box springs. But our bathroom was extremely nice because it had a jacuzZi tub with seat and separate shower and toilet on other side of wall. The room was small but still felt large because it only had a king bed and then the sofa pull out and table and chair. There was a microwave and fridge too.

Also I couldn't imagine staying here in peak season because they pretty much rent to any age. There were 40 college dudes staying here from a flag football team scattered throughout the property and at night they would keep their doors open like a dorm. And since there are no front desks in each building they got away with it until security guards took care of it thankfully.

The housekeepers excluding supervisor cut corners somewhat. We found several blasting TVs and sitting down eating food left by vacationers while we walked by.

If you only need for three days it's a great value. But if you are one if these people that don't want to walk around for a couple of minutes to get from your room to the beach or pool area and expect to walk right into the water then look elsewhere.

• Stayed October 2011
2 Thank Materialgrl

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Ontario's Near North, Canada
Reviewed September 20, 2011

I probably should've made reservations, if I wanted quality accommodations in the first place and if I really cared about luxury. Basically, I just wanted somewhere to eat/sleep. The first thing we did after we brought all of our stuff into the room, was turn around and take it right back to the car. At first glance, we knew we would not be storing any bags in the room. When we walked up the stairs to the room, we noticed large bugs crawling everywhere. I don't know what a cockroach looks like, but these crawling things looked like the creatures they ate on Fear Factor. I don't know if these bugs are native to the area, or if all the hotels have them, so basically we just watched where we stepped and left all the lights on all night. There are two good things about this hotel. 1. It is close to the ocean. 2. It has a swimming pool. 3. Staying here gives you a great parking spot near the ocean. The pool is okay to get the sand off you, but it is open, and you could probably just walk into it without staying at the hotel. I am pretty sure when I come back to Myrtle Beach again, I will read these reviews, and make reservations somewhere else.

Room Tip: The higher the better.
  • Stayed October 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank m0nal1sa
Sevierville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 14, 2011

We arrived in Myrtle Beach Sept. 9th after reviewing many resort websites and finding plenty of openings. Of course, we get there and they are booking fast, or the only rooms left face a garage. We have friends who stay at Boardwalk, so we went by to check the rooms. The front desk staff was nice. She gave us a key to see a room on the 5th floor of the building just to the right of the main tower (guess the south tower or building). It was nasty, very run down, rust on kitchen appliances, need I say more. Reminded me of what a "roach motel" would look like. I don't live that way at home, so I don't plan on paying $92 to $117 per night for that!
We returned to the registration desk and asked if there was another room available. Hesiantly, she gave us a key card for the 5th floor of the MAIN TOWER. It was much much cleaner (compared to the other building and also compared to the other 6 hotels we checked). I don't expect to see the same cleanliness as I do in the spring after they have cleaned during the winter, but I want clean linens, no smell, and clean furniture.
We had to pay $117 per night and if I had to do it over, I would stay at Coral Beach which was extremely nice and clean, and $92 per night oceanfront. We got to park on the same side most of the time, but there are 2 other lots across the street and a parking garage. We did not visit the indoor pool.
When we returned to registration, another lady helped us and she was very friendly/curteous and we got in our rooms quickly. Maid service came daily and did not mess with any of our things. The pool area was always clean.
The only real thing I would complain about but it also happens at other places.....I could hear the conversations of our neighbors, their shutting cabinet doors, and talking which was not what I liked (language with our child present).

Room Tip: ask to see your room before you take it
angier nc
Reviewed September 9, 2011

we get to our hotel and we go to the front office to check in and theres a lady in there complaing about the maids about not wanting them in there to start off with, then we get to our parking spot and a older couple walk by and ask hows the stay and we told them we dont know we havent been here before and they tell us when they stayed the rooms smelled and were dirty and wouldnt come back. so what a great way to start off our vaction, the hotel was not worth what you pay you can deffently find a better one for the price. so the next day when we get ready to check out we grab most of the bags and went to take it to the car but left our phones on the bed and a couple of other bags behind to come back, so when we did come backk which couldnt have been more then 3 minutes all the sudden one of our iphone 4's are missing so were looking for it and cant find it, so i sent a message to lock it and saying return my F****** phone and when you send it a message it makes a loud noise till you unlock it, well the next thing i know this heavy set lady comes off the evelavotor says is this your phone i said yes where was is and she tells me oh on top of the fridge but my fiance cant even reach the top of the fridge so i take it that the fridge must be code name for her back pocket . so i would advise anybody to stay away from there never again will i go

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
West Virgina
Reviewed September 8, 2011

We booked unit 1431 in the Boardwalk Resort. It is owned by a private owner by the name of John, his website is http://myrtlebeach168.webs.com. His website speaks for itself! It's a oceanfront condo that can sleep a total of 8 people. We had a party of 5, came with fully equipped kitchen. Which was important to me, as we cook meals in the unit. He also was very understanding as we planned to travel in August and then Hurricane Irene hit, he had no problem with lettting us reschedule. Everything was in working order and the unit was very clean! The resort was very clean, plenty of pools and right on the beach. For our first time in Myrtle Beach we had a wonderful experience, and John's unit made our stay even better. I've referred this unit to family and friends and would also refer this to others. If you plan coming to Myrtle Beach...I would recommend you rent unit 1431 at the Boardwalk Resort. You won't regret!!!!

Room Tip: Take time and shop around. Read reviews, but always can't believe them.
3 Thank queenbeewv
Nashville, Tennessee
Reviewed September 6, 2011

We arrived Saturday afternoon room was ready and clean we did not find anything dirty we stayed in a type 14 suit on the 11th floor in main tower. Hotel is not new but for the price it was worth it. Our room was overlooking the beach and we had a full kitchen . There was 5 of us and we had more then enough room. Only issue was there was alot of loud people and some of them were tossing things from the top floors down iinto the pool/lazy river area where there was alot of kids. I would stay there again. Staff was helpful and polite . Check in and out was a breeze. P.S there are 2 more towers I would advise to stay in main tower.