“My New Favourite in MB”

Pine Lakes International Country Club
More attraction details
Owner description: The first course established in Myrtle Beach and one of the most important sites in the history of American golf.
Reviewed May 11, 2014

My rule in reading other reviews is that if a reviewer says one member of a staff was rude, that staff member may need to be replaced or maybe they just had a bad day. If a reviewer says EVERYONE was rude....well maybe the reviewer is the issue.

Regardless, I found the staff at Pine Lakes was superb and only outdone by one excellent track. Holes were interesting, varied, with enough difficulty to make it a test. Add to that greens, fairways and tees which were immaculate.

Yes it would be nice to have a practise facility but if you know that there isn't going to be one there, you can prepare. My advice is that Pine Lakes should be on your "must play" list if you're going to MB. I've played maybe 30 different courses in the area and its now my new Numero UNO.

1  Thank coldcoq
"grand daddy"
"practice range"
"nice track"
in 2 reviews
"staff was very friendly"
"grand strand"
"holes"
in 15 reviews
"par"

Reviewed May 10, 2014

Just played here for the first time since all the changes and won't be going back. What made this easy course worth playing was the treatment from the staff and the focus on tradition. All of that is gone and has been replaced by the worst staff we met in six days of golf in Myrtle. My advice is to pass on the new Pine Lakes as there are lots of way better courses where the staff actually like what they do.

Reviewed April 15, 2014

Golfed Pine Lakes on short notice on a day that it was suppose to rain. Got through the round without rain -- Ended up being one of our favorite courses. Greens and fairways were in great shape. Friendly staff. Kept people moving. Beautiful clubhouse. All around was a great experience and would definitely come back!!!

Reviewed March 15, 2014

This was the favorite course of my trip. Challenging but not unreasonabe. I will be back my next trip.

See more reviews
Reviewed February 19, 2014

The course was nice and well maintained. We felt a bit rushed on the course b/c several groups behind our foursome were 2 or threesomes. We finished our round in 3:45 minutes but always felt rushed. I was shocked with the cost of the round not to have a driving range facility to warm up. It has been 4 months since I picked up clubs and the first 3 holes were a bit of a struggle.

1  Thank Rob C