“Golf trip”

West Course at Myrtle Beach National
More attraction details
Owner description: This course is reputed to be one of the most challenging and scenic in the Myrtle Beach area.
Reviewed April 14, 2014

This course was the best course of the five we played the week of April 7th. We played this course on 4/8/2014 and from the staff to the starter to the golf course, this was a great experience. The fairways were in fantastic shape and the greens were quick, but very fair, awesome course and we will be back next year!

Reviewed April 7, 2014

Condition was good, but certainly not up to the standards of the North course. No real trouble, but fun.

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Myrtle Beach National West course is a great course to start your golf trip on. Played last week in March. Good condition, greens rolled true, generous fairways.

Easiest of the three Myrtle Beach National Courses, less water, more open. But still a good test of golf and a lot of fun.

Reviewed January 21, 2014

I played the West Course at MBN yesterday. While I played some of the worst golf in my adult life the course had nothing to do with it, so I wont base my review on the way I played. It was a beautiful winter day with temperatures in the 60s. I was greeted warmly at the bag drop and in the pro shop. I payed $41 for 18 holes and $4 for a range token, all of which I thought were fair prices. All employees were extremely friendly and helpful. I didnt like it that I had to hit off of a mat at the range, I just hate those things. The course was in good shape for this time of the year. Tees and fairways were overseeded and green. The course was a little wet in spots but its been a pretty soggy winter in the south. The course is relatively open with plenty of room to hit the ball. If you hit it in the trees, they are not so thick that you cant find it but usually all you can do is chip it out. (I spent a considerable amount of time doing this). There are many doglegs and all of them seem to be dogleg lefts. The greens were extremely hard and fast, very hard to stop the ball and very difficult to put on. A word of warning DO NOT GO OVER THE PIN!!!! Almost all greens slope severely from back to front and if you go over the pin you have no shot at stopping a downhill putt or chip. Most greens are elevated too. All in all a fun golf course at a good price in good condition, it will go on my list of places to play again.

Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

Myrtle Beach National Golf Course and West course specifically is a treat to play. It is a very nice design with challenging doglegs with an awesome ending 190 yard par three or was today from the whites with back tee with water along the left. Fun course, enjoy MBN West Course!

1  Thank Bandit2118