“Wow!”
Review of Man O' War

Man O' War
More attraction details
Owner description: Designed by Dan Maples, this 18-hole public golf course stretches 6,967 yards from the championship tees.
York, United Kingdom
50 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 37 helpful votes
“Wow!”
Reviewed September 25, 2013 via mobile

Best greens I have ever played on!

Don't worry too much about the water, most of it is purely ornamental. The whole course is in excellent condition! We got round in just under 4 hours which is unheard of in resort golf!

I wish we'd booked to play the Wizard and the Witch courses too!

Visited September 2013

Calgary, Canada
5 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Pleasantly Surprised”
Reviewed July 27, 2013

Course shape was better conditioned then most we played - (same applies to its sister course - The Wizard.) Staff were very accommodating and playing replay was easily done and very reasonable. Strongly recommended as part of your trip.

Visited April 2013
1 Thank 6Gordon6
Raleigh, North Carolina
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 21 helpful votes
“Not as intimidating as it looks”
Reviewed July 21, 2013

Yes there is a LOT of water on this course, but the good news is the fairways are pretty wide and the island greens are fairly wide targets. I can only think of 2 or 3 times where I had to play safe and lay up. So long as you can keep it in the fairways you shouldn't get into too much trouble. Course condition was good, I actually played earlier in the spring so it wasn't perfect yet but you could tell it is well kept. I really like this course: it's not an easy under par round, but you don't have to be named Palmer or Trevino to play well either.

Visited May 2013
Greenville, South Carolina
19 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 38 helpful votes
“Challenging and enjoyable with great views!”
Reviewed July 10, 2013

This course is surrounded by water and wetlands. My dad and I enjoyed a great round of 18 holes with another duo this past week. Our tee time was 12:15pm and was under $100.00 for us both including cart fee. This course was a great challenge and it definitely a course you can learn a lot from. I would recommend this course to any golfer visiting the area. You will not be sorry. Check out their specials and coupons for savings!

Visited July 2013
3 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 3 helpful votes
“Great course!”
Reviewed June 8, 2013 via mobile

I recently had the pleasure of playing golf at Man O' War in Myrtle Beach, SC. What a great place to tee it up! I was the leader of a group of 36 golfers (well, some were golfers!). Not one bad review from anyone! The course was in excellent condition and the staff was more than hospitable! I take this group down to MB every year and in the immortal words of Arnold, "we'll be back!"

Visited April 2013