“umm... yeah NO!!!”

Got a photo?
Add it.
Heron Point Golf Club
More attraction details
Owner description: Public 18-hole course is a Willard Byrd design featuring plenty of water, bunkers and narrow fairways that challenges even the most serious of golfers.
Reviewed April 30, 2014

I'm not going to lie. I'm an 8-10 hdcp that craves to play golf more than the 10 times I get to play every year. So for me, I'm not that picky. Usually I am just glad to get out and play. But this course, I wouldn't play again if you told me the greens fees were free. My playing partners feel the same. The layout wasn't too bad, although by #12 it stared to feel very redundant. Narrow fairway start to get on your nerves after a while. But that wasn't even the frustrating part. The greens are like trying to put on a street made of gravel and the bunkers are a barren wasteland of sticks, and grass with very little sand in them. Furthermore, it's not too cool when you would rather your ball end up in the rough than the fairway because the rough is in better shape. Thank you and good luck!

1  Thank Steve C

Reviewed April 2, 2014

Because of all the turf and other problems, I understand it will be closed for yet another complete redo for 5-6 mos beginning early May, 2014.

1  Thank gunnerHiltonHead_SC
Reviewed May 22, 2013

Just awful! Thank goodness I was with a friend and we had a great time even though the greens looked like a bald head man and the sand traps were FULL of water! I did book on a coupon and paid way more then $27.00. The guy in the pro was working the snack bar also. Bottom line so many great courses in the area they need some work!

Reviewed March 22, 2013

Very challenging course. Greens are exceptionally fast. Lots of water. Bfriendly staff. Rates are great with a dozen free golf balls. One of the best deals on the beach.

Reviewed November 20, 2012

We played yesterday with a forcast of scattered showers. I booked on-line quoted $34. The proshop charged the Locals price of $27. Don't bother with those coupons outside of peak season. The course was empty. We played "cart path only" in 3 1/2 hours. That included plenty of time walking back and forth to our balls. Some of the greens looked in rough shape. They all putted pretty true. The course was very wet - no roll. There's not as much water as the advertising would lead you to believe.