“Quiet and relaxing getaway... would do it again,”
Review of Long Bay Resort

Long Bay Resort
Ranked #33 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed December 20, 2010

My most recent getaway in Myrtle Beach was great. It helped that I stayed at a resort that was clean, friendly, affordable and most importantly QUIET. Maid service was A+++ The staff from checkin to checkout including the staff that I ran into during my stay were always very helpful and seemed to enjoy their job.

• Stayed: December 2010, traveled solo
Tanya_Manager, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded January 5, 2011

I am happy to hear that you were able to enjoy a peaceful and quiet getaway. We all need those at times, and why not do that at Long Bay while taking advantage of our affordable rates. Thanks for the compliments in regards to our staff as well. We look forward to serving you again during your next visit.

Reviewed December 7, 2010

My family and I went to Myrtle Beach for Thanksgiving and birthday celebration for my now 20 year old twins. Long Bay was always our destination of choice in Myrtle Beach when the kids were young. I am not sure what happened but a few years back we became disgruntled with Long Bay as the facilities were not up to the standards we thought they should be. We started staying at the southern end of the strip on all of our visits to MB.

On the most recent trip we had tickets for the Christmas show at Alabama Theatre. We thought we would give Long Bay another try due to their convenience to the Theatre and shopping outlets. My family and I were pleasantly surprised at the good condition of the facilities and the great customer service offered by the staff.

Although check in was a little slow that was to be expected with the large number of guest arriving at the same time. Our first room was on the 2nd floor directly above the pool area. We asked for another room and were immediately offered a room on the 7th floor which was great. It appears management and the support staff at Long Bay has redirected their attention to customer service and it was much welcomed.

As a retired Law Enforcement Officer I always consider location on any of my visits. Long Bay is located in a safe area and is very convenient to just about anywhere in the MB area. Use the maps and side streets to navigate when traffic is bad.

Starbucks????? Not my favorite but that should not keep anyone from staying here.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family
Tanya_Manager, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 9, 2010

I am very happy to hear that your most recent trip to Long bay Resort was a pleasure. We have done a lot of work to ensure great guest service. We have also done a lot of work to the facility and have a lot of additional renovations that will be taking place very soon. It's really nice when a return guest does notice our efforts. We appreciate you and your continued patronage. We look forward to seeing you during a future visit.

Reviewed December 1, 2010

Our experience was great. The room was very clean. The staff from the 8th floor did an excellent job! I thought I was on a cruise ship when I saw the special arrangement of towels each day. Beautiful oceanfront view. Myrtle Beach is quiet this time of year.

The numerous pools, jacuzzi's and lazy river were clean and fun.

We ate at Martins Restaurant one evening. A bit pricey, but very good food and service. Starbucks is conveniently located in the hotel.

The staff was helpful getting us tickets to the Carolina Opry. The Christmas show was great.

The room had all the amenities that we needed for the week.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple

Thank you so much for taking the time to write us a review in regards to your most recent stay at the Long Bay Resort. I am glad that you took advantage of our numerous amenities and also noticed the personal service that housekeeping gives to each room. The special arrangements of the towels is a extra touch we give to our rooms after housekeeping service is done. I am also happy to hear that you took advantage of purchasing discounted tickets from us. There's so much to offer here in Myrtle Beach and so much that we have to offer our guests here at the Long Bay Resort. We look forward to seeing you during your next visit.

Reviewed November 23, 2010

The front desk staff was so pleasant, through, and efficient that I was impressed. The room was nicer than I expected, and the view was wonderful. Parking was so convenient, with a parking deck for every floor and access from every floor. We didn't use the pools etc. but there were plenty of options if we had wanted to.

I had problems with the internet connection, kept getting dropped. It wasn't that important to me, so I didn't call the desk to ask for assistance.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled on business

It's nice to hear that you enjoyed your most recent visit to the Long Bay Resort. We try our best to make each experience for our guest enjoyable. Thanks for the comments in regards to the front desk. This has been passed on and is definitely an esteem booster for many. I apologize for the issues you experienced with the internet connection. Just so you know, we are in the process of having our internet services upgraded. You should not experience these issues during future visits.

Thanks so much for your review. We look forward to serving you again in the future.

Reviewed November 22, 2010

We have stayed in many different hotels in the Myrtle Beach area over the years, but the Long Bay is by far the best for your money. We stayed there again in early September of 2010. We booked our trip through their website when they were running a special of around $50 a night for a 2 queen resort view. The rooms are always clean and have a tropical decor that reminded me of the bahamas. We had a small fridge, coffee maker and toaster, also. This time of year the temperature was still in the 80's and we tanned by the pool every day and hit the many hottubs at night. Check out this hotel's website and do yourself and your wallet a favor. Make sure to stay just after the summer rates have ended and book during a special.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Tanya_Manager, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded December 15, 2010

It sounds as though you had the opportunity to take advantage of one of the many awesome deals that we have available via our website. I am glad to hear that we could do your wallet a favor by saving you money. be sure to check out our website throughout the year for other great specials.

Thanks for the great review and noting the cleanliness of our rooms. This is something we take very seriously and it's great when we get positive feedback from our guest.

Again, thanks for your review and we look forward to serving you again during your next visit.

Reviewed November 19, 2010

What a great time we had at Long Bay! The salt water pools were so warm; it was like bath water. We didn't want to get out. Had more water activity than can remember in recent years. Pool area was clean and plenty of tables. 3 hot tubs to choose from. Nice indoor area for the littler children away from the large pool. Lazy river even warm - best first thing in morning. Roomy accomodations. Nice kitchen and sitting area. Accomodating staff. Enjoyed the ping pong, shuffleboard and sauna in the same area instead of separate. Outside poolside area was clean also. Daily maid service available, if desired.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

I am happy to hear you enjoyed your visit here at the Long Bay Resort. The water activities that we have available on site are one of our biggest attractions to many guest. It sounds as though you took complete advantage of the water amenities. I am also happy to hear that our staff were friendly and that you enjoyed your accommodations. We truly appreciate your feedback and look forward to serving you again during your next visit.

Reviewed November 10, 2010

The kids will love the heated pools including heated lazy river. The best perk was the Starbucks outside the lobby. The layout of the hotel is a little weird. All rooms face the outside of the building some even face the parking deck. The bathrooms were more modern than the rooms. Not recommended if your looking for luxury or traditional hotel room, more like motel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled with family

Thanks for taking the time to write a review in regards to your most recent stay here at Long Bay Resort. I am happy to hear that your children were able to enjoy our water amenities and that you enjoyed being able to take advantage of the Starbucks located on our property. We have our property set up so that guests can access their rooms from the parking level on which they may be parked by walking directly to their room or using the elevators.

In regards to the bathrooms, we are in the process of making many renovations throughout our property. I am sure this you will notice during your next visit to Long bay Resort. We look forward to serving you again in the future.