My family and I stayed here for six days. I was thrilled by our oceanfront view from our room. I was confused by the options of ocean view vs. oceanfront and called to speak to someone at the hotel to make sure we would get a view of the ocean from our room. The service was pretty good in that, I requested an oceanfront room but not on the ground floor and we lucked out because it was on the fourth floor and ready when we arrived (early because our flights were switched). The front desk was always very pleasant to deal with.
The rooms are outdated and need some work. While we were there, maintenance came to our room saying that they thought our bathroom was leaking to the floor below. I noticed the door to the bathroom looked as though it has been rotting as the bottom looked a bit chewed up.
The maids were pretty friendly and asked if we needed anything since we opted not to have our room cleaned every day. The guys who were doing construction or maintenance in the hotel were so nice! They helped me and my husband get our luggage and daughter in her stroller up the stairs to the parking area just because they saw us struggling with our stuff (because we had a lot - traveling with a young child always requires traveling with about half the household).
We only ate at the hotel restaurant once for breakfast. The buffet was good and cheap and the service was great. We chose not to eat there again only because we felt it would be healthier to eat some instant oatmeal in our room.
Pools were nice, however, the outdoor children's pool is often shaded and rather cold. Even though there were no smoking signs up, there were often people smoking while in the jacuzzis which were near the children's indoor pool and lazy river.
My only gripe about the hotel is that they really should consider having a business center for guests to use. My wireless card on my computer got fried for some reason and I was at a loss as to how to do a little bit of work that I had planned on doing. When I inquired about a business center, I was told they didn't have one and was given the suggestion to go to the public library to use one there.
Other than that, we had a great time here. We probably won't stay again because we found the hotel next door Ocean Reef to be so much nicer. We ended up staying at Ocean Reef for the last two days of our 8 day vacation because by the time we decided to stay a little longer, our room was no longer available. Luckily we were able to get an oceanfront room at Ocean Reef at the last minute.
I would recommend Long Bay for budget travelers. Location is great - close to Super Walmart, outlet mall, and Barefoot Landing and directly on the beach.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Orbitz, TripOnline SA, Hotels.com, Travelocity, getaroom.com and HotelQuickly so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc