3,210 results
All reviewsmartin's restaurantsavoy buildinglazy riverocean view cafelongbay resortocean frontgolf directorpool areathree bedroomparking garagebedroom condogolf packagefamily vacationkiddie poolsseveral yearsgreat resortthe past years
Reviewed June 29, 2005

I stayed at the Long Bay Resort last weekend. I guess I was lucky b/c I did not experience as bad a stay as some others wrote. This hotel is dated, does need some updating but I suspect other hotels in the area are the same. My biggest complaint was the mold on the shower curtain, fridge that didnt get cold and south ocean view rm that had limited view of ocean but more view of parking lot next door. On the plus side, the pools were nice, easy access to the ocean, nice restaurant (Martins ?) with breakfast buffet. I booked through Expedia. They did not tell me that a $100 deposit would be required at check-in (outside of room rate). Parking is limited during the evenings -so get back to your room before 8pm. One very important note is the that Teakwood Hotel across the street was torn down the Monday before last ! It will become additional parking for the hotel. I can't believe that guests were still staying there up until the day they tore it down !

7  Thank Odyssey1913
Reviewed June 27, 2005

We stayed at the Long Bay Resort for 5 nights in mid June. For those on a budget the family value package was an excellent deal in that it included a choice of several local attractions for one price. The pool area was very nice although if you don't like kids this is not the place for you. Our kids enjoyed the activities and the lazy river. Now for the problems. The parking garage was very dimly lit with little or no security. The building itself is old and we constantly had maintenance knocking on our door because our bathroom pipes were leaking on the room below. The staff was not really rude but not very apologetic for the problems. Cleanliness was OK. Again probably the only reason for us to stay here again would be the family value package.

6  Thank disneyahead
Reviewed June 17, 2005

We stayed at the long bay the week of June 13.

First , the things we liked :

-Very nice pools. Lots of hot tubs. Kiddy pool.
-Good location near residential area on north end of MB.
-Good selection of TV channels.
-Close to ocean and pool.
-nice beach area
-room was cheerfully decorated
-family area of the beach--not many teenagers

Second, the things we did NOT like :

We stayed in an oceanfront efficiency room on the 2nd floor. When we checked in the desk staff was less than friendly. We even had to ask what floor our room was on. I had requested first floor at least 4 mos prior and we did not get it. We were on the 2nd floor. The desk clerk said to park in the parking garage on any floor and then take the elevators. Fine.

We were able to park on the 2nd floor and looked for our room. To our suprise we had to walk down a flight of 5-6 steps to go down to the hallways where our room was. There was NO alternate route to our room. This meant that we had to carry all our luggage by hand up and down the stairs and down 3 hallways to get to our room. What a pain in the neck. I am pregnant (high risk) and could not help with the carrying. My husband actually took the luggage cart down the stairs and it was HEAVY--I don't recommend that. When we checked out we just carried everything by hand. What a pain ! Even the maids had to use 2 carts..one at the top of the stairs and one at the bottom and move all their stuff between the 2 carts. There were ramps to the main building of the hotel....I don't know why they could not build a ramp down to the efficiency rooms building ! Crazy. I don't know what a person in a wheelchair would have done.

The hallways are a concrete stucco type material with dark reddish carpet. Very dank , dark, and scary looking--at least the building we were in (small building to the right if looking from the beach). I did not see security cameras in the parking garage. There was no security present on the premises that I saw. It reminded me of a prison because of the way the hallways were.

When we got to the room there was ceiling "popcorn" stuff on the floor and bed . The table in the room had the paint chipped off . The carpet was coming loose from the baseboards in a few areas. The kitchenette was very small--but big enough to fix sandwiches and heat small microwave meals. The shower curtain in the bathroom had hairs on the inside of it.

The bathroom was TINY. We did not change clothes in there. The shower head was not adjustable (tilt) and it made it hard to shower my child.

The BEDS were horrible. VERY firm. No bounce at all. Even my little one said "I can't sleep on this log !". We woke up sore every morning from laying on the bed all night.

There is no room service even though there is a resaurant (Martins)on site. We did not eat at the restaurant because it was too pricy.

You are given a bracelet upon check in that you must wear when you are in the pools. Not a big deal , but I never saw anyone checking bracelets. The lazy river was always nice and warm but the other pools were chilly.

The pool staff is not helpful. They do keep things tidy but they do not govern the lazy river or pools at all. There are signs everywhere saying you must use a float on the lazy river but kids use it as a racetrack. They get in and swim under your float, push you out of the way, stand where you will run right over them (can't really steer!), etc. It was not fun b/c of the kids running wild in it. That is mostly the parent's fault but the pool staff would stand right there and let it happen and not say a word. Sheesh. I asked 1 child not to touch me because he kept swimming under me and pushing me through.

There is 1, yes 1, bathroom in the pool area and it is a unisex bathroom. I could not believe that. All those guests and 1 bathroom. It was nasty. Our room was fairly close to the pool but up 2 flights of stairs....a real pain when you have a small child who has to go RIGHT now.

Beach chairs/umbrella are 20$ per day and they are put out at 8 and taken up at 4. We thought 4 was way too early.

The worst experience was one night when we stayed out really late to go to the fireworks at Broadway at the Beach (very nice, btw). We got back in around midnight. There were no parking spaces on the first 4 floors of the parking garage. There is a sign that says "no high top vehicles past 4th floor". We drive a large SUV. We went back down to the front desk and said "there are no parking spaces". The desk clerk looked out and tried to find us a space on the 1st floor. Then he said "well, you are not guaranteed a parking space ". WHAT ?! I am paying 130+ a night and I am not guaranteed a parking space ????? That angered us. Finally we were told to go ahead and go up to the 5th floor, that we should clear the ceiling and be ok. We did find parking on the 6th floor (thank goodness). I can't believe we were not guaranteed parking. I guess we would have been out on the streets.

Upon checkout we were not asked how our stay was. They simply said "ok, have a nice day".

Would we stay here again ??????????? I don't think so. We did enjoy the pool area but we have decided to save up more money and stay somewhere nicer next time. This would be a good place for a family on a budget with lots of kids who don't mind inconveniences that I mentioned above. I guess the things that turned me off the most were parking/stairs to get to the room/and the beds.

12  Thank jmertn
Reviewed June 14, 2005

We've been staying at The Long Bay every summer for at least the past 4 years. We are a family of 4 and we always stay in the 3 bedroom condo. The staff has always been helpful. On some occasions the fire alarm has sounded, the first time is scared the blank out of me. We had just put the children to bed, my husband was convinced it was a false alarm and did'nt want to leave the room, I was not about to take any chances and scooped the kids up and went downstairs to sit by the pool. Sure it was an inconvinence , but also we enjoyed talking to all of the other sleepy guest who did come out of their rooms. The other times it's happened I just wait outside on the breezeway that over looks the parking garage until I feel sure it's just another false alarm. I think it's teenagers pulling pranks! The parking deck is right outside the rooms up until a certain floor, but I'm not sure which floor. I like parking right outside my room. It can get a little noisy, but we really don't mind it. My children always sleep in the bedrooms near the breezeway and they tell me they feel more secure knowing that the're other guest out and about. They aren't scared of "the strange" sounds because they know what they are. Usually things quiet down around midnight. My children are usually so worn out by the fun filled day that they don't wake up and really hear any of the noisy. We're going back in Aug. and can't wait!!!

• Stayed: July 2004
7  Thank Nomad21134
Reviewed June 11, 2005

This place was so bad we didn't even use our last night to sleep in the room we just drove home. The bathroom was filthy there was soap scum build up all over the bath tub. the toilet had urine stains all around it. The (kitchen) sink had black crud all over it. nothing was wiped down or vacuumed, my daughter found a very old bag of pork rinds behind the dresser. The plumbing was very slow. we were promised a non-smoking room when I called the day before to confirmed, however when we got there we were told they don't make those promises! all I can say is save your money and go elsewhere. this place is not worth it.

5  Thank Departure25493