“Loved Long Bay!” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Greensboro, NC
“Loved Long Bay!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 2, 2009

Long Bay resort is such a clean, friendly beautiful ocean front property that our family has enjoyed going to for over 10 years. Each year they seem to upgrade the amenities. The check in and check out process is simple and easy. Our kids always have a a great time in the lazy river. The life guards are located right in front of the property. My wife and I like the access they provide to the smaller pool that is on the adjacent property which is less crowded. We highly recommend this property because it is well kept up.

• Liked — Cleanliness , size of pool, convenience to ocean
  • Disliked — no laundry carts to help load and unload stuff
  • Stayed July 2008, traveled with family
      Business service (e.g., internet access)

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed February 1, 2009

My friend and I have been going to Myrtle Beach for the past six years and always stay at the Long Bay Resort. This past October we stayed in one of the efficiency units on the third floor. The room was clean and had a small kitchen area with a sink, oven, fridge and microwave. There were two queen beds and a table and chairs. The bathroom has a nice large counter and the shower was sufficient. The unit is close to the beach and has a spectacular view of the ocean. The balcony is a good size and has two chairs.

We typically eat lunch onsite at the Oceanview Cafe which is reasonably priced and has a lengthy menu. They also make great smoothies. There is also a restaurant called Martin's and a Starbucks.

There is an indoor and outdoor pool. The indoor pool boasts a lazy river and a couple of hot tubs. The outdoor pool area has plenty of chairs and a hot tub. There is also a kiddie pool/play area which looked to be fun for families with children. It is in a separate area from the other two pools.

Since we usually go down to the beach we always rent an umbrella and chairs that the hotel supplies for a fee. I think it was $20 for the day until four but if you rent it after noon the price goes down to $10. These prices may be different in the summer months.
The resort is in a great location, not far from most of the Myrtle Beach attractions. There are a couple of other restaurants within walking distance from the resort. Also, about a mile walk or minutes in a car is a Food Lion and many more restaurants.

Check-in may be slow at times but the staff has always been friendly and accomodating.

• Liked — The closeness of the unit to the beah
  • Disliked — A bit of a walk from the elevator
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled with friends
Danville, VA24540
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 31, 2009

We celebrate my husband's birthday each October with a trip to Myrtle Beach. We had seen Long Bay on previous trips, but had never stayed there. We decided to call and were astounded at the low rates! Long Bay was absolutely wonderful! The indoor pool was great and the lazy river was so relaxing. We found the staff to be very helpful, and our oceanfront efficiency met all of our expectations. We will return to Long Bay this summer, and back again in October!

• Liked — the lazy river, indoor pool, hot tubs
  • Stayed October 2008, traveled as a couple
Cary, NC
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

We have just returned from spending 4 days at the Long Bay Resort, 7200 Ocean Blvd, Myrtle Beach, SC.. January is a great time to spend a few days in Myrtle Beach because it is not to busy and the temperatures still get up into the high 50's to low 60's most days so it is good for walking on the beach. But if you prefer to walk on the sidewalks they are located in a semi-residential area so their is plenty of safe places to walk. If you like to swim the Long Bay has an indoor kiddy pool, regular pool and a lazy river so it doesn't matter what the temperature is outside. While it was to cold to swim outside I saw that they have a nice outdoor pool with plenty of lounge chairs and a great kiddy pool. One of the things I really like about the Long Bay is the excellent service. Our mini suite was clean and had everything we needed. If you're like me I hate to carry my bags to the elevator and up to my suite. One of the things I really like about the Long Bay is the parking garage which goes up to the 10th floor. You can literally park 50 feet away from your suite so you don't have far to carry you bags. While I'm not a golfer I'm fairly certain that they have some one that can set up tee times and get you good rates. I have already made reservations at the Long Bay for a few days this summer. I think it is a great hotel and has everything a family would want.

• Liked — It has the total package
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple
Trenton NJ
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

Had a wonderful time while at Long Bay. The room was immaculate, the service was excellnt and the food at Martin's Restaurant was supurb. (Especially their breakfast bar) My grandaughter had a wonderful time in the enclosed lazy river. She did not want to leave. Even though we were there during one of their cold spells, we had a great time becuase of all the indoor amenties.

• Liked — It was close to an array of good local restaurants as well as a few chains. It was close to residential area with million dollar homes.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Greensboro
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 30, 2009

When we were looking to go to Myrtle Beach on our family vacation we looked to the local newspaper to find out the best hotels in Myrtle Beach. One hotel that seemed to show up on their rankings year in and year out was Long Bay Resort.

We decided to give Long Bay a try that was 5-6 years ago and many visits later. Long Bay is the best hotel in Myrtle Beach, we have not stayed anywhere else but Long Bay since we found it. The staff at Long Bay is excellent. The rooms are always clean and well cared for. They are constantly updating the rooms or making upgrades to the pool. The last time we were there they had upgraded the TV in the main room to a flat panel. (I guess 35")

The two times we have had a problem in 10-15 visits the staff responded quickly and fixed the problem to our satisfaction. First problem was me messing up the remote to not work and the second was the TV in the bedroom quit working. (Gotta have my TV:)

Long Bay is an excellent hotel for families. They have a great pool facility along with a separate area for a baby/kid pool. We have a young one and it is very nice to have the separate area for him. We do not have to worry about older kids rough housing around him and it is completely gated in limiting his running around.

While I cannot speak to the golf program my co worker has used them several times for his long weekend golf getaway with his friends and has never had a complaint.

I have recommended Long Bay to numerous families some with kids some without. Everyone I have recommended Long Bay to has stayed there more than once.

These message boards are very helpful in someways but can be very biased in others. You do not know who I am and if I have a legitimate complaint or not. My suggestion is to look at the local newspaper, their rankings and which ones are there year in and year out. Long Bay is one of the few.

If you have any questions please feel free to contact me through Trip Advisor. Please know that I do not check email very often and may take some time before I respond but I will respond.

• Liked — Location - Close to all tourist places but far enough away to stay out of trafic and noise.
  • Disliked — Like all hotels in Myrtle Beach pool gets crowded in summer.
  • Stayed November 2008, traveled with family
Central Indiana
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 22, 2009

Have stayed here before, but never in the winter. The prices are too good to be true, with the same excellent service and amenities as in the high season in summer. Nice indoor pool, sauna, hot tub and lazy river plus the outdoor pool is still open for polar bear types. The beach is still cleaned daily and of course, the ocean is still there no matter what month it is, for walking and shelling.

• Liked — Rooms are wonderful and sevice is excellent
  • Disliked — No toaster provided in kitchen, but we just used the oven broiler - No problem
  • Stayed January 2009, traveled as a couple