We knew check in time was at 3pm but our plans had us arriving earlier so we contacted the hotel around 11am the morning of check in to see if we would be able to check in earlier. We were told that we could not. So we delayed our arrival until 2:50pm. Parking for check in is located in the front of their parking garage and parking spaces are tight and few. Be careful as traffic is terrible during check in time and all guests use this entrance to the garage for every floor. I entered the hotel lobby where several other people were milling around. I walked up to the front desk and gave my name and asked to check in. The woman behind the counter took my credit card, charging the balance of my room and gave me several pieces of paper -- a parking pass, a book with local attractions, a certificate for a free package at the concierge, along with rubber bracelets that we were to wear at all times while on the premises. I asked for the room number and key but was told that I would have to come back at 3pm for those. It was 2:55pm by now and I pointed that out but she simply said that I could not get my room assigned or keys distributed prior to 3pm. I walked back to my car to the VERY congested reservation parking area where cars were piling up. My husband went back in at 3:05pm and was told that he could not be checked in because our room was not ready. He waited...with about 50 others in the quickly shrinking lobby area. After striking up conversations with several other guests, some of which traveled by car for over 12 hours, he found that they had all been told the same thing! We had to wait until about 4:45pm before finally receiving a room/keys AFTER my husband flagged down a manager. He noticed that the office staff were calling out names of people whose rooms were ready but who were not in attendance/in the lobby, while those that were there were being told their rooms were not ready. The office staff were blaming the no availability issue on the housekeeping staff. My husband asked the manager why the office staff weren't reassigning the available rooms to those waiting? The manager went to a computer and after some digging started reassigning rooms. We nor any of the other guests were offered any compensation in return for this inconvenience. My husband did bring this issue up during check out and requested a $100 refund, which they did grudgingly grant. Poor training equals poor service, which you'll get in abundance at this hotel!
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, TripOnline SA, Travelocity, Cancelon, Hotwire, Priceline, Hotels.com and getaroom.com so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc