3,357 results
All reviews martin's restaurant lazy river savoy building ocean view cafe longbay resort ocean front golf director ping pong pool area three bedroom bedroom condo golf trip family vacation parking deck the past years several years great resort
Reviewed June 12, 2013

My husband and I recently stayed at the Long Bay Beach Resort the week of May 27th- June 3rd. It was our first time there and after a great week we will probably return.The hotel was clean and the staff friendly and helpful. I have to say the manager Caesar was great. After a mix up in our room reservation, he was able to accomodate us in a beautiful room.It was great having theStarbucks conveniently located in lobby as well as a restaurant. The pools were good and the grounds well kept. Lots of lounges around the pool. I don't know if it was because it was early in the season, or because a new tiki bar was under construction but it would be nice to have poolside music. All in all we were quite pleased with the accomodations and facilties and especially the very helpful manger Caesar.Will come again.

Room tip: Higher rooms away from the parking ramp.
Date of stay: May 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank DWood154990
Cesar C, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 22, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write your comments. I was delighted to hear you had an enjoyable time at our hotel during your stay. We are whole heartedly committed to offering a diverse array of amenities to make our guests truly enjoyable. Should you need any further assistance for future reservations, please do not hesitate to contact us. Cesar C Guest Service Manager.

Reviewed June 10, 2013

I absolutely love this place! The price itself is awesome but what makes it so amazing is the staff!! They are so accommodating to your every need, big or small. The different pools and play area are ideal for families!! The housekeeping kept our room spotless and always fully stocked. Eleanor was always so sweet and accommodating! She truly was the icing on the cake!!!! The golf services are the best on the beach. The gift shop is a great place to find the souvenirs for your loved ones! I can go on and on about the things I love about this resort. Going on a vacation is suppose to be fun and complicated free. This is the resort for you because they do all the work so you can enjoy your stay. I have no complaints and that is always a awesome feeling when returning from a vacation. I will be back!!! I look forward to the resort, beach, staff, and all the kind smiling faces next year!!!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank Jessica O

Thank you for choosing Long Bay Resort. I am happy to hear we were able to accomodate you in every need. We strive to provide you a room that is clean and comfortable, with friendly attentive service at a value conscious price. I am please to be of your service, and hope to see you soon again. Cesar Colon Guest Service Manager

Reviewed June 10, 2013

Our family stayed 4 nights at Long Bay last week. We stayed in an Oceanfront Suite. I would say overall this would probably about the same as a 2 Star Hotel. The staff was friendly. The room quality could really use a renovation, especially the bathroom. We had an issue with our first room, the popcorn ceiling was falling on the beds. We were moved to another room which was fine and glad they made the right decision. If you are just looking for a room and a place to sleep while in Myrtle Beach, this hotel would be fine for you. The price was very reasonable for this time of year. Although we didn't use the facilities that much, the resort did offer a lot to do, especially if you have younger kids. They had a Lazy River, nice pool areas-both covered and outdoor, Hot Tubs, plenty of chairs and other things to do. The beach had a good access to it. One other thing to point out and this was a bit disappointing, the bedroom was at the front of the entry and not on the ocean. I've always love the hotels that have their rooms on the ocean so you can open the doors and hear the ocean. Overall, it wasn't a bad place to stay and would consider staying there in the future.

Room tip: I always recommend Oceanfront.
  • Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank rryman63

Please accept our sincere apologies for the inconvenience you may have experienced in respect to the ceiling in your room. We appreciate your feedback as we always strive for perfection, taken steps to ensure that this will never happen again. I am also glad to hear that we made the right decisions to improve your stay giving us a second chance considering to return in the future. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Our staff is pleased to be of service and eager to serve you again soon. Should you have any further questions or comments regarding this matter, please feel free to contact me. Cesar Colon Guest Service Manager

Reviewed June 5, 2013

After stopping around 4 different places ranging from trash dumps to high dollar resorts we almost missed this jewel. I still have a hard time believing it was so cheap. This was the first time at this Beach but even though it is a long drive I would come back. My son had tons of different pools and play areas. The front staff was outstanding and the restaurant on site was excellent.

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank Keith M
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 8, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are glad that you were able to experience all Long Bay Resort has to offer and were offered one of our many wonderful rates for your stay! I'm happy to hear that you found our front desk staff and Martin's restaurant so accomodating.

The large indoor/outdoor pool area is wonderful and has always been a favorite area for kids visiting us! Hopefully you will be back to visit us this summer when the new Cabana Bar opens on the pool deck!

Kindest Regards,
Jennifer Muldoon
Resort Manager

Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have been going to Long Bay for may years. As with anything it started to show it's age a few years ago. The resort responded with much needed renovations and upgrades to their 3 bedroom units. The granite counter tops, new tile and carpeting and upgraded TVs all make the stay there more enjoyable. The property continues to improve and I am looking forward to seeing and using the Tiki bar that was being built when we were there in April. The pool is one of the nicest on the Grand Strand and the lazy river and kiddie pools provide great spots for families with younger children. Love the fact that there is a Starbucks on site, along with a very nice (little pricey) restaurant, The resort is centrally located and within walking distance (10 minutes or less) to a number of other restaurants.

Their golf services (on the second floor) are outstanding. Whether you are looking for a package or just the occasional round, they are always there to assist.

Room tip: The completely renovated Penthouse,3 bedroom, in the Savoy is the ultimate in accommodations. We stayed in the unit on this last trip and i can honestly say it is well worth the extra money. The master bedroom/loft area provides great ocean-front views and the rest of the unit is spacious and comfortable.
Date of stay: April 2013
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rick B
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took notice of the wonderful upgrades we have completed so far this year! The Savoy 2 Bedroom Penthouses have both gone through major renovations and I couldn’t agree with you more, they are fantastic!!!
The new Cabana Bar located on the pool deck will be open next time you visit and we will work hard until then to keep our lovely pool area looking great for you!

Kindest Regards,