3,280 results
All reviews martin's restaurant savoy building lazy river ocean view cafe longbay resort ocean front golf director pool area three bedroom parking garage bedroom condo golf package family vacation kiddie pools several years great resort the past years
Reviewed June 3, 2013

We have been going to Long Bay for may years. As with anything it started to show it's age a few years ago. The resort responded with much needed renovations and upgrades to their 3 bedroom units. The granite counter tops, new tile and carpeting and upgraded TVs all make the stay there more enjoyable. The property continues to improve and I am looking forward to seeing and using the Tiki bar that was being built when we were there in April. The pool is one of the nicest on the Grand Strand and the lazy river and kiddie pools provide great spots for families with younger children. Love the fact that there is a Starbucks on site, along with a very nice (little pricey) restaurant, The resort is centrally located and within walking distance (10 minutes or less) to a number of other restaurants.

Their golf services (on the second floor) are outstanding. Whether you are looking for a package or just the occasional round, they are always there to assist.

Room Tip: The completely renovated Penthouse,3 bedroom, in the Savoy is the ultimate in accommodations. We stayed in the unit on this last trip and i can honestly say it is well worth the extra money. The master bedroom/loft area provides great ocean-front views and the rest of the unit is spacious and comfortable.
  • Stayed: April 2013, traveled as a couple
4  Thank Rick B
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 4, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are so happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took notice of the wonderful upgrades we have completed so far this year! The Savoy 2 Bedroom Penthouses have both gone through major renovations and I couldn’t agree with you more, they are fantastic!!!
The new Cabana Bar located on the pool deck will be open next time you visit and we will work hard until then to keep our lovely pool area looking great for you!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great for traveling with children multiple pools and a lazy river. Starbucks and restaurant inside hotel. Rooms do need a little updating you can tell the age of the resort. Restaurant has decent food for the price but if your not into it Starbucks is always consistent. Resort has a nice gift shop with friendly staff and adequate pricing due to the convenience of not having to get in the car to go and get things you need for your stay.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 31, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all Long Bay has to offer! We are currently upgrading many items in the units including sofas, upholstered chairs, new dressing mirrors, light fixtures and artwork. Our homeowners are very gracious in working with us to constantly improve the appearence of their units. Of course, we are always open to suggestions on ways to improve from our loyal guests!

We are glad you enjoyed the ease of having an on-site gift shop and that the staff was friendly! Karen does a fantastic job welcoming our guests! We hope that you will be back to visit us soon!

Reviewed May 30, 2013

Loved it, the last 2 times we have been to Myrtle we stayed there you have everything. Starbucks, A restaurant, lounge ,fitness room,a snack bar. My grandsons loved the lazy river and the midday 80's musician all there you don't have to go anywhere else to just relax isn't that what a vacation is really about!

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay! Having all the amenities you've listed right at your fingertips is such a wonderful thing while on vacation! We hope that you and your grandsons will come back and visit us soon!

Reviewed May 25, 2013

My family has made a tradition of going to Longbay the week after school is over for the past 10 years. Unfortunately, the last two years has declined so much that we will never visit this property again. We usually take two vacations in N. Myrtle Beach per year and this is the one we look forward to. I am saddened to see the property fall in to this amount of disrepair and apathy so quickly. I called to the front desk to voice my concerns about the bikers causing noise on the upper deck parking garage only to find my complaints dismissed. Unfortunately my family could not get a good night's rest for several days because of the noise. I will be moving my family to a more reputable hotel. As an example...As I tried to get in to the garage at 7:00 PM on 5/25, the large African American security officer held up traffic as he admired someone's motorcycle, leaving me in on-coming traffic. This is a great dive-house but a terrible hotel. DON"T stay unless it is your last resort. Even then, come armed. As a matter of fact, my wife and daughter went to the pool after dark and I feared for their safety so much I only left them out of my sight for 15 minutes.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank jacoleman870
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

I am sorry to hear that you did not have your typical great vacation with us here at Long Bay as you have for the past 10 years. As you know, Myrtle Beach Bike Weeks are a very busy time for us here at the beach. The amount of tourists visiting us during that time can seem overwhelming and make any resort on the beach seem noisy or even overcrowded. I can assure you that during any peak occupancy times, management here at Long Bay employs additional staff around the clock as the comfort, happiness and safety of our guests is always our top priority.
We also do not allow motorcycles inside the parking garage during bike week in an effort to eliminate any uneccessary noise throughout the resort. Instead we offer our bikers a safe, seperate parking deck across the street to use at their convenience. I apologize if there were guests on the 10th floor of our parking deck making noise, but can assure you that we take noise complaints quite seriously and you are always welcome to contact a manager if you feel we are falling short of your expectations.
Our security guards were required to stop all motorcycles coming into the garage and redirect them to the designated parking garage across the street. I apologize if this held up traffic entering the resort as he temporarily informed that guest. The security guard that was working the parking garage is a well respected member of our staff. We also have pool attendants along with management on the pool deck throughout the day and evening hours and can assure you that our pool deck remains the safe, family friendly enviroment it has always been.
Our mission has always been to treat every guest with the same courtesy and respect as the next. We want every person to leave our hotel feeling relaxed, welcomed and satisfied with our services here. I can't express how saddened I am to hear that you did not share that same experience as you have had for many years now. If there is anything you would like to discuss with me further, please do not hesistate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was my first time visiting Myrtle Beach and this resort. The stay was awful, first they couldn't find our reservations when they did they tried to charge us 100.00 fee well guess what I did not pay it because I wasn't told about it when I booked the trip. This resort was so old the rooms smelled like mold and the housekeeping staff did not clean the rooms on a daily basis. Would never stay here again!!!

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank tawanna c
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 28, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

I’m sorry to hear that you did not share the same wonderful experience that keeps our guests coming back time after time! I understand there was some trouble locating your reservation, was it in a different name or for arrival on a different date? Sometimes things of that nature can deter the front desk agents from easily pulling up your reservation.

We do collect a security deposit upon check-in in the form of a $50.00 pre-authorization on a credit or debit card or a $100.00 cash deposit that is returned upon check out. This has been our company policy and is told to guests making reservations directly with our company. It is also listed on confirmations from all of our affiliated third parties such as Expedia and Orbitz.

Housekeeping service is provided daily and I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your service expectations. There is always a smiling face at the front desk to assist you in any way we can to ensure that you have a wonderful experience. Please don’t hesitate to contact us immediately should we fall short of those expectations.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.