“Pleasant stay” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #37 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Surfside Beach, South Carolina
“Pleasant stay”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Great for traveling with children multiple pools and a lazy river. Starbucks and restaurant inside hotel. Rooms do need a little updating you can tell the age of the resort. Restaurant has decent food for the price but if your not into it Starbucks is always consistent. Resort has a nice gift shop with friendly staff and adequate pricing due to the convenience of not having to get in the car to go and get things you need for your stay.

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 31, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate you taking the time to share your experience on TripAdvisor and are pleased to hear that you enjoyed all Long Bay has to offer! We are currently upgrading many items in the units including sofas, upholstered chairs, new dressing mirrors, light fixtures and artwork. Our homeowners are very gracious in working with us to constantly improve the appearence of their units. Of course, we are always open to suggestions on ways to improve from our loyal guests!

We are glad you enjoyed the ease of having an on-site gift shop and that the staff was friendly! Karen does a fantastic job welcoming our guests! We hope that you will be back to visit us soon!

Resort Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (536)
Lenoir, North Carolina, United States
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 30, 2013

Loved it, the last 2 times we have been to Myrtle we stayed there you have everything. Starbucks, A restaurant, lounge ,fitness room,a snack bar. My grandsons loved the lazy river and the midday 80's musician all there you don't have to go anywhere else to just relax isn't that what a vacation is really about!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are glad to hear that you had such an enjoyable stay! Having all the amenities you've listed right at your fingertips is such a wonderful thing while on vacation! We hope that you and your grandsons will come back and visit us soon!

West Knoxville, Tennessee, United States
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 25, 2013

My family has made a tradition of going to Longbay the week after school is over for the past 10 years. Unfortunately, the last two years has declined so much that we will never visit this property again. We usually take two vacations in N. Myrtle Beach per year and this is the one we look forward to. I am saddened to see the property fall in to this amount of disrepair and apathy so quickly. I called to the front desk to voice my concerns about the bikers causing noise on the upper deck parking garage only to find my complaints dismissed. Unfortunately my family could not get a good night's rest for several days because of the noise. I will be moving my family to a more reputable hotel. As an example...As I tried to get in to the garage at 7:00 PM on 5/25, the large African American security officer held up traffic as he admired someone's motorcycle, leaving me in on-coming traffic. This is a great dive-house but a terrible hotel. DON"T stay unless it is your last resort. Even then, come armed. As a matter of fact, my wife and daughter went to the pool after dark and I feared for their safety so much I only left them out of my sight for 15 minutes.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
4 Thank jacoleman870
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, June 1, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

I am sorry to hear that you did not have your typical great vacation with us here at Long Bay as you have for the past 10 years. As you know, Myrtle Beach Bike Weeks are a very busy time for us here at the beach. The amount of tourists visiting us during that time can seem overwhelming and make any resort on the beach seem noisy or even overcrowded. I can assure you that during any peak occupancy times, management here at Long Bay employs additional staff around the clock as the comfort, happiness and safety of our guests is always our top priority.
We also do not allow motorcycles inside the parking garage during bike week in an effort to eliminate any uneccessary noise throughout the resort. Instead we offer our bikers a safe, seperate parking deck across the street to use at their convenience. I apologize if there were guests on the 10th floor of our parking deck making noise, but can assure you that we take noise complaints quite seriously and you are always welcome to contact a manager if you feel we are falling short of your expectations.
Our security guards were required to stop all motorcycles coming into the garage and redirect them to the designated parking garage across the street. I apologize if this held up traffic entering the resort as he temporarily informed that guest. The security guard that was working the parking garage is a well respected member of our staff. We also have pool attendants along with management on the pool deck throughout the day and evening hours and can assure you that our pool deck remains the safe, family friendly enviroment it has always been.
Our mission has always been to treat every guest with the same courtesy and respect as the next. We want every person to leave our hotel feeling relaxed, welcomed and satisfied with our services here. I can't express how saddened I am to hear that you did not share that same experience as you have had for many years now. If there is anything you would like to discuss with me further, please do not hesistate to contact me directly.

Fort Wayne, Indiana
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 24, 2013

This was my first time visiting Myrtle Beach and this resort. The stay was awful, first they couldn't find our reservations when they did they tried to charge us 100.00 fee well guess what I did not pay it because I wasn't told about it when I booked the trip. This resort was so old the rooms smelled like mold and the housekeeping staff did not clean the rooms on a daily basis. Would never stay here again!!!

2 Thank tawanna c
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 28, 2013
Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

I’m sorry to hear that you did not share the same wonderful experience that keeps our guests coming back time after time! I understand there was some trouble locating your reservation, was it in a different name or for arrival on a different date? Sometimes things of that nature can deter the front desk agents from easily pulling up your reservation.

We do collect a security deposit upon check-in in the form of a $50.00 pre-authorization on a credit or debit card or a $100.00 cash deposit that is returned upon check out. This has been our company policy and is told to guests making reservations directly with our company. It is also listed on confirmations from all of our affiliated third parties such as Expedia and Orbitz.

Housekeeping service is provided daily and I am sorry to hear that we fell short of your service expectations. There is always a smiling face at the front desk to assist you in any way we can to ensure that you have a wonderful experience. Please don’t hesitate to contact us immediately should we fall short of those expectations.

If there is anything you would like to discuss further, please don’t hesitate to contact me directly.

East Aurora, New York
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here from May 11th - 18th 2013. First time here after being referred by a friend. Stayed in a Ocean Front Condo and was great. Staff when we checked in was very helpful and first class. Stayed on the 15th Floor and Room was very nice. Kids loved the pools, hot tubs, lazy river and especially the ocean. Very clean resort and much to do in the area. Looking forward to return soon for our next trip

Room Tip: Ocean Front Condo
2 Thank TimothyKrawczyk
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this review, May 20, 2013
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate your friend referring Long Bay Resort and want to thank you for choosing us for your recent family vacation! I'm glad to hear
that you and your family enjoyed the typical A+ service our staff strives to provide to every guest during their visit. If you haven't already
been added to our email list, it is a great way for our new and return guests to be the first notified when we put out fantastic specials throughout
the year! We look forward to many more vacations with you and your family!
See you soon!

Bay City, Michigan
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am posting this from Savoy Building room 501 -- what happened to good housekeeping and a front desk that really cares?

We checked in on Friday, May 17th -- given this condo with a quick check in and no issues.

However, housekeeping seems to be a BIG issue! There is a thick layer of dust covering the bureaus and tvs in each of the 3 bedrooms, a dirty fridge, sticky stove, and fingerprints over the sliding glass doors/windows. I stayed in this same condo two years ago and it has completely gone downhill since then. Dirty walls, scuffed and gouged furniture, the cabinet doors don't hang straight or close correctly, etc.

On the beds, where notes stating that there is now limited housekeeping at this resort - first time I've seen that notice - only remaking of beds, taking out the trash and vacuuming done daily. Well, there has been a dead cockroach (aka Palmetto bug) in the same spot on the floor since we checked in -- it's in a high traffic area, so apparently our room hasn't been vacuumed daily...and I doubt at all! We've seen the housekeeping people and haven't seen them with a vacuum on their carts.

The ice maker in the freezer isn't working at all and for some unknown reason, there STILL isn't an ice maker in the Savoy building, so we've had to schlep ice buckets from the main building the entire stay. I made a call the first day, went down to the front desk twice in the next 2 days and have been "reassured" by each person at the front desk, they'll notify maintenance to have it repaired. We still have no ice.

Another iissue was in the Savoy parking lot -- we checked in and left a few hours later to attend a concert. When we returned at 1:30am, there was a red Suburban with Indiana plates and no parking pass parked in our assigned parking spot - with no open visitor parking spaces (there are 4 at this building), we returned to the main building lobby to ask where we should park. We were allowed to stay in the registration parking. Front desk said they would send security around to have the offenders move. I did see a security guard looking at the vehicle, but that was about all the help we got. The red Suburban remained in our assigned parking spot for 3 days -- each day, sometimes twice a day - we asked at the front desk about what was being done. I was told we could park in the metered parking lot beside the hotel, as long as we moved the car before 9am so we wouldn't be towed or charged -- umm, move where? There still is a big red vehicle in my parking spot! The 2nd day I was told they couldn't trace the vehicle because it wasn't registered at the hotel and didn't have a pass...and we finally gave up and started parking elsewhere. On our 3rd day here, they finally left.

These might seem like petty issues, but when we save all year for a nice week vacation at the beach, it shouldn't be issues like these that we have to deal with. Just disappointing the way this place has continued to go downhill. I haven't found anyone that cares to help this guest and get results!

Upsides: It's oceanfront, that's why we request the Savoy building; the pool area is really clean and monitored this year (2nd year we've had to wear the wristbands and saw security at the pool); there is some sort of tiki bar going in - will be nice to have the sawing and banging finished.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
8 Thank micountrygal
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

I am saddened to hear about your experience with us and can understand why you would be dissapointed given your review.
We are constantly training housekeeping because as any good resort will tell you, training in this industry never ends! We always
find ways to improve what we do and help share that with the staff. It is my job along with the management team here at Long Bay,
to seek out our shortcomings and find a way to turn them around to provide the best level of service for our guests. I am sorry to
hear that we fell short of that expectation in housekeeping and will work with our housekeeping department to ensure we correct the
issues.
The Savoy building does have a smaller parking lot underneath it with assigned parking for each unit. I was made aware of the vehicle
parked in your assigned unit's spot and immediately left a message for that guest to please relocate their vehicle to their assigned spot
or to the main parking garage. I know that our evening manager Jennifer E. also spoke with you at the front desk and offered to let you
park in unit 401 or 403's parking spot as those units were unoccupied at the time until we could locate the guest to move their vehicle,
to which you respectfully accepted. We did not want to tow the other guest before giving them the chance to relocate their vehicle, but I
do apologize if it was a temporary incovenience. I can assure you that our goal here is to make as little work for our guests as possible!
We understand that a vacation is a time for family & loved ones to get together, relax and enjoy life! I don't feel as though these are petty
issues because we all vacation too and can relate. I would like to speak with you in more detail regarding your stay and if I can be of
any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.
Lexington, Kentucky
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach several times over the past few years and each time has been a great experience. The Staff is usually friendly, housekeeping is fast and efficient, the amenities are great for families or even couples, and the beachfront is the best in Myrtle Beach. Long Bay features an on-site Bar & Grill with great food at decent prices, a full-service restaurant and a Starbucks. Beach is never too crowded nor is the pool or hot tub(s) area. Long Bay has several hot tubs so you usually don't have to worry about one being open. Also Long Bay is located on the northern end of Myrtle Beach which is the more quieter/family side of Myrtle Beach. The location is great. Just a short drive to restaurants, shopping and more. Maintenance was great during my last stay. In all of my years staying at Long Bay my last trip was the only time I have ever has any issues. When we first got into our room the AC in the living room did not work. We called the front desk and in just a few minutes someone was there to replace it.

Long Bay is a great place to stay! You wont regret it!

Room Tip: Lower floors may be more prone to noise as they are closer to the pool and bar area but not too bad...
  • Stayed May 2013, traveled with friends
2 Thank Chris C
Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate your wonderful recommendation of our property! Our staff has a great time at work everyday interacting with
our guests and really enjoys what they do! Martin and his team do a fantastic job at both Oceanview Café and Martin's located in
the lobby. We are all anxiously awaiting the opening of our brand new pool side Cabana Bar opening this summer! It's a
great addition to the outdoor pool area for all of our guests!
I apologize for you AC issue, but am happy to hear that our maintenance staff was able to handle your AC issue efficiently
and in a timely manner.
We look forward to your next visit and hope you are as well!