3,216 results
All reviewsmartin's restaurantsavoy buildinglazy riverocean view cafelongbay resortocean frontgolf directorpool areathree bedroomparking garagebedroom condogolf packagefamily vacationkiddie poolsseveral yearsgreat resortthe past years
Reviewed May 20, 2013

Stayed here from May 11th - 18th 2013. First time here after being referred by a friend. Stayed in a Ocean Front Condo and was great. Staff when we checked in was very helpful and first class. Stayed on the 15th Floor and Room was very nice. Kids loved the pools, hot tubs, lazy river and especially the ocean. Very clean resort and much to do in the area. Looking forward to return soon for our next trip

Room Tip: Ocean Front Condo
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
2  Thank TimothyKrawczyk
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate your friend referring Long Bay Resort and want to thank you for choosing us for your recent family vacation! I'm glad to hear
that you and your family enjoyed the typical A+ service our staff strives to provide to every guest during their visit. If you haven't already
been added to our email list, it is a great way for our new and return guests to be the first notified when we put out fantastic specials throughout
the year! We look forward to many more vacations with you and your family!
See you soon!

Reviewed May 20, 2013

I am posting this from Savoy Building room 501 -- what happened to good housekeeping and a front desk that really cares?

We checked in on Friday, May 17th -- given this condo with a quick check in and no issues.

However, housekeeping seems to be a BIG issue! There is a thick layer of dust covering the bureaus and tvs in each of the 3 bedrooms, a dirty fridge, sticky stove, and fingerprints over the sliding glass doors/windows. I stayed in this same condo two years ago and it has completely gone downhill since then. Dirty walls, scuffed and gouged furniture, the cabinet doors don't hang straight or close correctly, etc.

On the beds, where notes stating that there is now limited housekeeping at this resort - first time I've seen that notice - only remaking of beds, taking out the trash and vacuuming done daily. Well, there has been a dead cockroach (aka Palmetto bug) in the same spot on the floor since we checked in -- it's in a high traffic area, so apparently our room hasn't been vacuumed daily...and I doubt at all! We've seen the housekeeping people and haven't seen them with a vacuum on their carts.

The ice maker in the freezer isn't working at all and for some unknown reason, there STILL isn't an ice maker in the Savoy building, so we've had to schlep ice buckets from the main building the entire stay. I made a call the first day, went down to the front desk twice in the next 2 days and have been "reassured" by each person at the front desk, they'll notify maintenance to have it repaired. We still have no ice.

Another iissue was in the Savoy parking lot -- we checked in and left a few hours later to attend a concert. When we returned at 1:30am, there was a red Suburban with Indiana plates and no parking pass parked in our assigned parking spot - with no open visitor parking spaces (there are 4 at this building), we returned to the main building lobby to ask where we should park. We were allowed to stay in the registration parking. Front desk said they would send security around to have the offenders move. I did see a security guard looking at the vehicle, but that was about all the help we got. The red Suburban remained in our assigned parking spot for 3 days -- each day, sometimes twice a day - we asked at the front desk about what was being done. I was told we could park in the metered parking lot beside the hotel, as long as we moved the car before 9am so we wouldn't be towed or charged -- umm, move where? There still is a big red vehicle in my parking spot! The 2nd day I was told they couldn't trace the vehicle because it wasn't registered at the hotel and didn't have a pass...and we finally gave up and started parking elsewhere. On our 3rd day here, they finally left.

These might seem like petty issues, but when we save all year for a nice week vacation at the beach, it shouldn't be issues like these that we have to deal with. Just disappointing the way this place has continued to go downhill. I haven't found anyone that cares to help this guest and get results!

Upsides: It's oceanfront, that's why we request the Savoy building; the pool area is really clean and monitored this year (2nd year we've had to wear the wristbands and saw security at the pool); there is some sort of tiki bar going in - will be nice to have the sawing and banging finished.

8  Thank micountrygal

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

I am saddened to hear about your experience with us and can understand why you would be dissapointed given your review.
We are constantly training housekeeping because as any good resort will tell you, training in this industry never ends! We always
find ways to improve what we do and help share that with the staff. It is my job along with the management team here at Long Bay,
to seek out our shortcomings and find a way to turn them around to provide the best level of service for our guests. I am sorry to
hear that we fell short of that expectation in housekeeping and will work with our housekeeping department to ensure we correct the
issues.
The Savoy building does have a smaller parking lot underneath it with assigned parking for each unit. I was made aware of the vehicle
parked in your assigned unit's spot and immediately left a message for that guest to please relocate their vehicle to their assigned spot
or to the main parking garage. I know that our evening manager Jennifer E. also spoke with you at the front desk and offered to let you
park in unit 401 or 403's parking spot as those units were unoccupied at the time until we could locate the guest to move their vehicle,
to which you respectfully accepted. We did not want to tow the other guest before giving them the chance to relocate their vehicle, but I
do apologize if it was a temporary incovenience. I can assure you that our goal here is to make as little work for our guests as possible!
We understand that a vacation is a time for family & loved ones to get together, relax and enjoy life! I don't feel as though these are petty
issues because we all vacation too and can relate. I would like to speak with you in more detail regarding your stay and if I can be of
any further assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 17, 2013

I have stayed at the Long Bay Resort in Myrtle Beach several times over the past few years and each time has been a great experience. The Staff is usually friendly, housekeeping is fast and efficient, the amenities are great for families or even couples, and the beachfront is the best in Myrtle Beach. Long Bay features an on-site Bar & Grill with great food at decent prices, a full-service restaurant and a Starbucks. Beach is never too crowded nor is the pool or hot tub(s) area. Long Bay has several hot tubs so you usually don't have to worry about one being open. Also Long Bay is located on the northern end of Myrtle Beach which is the more quieter/family side of Myrtle Beach. The location is great. Just a short drive to restaurants, shopping and more. Maintenance was great during my last stay. In all of my years staying at Long Bay my last trip was the only time I have ever has any issues. When we first got into our room the AC in the living room did not work. We called the front desk and in just a few minutes someone was there to replace it.

Long Bay is a great place to stay! You wont regret it!

Room Tip: Lower floors may be more prone to noise as they are closer to the pool and bar area but not too bad. Bar & Grill is located on the 2nd floor but it's enclosed. Pool area usually winds down around 10pm.
2  Thank Chris C

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We appreciate your wonderful recommendation of our property! Our staff has a great time at work everyday interacting with
our guests and really enjoys what they do! Martin and his team do a fantastic job at both Oceanview Café and Martin's located in
the lobby. We are all anxiously awaiting the opening of our brand new pool side Cabana Bar opening this summer! It's a
great addition to the outdoor pool area for all of our guests!
I apologize for you AC issue, but am happy to hear that our maintenance staff was able to handle your AC issue efficiently
and in a timely manner.
We look forward to your next visit and hope you are as well!

Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were there May 10-13, 2013. We have been going to the Long Bay for more than a dozen years and always had a great time. They advertise as being a family oriented resort. They have been true to their word until this year.

The resort had at least 100 college students who were on a weekend drinking party. They were out yelling and screaming until 5 in the morning. We saw one who was so drunk at 1:00 pm that he could not walk and had to be helped back to his room by three of his friends. They left the beach area totally trashed with towels, cups and beer cans. There were groups of them throwing items off of their upper level balconies while families with young children were on the ground below.

And all of this is going on during Mother's day weekend.

I will also have to say the rooms are in need of an upgrade. Doors were coming off the kitchen cabinets, carpeting was torn on the edges, wallpaper was curling on the seams, sliding doors were difficult to open.

I will certainly have to reconsider before returning next year to a place I once loved to visit.

5  Thank clay b

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

Please let me begin by apologizing for any noise issues caused by other guests during your stay.The college students that were
also visiting Long Bay during your vacation were all of our required age to check in and all booked individually online, which
made the large amount of them impossible to detect through our reservation system prior to check in. We did however immediately
place additional staff on during their stay to ensure our quiet hours and resort policies were being followed. I myself worked
overnight on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday patrolling hallways and common areas along with security and had little to no issues.
Any guest found being disruptive or disorderly was asked to leave property immediately and find other accomodations.
We take the comfort of our guests and reputation of our resort very seriously. Long Bay has been a great escape for families
for years here in Myrtle Beach as you know being a guest of ours for over a dozen years! We are also currently working with our
homeowners on upgrades to be completed during the upcoming off season. This past year the homeowners have all upgraded to new
cabinets, granite countertops and in some units types we have replaced upholstered chairs, sofas, artwork and mirrors.
We hope that you will reconsider returning to Long Bay Resort so that we may have the opportunity to better serve you during
your next visit. Our goal is to provide a memorable vacation experience for every guest that walks through our front door.
If there is anything I can be of any assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I am always available for
our guests!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Long Bay Resort this past weekend...we enjoyed our stay, however, I feel Long Bay Resort is better suited for families with children. We stayed in a resort view efficiency suite, and it was nice. There was plenty of room and it was very clean. My favorite part of the resort was the on-site Starbucks! We grabbed our coffee and hit the beach both mornings. The resort is located right on the beach...which is a huge plus! And the pool area was very nice, with plenty of seating. I can see us staying here again in the future, but not until we have children of our own.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us! Although many families are attracted to Long Bay Resort because of our wonderful amenities, because of our proximity to wonderful area golf courses and Broadway at the Beach nightlife we have many repeat golfers and vacationers as well!
Having the onsite Starbucks is such a great amenity, both for guests and staff. We couldn’t live without it either!
We look forward to having you both as our guests in the future!