3,217 results
All reviewsmartin's restaurantsavoy buildinglazy riverocean view cafelongbay resortocean frontgolf directorpool areathree bedroomparking garagebedroom condogolf packagefamily vacationkiddie poolsseveral yearsgreat resortthe past years
Reviewed May 15, 2013

We were there May 10-13, 2013. We have been going to the Long Bay for more than a dozen years and always had a great time. They advertise as being a family oriented resort. They have been true to their word until this year.

The resort had at least 100 college students who were on a weekend drinking party. They were out yelling and screaming until 5 in the morning. We saw one who was so drunk at 1:00 pm that he could not walk and had to be helped back to his room by three of his friends. They left the beach area totally trashed with towels, cups and beer cans. There were groups of them throwing items off of their upper level balconies while families with young children were on the ground below.

And all of this is going on during Mother's day weekend.

I will also have to say the rooms are in need of an upgrade. Doors were coming off the kitchen cabinets, carpeting was torn on the edges, wallpaper was curling on the seams, sliding doors were difficult to open.

I will certainly have to reconsider before returning next year to a place I once loved to visit.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with friends
5  Thank clay b
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

Please let me begin by apologizing for any noise issues caused by other guests during your stay.The college students that were
also visiting Long Bay during your vacation were all of our required age to check in and all booked individually online, which
made the large amount of them impossible to detect through our reservation system prior to check in. We did however immediately
place additional staff on during their stay to ensure our quiet hours and resort policies were being followed. I myself worked
overnight on Sunday, Monday and Tuesday patrolling hallways and common areas along with security and had little to no issues.
Any guest found being disruptive or disorderly was asked to leave property immediately and find other accomodations.
We take the comfort of our guests and reputation of our resort very seriously. Long Bay has been a great escape for families
for years here in Myrtle Beach as you know being a guest of ours for over a dozen years! We are also currently working with our
homeowners on upgrades to be completed during the upcoming off season. This past year the homeowners have all upgraded to new
cabinets, granite countertops and in some units types we have replaced upholstered chairs, sofas, artwork and mirrors.
We hope that you will reconsider returning to Long Bay Resort so that we may have the opportunity to better serve you during
your next visit. Our goal is to provide a memorable vacation experience for every guest that walks through our front door.
If there is anything I can be of any assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. I am always available for
our guests!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

My husband and I stayed at the Long Bay Resort this past weekend...we enjoyed our stay, however, I feel Long Bay Resort is better suited for families with children. We stayed in a resort view efficiency suite, and it was nice. There was plenty of room and it was very clean. My favorite part of the resort was the on-site Starbucks! We grabbed our coffee and hit the beach both mornings. The resort is located right on the beach...which is a huge plus! And the pool area was very nice, with plenty of seating. I can see us staying here again in the future, but not until we have children of our own.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are glad to hear that you and your husband enjoyed your recent stay with us! Although many families are attracted to Long Bay Resort because of our wonderful amenities, because of our proximity to wonderful area golf courses and Broadway at the Beach nightlife we have many repeat golfers and vacationers as well!
Having the onsite Starbucks is such a great amenity, both for guests and staff. We couldn’t live without it either!
We look forward to having you both as our guests in the future!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have been going to Long Bay Resort for at least 2 years now and about 2 to 3 times per year. We have never had any issues. We checked in on Friday night and I could tell the lady at the front desk, Jamie, had her hands full with someone on the phone. I could tell she was very experienced and handled herself very well. She accomodated the individual on the phone and then started takeing care of me without missing a beat. We laughed a little and I joked around a little about upgrades. Well, I completely misunderstood what she had said about the rooms we had been given. The misunderstanding was completely my fault, but she still went out of her way to ensure we were happy and moved us to a different room without any additional charges. Jamie was awesome! The lazy river, pool, on-site restaurant etc. I can not think of any negatives for this resort. We will return and I recommend this location to everyone.
Thanks Jamie!!!

Room Tip: The condos seem to be reasonably priced and provide lots of room. We will try that next time we go.
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank FamilyFunS

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are so happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed another wonderful vacation with us here at Long Bay Resort! Jamie is a fantastic member of our front desk staff that loves what she does and it’s nice to see it shows!

We hope to see you and your family back here in the near future!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at Long Bay for our first ever family vacation and unfortunately I wish I would have researched a little harder. After a 14 hour drive the check in process took about 15-20 minutes which seemed like an eternity with a 3 month old baby and 4 year old. The hallways were dark and unclean and room service showed up in the middle of the afternoon and simply just made our beds! Our first night also consisted of killing a giant cockroach!! I was told they were common and not to worry, but it gave me the creeps for the rest of our stay. The decor was extremely outdated and the bedding had stains. If I didn't already pay in advance to stay through Travelzoo I would have went to another resort. The pool area was great for my little guy and the beach location was great but other than that I was happy to come home!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CdnGrl86

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review!

I’m saddened to hear about your first experience with us here at Long Bay Resort. I apologize for the extended wait at check in. May really kicks off our summer season here in Myrtle Beach and unfortunately with the sun and warm weather also comes lines at local resorts, restaurants and attractions in the area. We try to expedite the check in process to accommodate our guests as quickly as possible so that they can begin enjoying their vacation!
Our housekeeping staff is trained to provide a service daily to include vacuuming, making of the beds, cleaning the bathrooms and living areas and refreshing towels. I apologize that we fell short of this expectation, but will address it with our Director of Housekeeping. We have also recently upgraded many items in all of our unit types on property. In your unit type our homeowners just upgraded their artwork, added a new dressing mirror, a brand new upholstered chair as well as a coat of fresh paint.
Although I am happy to hear your little guy enjoyed our wonderful pool area, I wish you would have had the same Long Bay experience that keeps so many of our guests coming back year after year!
If there is anything else I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is my second review of this property, but my 5th stay and it was as fus as ever. During our stay the weather was a little cool but we still manage to enjoy the pools, hot tubs and ocean, my only complaint was that a few of the hot tubs were out of order the first day, they did try working on them and the issue was resolved the next day. We had a Savoy 3 bedroom condo #401 and it was really nice, we requested #301 but it was taken, oh well our condo was just as nice, very clean and well kept. We always stay in the Savoy building, it the only way to go if you ask me, I also love the cafe and this time I had the most amazing steak sub for lunch while waiting on my family to arrive and just enjoying the view from up there was just so relaxing. You can't go wrong with Long Bay Resort we have always enjoyed our stay and will continue to come back year after year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank M0uche
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your 5th stay with us here! The Savoy building is a fan favorite of many of our guests because of the three P’s; proximity to the ocean, privacy and private parking spaces! Even though the spa were down the first day, it’s nice to know that the Oceanview Café’s amazing steak and cheese sub hit the spot until maintenance got the spa’s up and running!
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to visit #6!