$142
Grande Shores Ocean Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$113
$84
Hotels.com
Savings alert! 12% below average rates

The price you found is 12% lower than this hotel's average rate of $95/night.

The Strand a Boutique Resort(Myrtle Beach)
$86
$79
Official Site
Compass Cove Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$77
$71
  • Pool
Paradise Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$94
$87
Official Site
The Breakers Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$77
$71
Official Site
Dayton House Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$90
$79
Official Site
Sea Crest Oceanfront Resort(Myrtle Beach)(Great Value!)
$74
$254
$248
Hotwire.com
3,080 results
All reviewsmartin's restaurantsavoy buildinglazy riverocean view cafelongbay resortocean frontgolf directorping pongpool areathree bedroomparking garagebedroom condogolf packagekiddie poolsfamily vacationseveral yearsgreat resort
Reviewed May 14, 2013

We have been going to Long Bay Resort for at least 2 years now and about 2 to 3 times per year. We have never had any issues. We checked in on Friday night and I could tell the lady at the front desk, Jamie, had her hands full with someone on the phone. I could tell she was very experienced and handled herself very well. She accomodated the individual on the phone and then started takeing care of me without missing a beat. We laughed a little and I joked around a little about upgrades. Well, I completely misunderstood what she had said about the rooms we had been given. The misunderstanding was completely my fault, but she still went out of her way to ensure we were happy and moved us to a different room without any additional charges. Jamie was awesome! The lazy river, pool, on-site restaurant etc. I can not think of any negatives for this resort. We will return and I recommend this location to everyone.
Thanks Jamie!!!

Room Tip: The condos seem to be reasonably priced and provide lots of room. We will try that next time we go.
1  Thank FamilyFunS
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 20, 2013

Thank you for your recent review on TripAdvisor!!

We are so happy to hear that you’ve enjoyed another wonderful vacation with us here at Long Bay Resort! Jamie is a fantastic member of our front desk staff that loves what she does and it’s nice to see it shows!

We hope to see you and your family back here in the near future!

Reviewed May 14, 2013

We stayed at Long Bay for our first ever family vacation and unfortunately I wish I would have researched a little harder. After a 14 hour drive the check in process took about 15-20 minutes which seemed like an eternity with a 3 month old baby and 4 year old. The hallways were dark and unclean and room service showed up in the middle of the afternoon and simply just made our beds! Our first night also consisted of killing a giant cockroach!! I was told they were common and not to worry, but it gave me the creeps for the rest of our stay. The decor was extremely outdated and the bedding had stains. If I didn't already pay in advance to stay through Travelzoo I would have went to another resort. The pool area was great for my little guy and the beach location was great but other than that I was happy to come home!

Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
1  Thank CdnGrl86

Thank you for your TripAdvisor review!

I’m saddened to hear about your first experience with us here at Long Bay Resort. I apologize for the extended wait at check in. May really kicks off our summer season here in Myrtle Beach and unfortunately with the sun and warm weather also comes lines at local resorts, restaurants and attractions in the area. We try to expedite the check in process to accommodate our guests as quickly as possible so that they can begin enjoying their vacation!
Our housekeeping staff is trained to provide a service daily to include vacuuming, making of the beds, cleaning the bathrooms and living areas and refreshing towels. I apologize that we fell short of this expectation, but will address it with our Director of Housekeeping. We have also recently upgraded many items in all of our unit types on property. In your unit type our homeowners just upgraded their artwork, added a new dressing mirror, a brand new upholstered chair as well as a coat of fresh paint.
Although I am happy to hear your little guy enjoyed our wonderful pool area, I wish you would have had the same Long Bay experience that keeps so many of our guests coming back year after year!
If there is anything else I can be of assistance with, please do not hesitate to contact me directly!

Reviewed May 13, 2013

This is my second review of this property, but my 5th stay and it was as fus as ever. During our stay the weather was a little cool but we still manage to enjoy the pools, hot tubs and ocean, my only complaint was that a few of the hot tubs were out of order the first day, they did try working on them and the issue was resolved the next day. We had a Savoy 3 bedroom condo #401 and it was really nice, we requested #301 but it was taken, oh well our condo was just as nice, very clean and well kept. We always stay in the Savoy building, it the only way to go if you ask me, I also love the cafe and this time I had the most amazing steak sub for lunch while waiting on my family to arrive and just enjoying the view from up there was just so relaxing. You can't go wrong with Long Bay Resort we have always enjoyed our stay and will continue to come back year after year.

• Stayed: April 2013, traveled with family
4  Thank M0uche
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

We are glad to hear that you enjoyed your 5th stay with us here! The Savoy building is a fan favorite of many of our guests because of the three P’s; proximity to the ocean, privacy and private parking spaces! Even though the spa were down the first day, it’s nice to know that the Oceanview Café’s amazing steak and cheese sub hit the spot until maintenance got the spa’s up and running!
Thank you for your kind words and we look forward to visit #6!

Reviewed May 12, 2013

The hotel is great if you have kids! The pools are warm and wonderful. The breakfast is delicious! BUT..the service is pretty bad. The front desk people were a bit rude. The rooms do not get cleaned daily. All they do is give you new towels and empty the trash. That was my biggest pet peeve. It's fairly dirty in the hallways. I wish they would just make it nice and clean. I can't stand the fact that the rooms aren't vacuumed at all especially being right on the beach and having tons of sand everywhere. Other than, that, it was really nice, especially for the CHEAP prices!

Room Tip: If you get an "ocean view" room, make sure it's 3rd floor or above so you can actually see over the parking lots and other rooms. Ocean View is NOT the same as Ocean Front!
2  Thank Jenni G
Jennifer M, Guest Relations Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2013

Thank you for your review on TripAdvisor!!

I'm happy to hear that you and your children enjoyed the pool area and Martin's wonderful; buffet breakfast! However, I am saddened to hear that our guest and housekeeping service fell short of your expectations. We pride ourselves in delivering above and beyond customer service to all of our guests. Long Bay should always feel like a "home away from home"!

If you would like to discuss your stay with me in detail, please do not hesitate to contact me directly.

Reviewed May 8, 2013

Jsut came back from Long Bay Resort!!! First visit got agreat deal on Groupon and loved my visit. The staff was nice the room was average but you cant beat the prce we paid. Would visit again just wish the weather would have been warmer. May 4

Room Tip: Has for beach front we ad a view of the parking garage
  • Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family

Thank you for your review on Trip Advisor!!

I’m happy to hear that you were able to take advantage of the great offer Long Bay had with Groupon for your recent stay! We also offer great deals directly with the resort and send out email specials throughout the year for those guests on our mailing list. Please feel free to contact us to be added if you would like to be one of the first to know about our upcoming deals!
We will work on keeping the sun shining in the meantime! Hope to see you all again soon!