We have been going to Longbay Resort for 10 or more years and really liked it. This year for "snowbird" season we got a horrible 3 bedroom condo (#1051.) It had a water leak which soaked some of the carpet, with a bad smell for 11 days; the dryer was vented into itself creating a fire hazard as well as a mess; the master bed had a rail poking out which scraped my leg as well as a loose headboard and noisey springs; the fan in the small bathroom was so noisey it would wake anyone up if used at night; two kitchen appliances had problems and the internet was unbelievably slow which had never happened previously. There were other problems but enough said on that. Some of these problems were fixed over the 11 days we were in that condo unit and almost all employees were wonderful and tried to help in any way they could. However I can't say that about the Resort Manager. And I wonder why they would rent a unit in this condition? Does anyone inspect these units before guests arrive? I guess not if Condo 1051 is an example. However we did move to Condo 1055 and it was wonderful (as it has always been) for the remainder of our stay. But now my husband says he will never go back there. It's too bad because it could be a wonderful place if they maintained it properly. If you go, be very careful which unit you rent and check it out very carefully.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Travelocity, Hotels.com, Priceline, Vacatia, Agoda and Despegar.com so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc