Just returned from Long Bay Resort and another golf trip to Myrtle Beach. This year only had seven of us staying at the Resort and found the accomodations once again just fine. the hotel is ideally located for travel to golf courses up and down the Grand Strand as well as out onto 501. We found there is some extras being included on some of the courses such as the Legends where breakfast and lunch with two beverages was included in the cost of the round. Also World Tour comped the group the last 9 holes of 27 they have there I presume because the course was not in an ideal condition - that was quite nice of them to recognize and do for us. Also had chance to play both the Grande Dunes Members as well as Resort courses which were great. There was also a buy 3 play 4 package available for the Cats group and we found those courses amazing. Also would give recognition to Pawleys Island, Willbrook, Wachesaw East, TPC - all were great and bargains were available. Could go on and on about the golf and do want to point out that I get outstanding support from the golf department at Long Bay Resort and in particular from Barry Fields. Had one problem in the condo that we rented and it was resolved by a call to the front desk resulting in a maintenance man responding within about a half hour and resolving the issue. I also would recommend the hotel for the on site restaurant - Martins. Breakfast is great and we also enjoyed very much a dinner we had there. Great staff there - very friendly and obviously comfortable with the golf groups. If you are a group leader, get to know the owner Martin and his son and ask for a group dinner special - they will work with you and how convenient it is to not travel after dinner. Many times I consider a golf trip to someplace other than Myrtle Beach but coming back year after year to Long bay resort, the great golf, and the food at places like Martins has become as comfortable as being home.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Hotwire, Vacatia, Orbitz, Hotels.com, Cancelon, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc