What a dump. Don't believe the great reviews. Dirty old motel like place. I booked this hotel for 2 days from a deal on travelzoo. I thought it would be nice by looking at all the reviews. What a dissapointment. We upgraded our room to an ocean view and that was a waste. The front desk was nice and prompt. Once we came up to our room I was extremenly disappointed upon opening the door. The carpet is so old and dirty looking with stains. The comforters and curtains are so old looking. The rooms are small and we had no towels. Housekeeping left their cleaning buckets in the room. There was a musty smell. I would never walk barefoot on this floor for fear of infections. People walk around the entire resort barefoot and then walk on the room carpet. Nasty. The pools were packed with people and hardly anywhere to sit and the same for the beach. The noise was horrible as our room entrance was literally a few steps away from the parking garage. You hear people walking around all the time and cars coming and going. The restaurant here looks kind of dirty and outdated. I called around for another hotel but only stated here because I could not get a refund or else I would have ran for the hills. Bathroom is tiny and not cleaned all the way. Not trying to be racist but this place was so hill billy. I will never return to this dump. Stay away and go to spring maid where the rooms were newly remodeled and CLEAN.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Booking.com, Expedia, Travelocity, Cancelon, TripOnline SA, Hotwire, Hotels.com, Priceline and getaroom.com so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc