I'll admit the price is what attracted me to this resort originally. They have some great prices, especially if you book in advance and take advantage of their specials. The only MB resort I have to compare it to is the Caribbean, which would have been at least $350 more for our 6 day stay in an OF 3bd condo. (we stayed at Caribbean last year) I'd pick Long Bay hands down, especially for the savings.
Pros: loved the location and the Savoy building. We had all the amenities of a big resort, but were in a smaller setting. This meant assigned parking spot, fast elevator service and a small pool just for our buildling. But it was still very convenient to go the main part of the resort and take advantage of all their pools, kids submarine, lazy river, hot tubs, Starbucks, etc. Also, I can't say enough about the cleanliness of this place. We saw employees cleaning the pools and decks consistently throughout the day. There was NEVER any trash laying around. And our room, upon arrival, was also very clean. I'm telling you, the savoy building is a hidden treasure. Our living room had a wrap around balcony and 2 of the walls were glass, which made for the best view I've had at the ocean.
Cons: I can't speak for the main building, but the savoy could use a few updates. Our furniture, kitchen and overall decor of the room was a bit dated. Apparently a lot of the condos are individually owned, but Long Bay still handles the renting of them. But it's up to the owners to update the room. I wish they were rented out individually (by the owner) so we could see in advance what the room looked like. The savoy 3bd condos all have varying decor, so it would be nice to know what you're getting when you book.
Overall we enjoyed our stay and will return again.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Located on the more quiet north end of Myrtle Beach you are just seconds from the heart of attractions and restaurants. Long Bay resort has been a favorite among families and golfers for decades. Enjoy newly renovated accommodations with your choice rooms, suites, efficiencies and condo all with the comforts of home. Check out any of our onsite food and beverage outlets, there’s Martins restaurant, the Seaside Cafe, Starbucks Cafe and our oceanfront Tiki Hut. And let’s not forget about the amenities. No beach vacation is completes without a dip in one of our many water features. There’s our in and outdoor kiddies pool areas with silly submarine and mushroom waterfalls, our heated indoor lazy river, our ocean front outdoor pool deck with pool and Jacuzzi, our indoor pool, a sauna and much more. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with Expedia, Booking.com, Hotwire, Vacatia, Hotels.com, Cancelon, Orbitz, getaroom.com, TripOnline SA and HotelsClick so you can book your Long Bay Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travelers each month to find the perfect hotel for both vacation and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Long Bay Hotel Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resort Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Myrtle Beach
- Long Bay Resorts Myrtle Beach Sc