“Great family resort.”
Review of Long Bay Resort

Long Bay Resort
Ranked #33 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed August 5, 2012

I just returned from a stay at the Long Bay Resort and again we had a great time. I was there with 3
of my grandchildren and they really enjoyed themselves. We have been coming to Myrtle Beach for
about 15 years now and Long Bay never fails us. The 3 bedroom had a new kitchen and table and chairs in it. Every year there is something new in the unit. We love and request the same unit.
I highly recommend staying there.

Room Tip: Higher floors have a better view and less noise.
1  Thank Sue P
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 12, 2012

Thanks for writing a review for us on Trip Advisor!

We sincerely appreciate your loyalty. I'm glad you noticed some of the improvements we've made around the resort. We are constantly looking for ways to update and upgrade the units, so that we may remain competitive. It is our goal to be the number one resort in Myrtle Beach!

Hope to see you again soon!

Guest Services Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (2,651)

Reviewed August 5, 2012

We just got back from our week long vacation at the Long Bay Resort in Myrtle beach. Everything was top notch for this resort. Very helpful and friendly staff, not once did I pass by the front desk and was not greeted with a good morning and or good afternoon. The Martins Restaurant on site was great, a bit pricey we were at around $176.00 without the tip for our family of six, but that's expected with a five star restaurant but in line with others of this type. But no complaints on the food or service. Meals averaged around $13.00-$30.00 pending what you had a taste for. The room we stayed in was the 3 bedroom ocean front condo. Very roomy & great ocean view and got the managers special when we booked and saved us $125.00 ( towards dinner ) so that was great. The trick is as I'm told call to book don't do it on line, and we booked direct with Long Bay Resort. Pools were very clean, cleaned every day actually and the pool deck was power washed as well. Fresh towls pool side were readily available for your use. We would return to this resort well worth the money.

Room Tip: Ocean Side 3 bedroom condo was great for the price.
1  Thank Jeff A

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor.com!

I'm glad to hear you and your family had such a wonderful time! While we do offer last minute promotions, there should be no reason to avoid using the website to book your vacation. Our website, http://www.longbayresort.com, utilizes the same system that our reservations agents are using when booking your stay. It updates real-time with availability and specials. However you feel comfortable reserving your room, please feel free to take advantage of the many ways we have to make your reservation.

Thanks again for staying with us, and we hope to see you again in the future!

Reviewed August 2, 2012

We arrived Tuesday July 22 for a 7 night stay at Long Bay for a sons baseball team. We stayed in the Savoy which we were told was updated and remodeled. So did several other couples stay in the same building and none of us had an updated room. Dingy carpets, old comforters, needless to say we spent four hours the first day having the blinds put back up, the kitchen cabinets back on the hinges, the doors back on their track and the ice machine in the refrigerator repaired. For as much as it cost I am not impressed. We had a first floor three bedroom suit and it was noisy as can be at night. "Ranger Rick" their pool attendant left little to be desired. I've stayed at much nicer and paid a lot less. The pools were cloudy and the kids said the water smelled. Would I stay again? Not there. Even though the Savoy building is seperate and had better elevators -less lines etc... it wouldnt be my first choice.

Room Tip: Dont Stay on the First Floor of the Savoy over looking the private pool at that building. You'l...
2  Thank Ohiowright

Thank you for writing a review on TripAdvisor. I share the information gathered with other members of management, in an effort to constantly improve.

I apologize if the Savoy building did not meet your expectations. While it is still part of Long Bay Resort, each unit has it's own, individual and unique layout. As a result, upgrading furnishings, cabinetry and counter tops is not as simple as it is in the main building, where the conformity and consistency is apparent between all the units. Regardless, we have been able to complete upgrades in many of the units and hope to have the entire building completed in the coming months.

When we allow large groups to book in the summer months, much like your baseball team, there can be instances where children are out on the pool deck or the beach very late at night. While the first floor of the Savoy building is still elevated above the ground, I realize the noise can carry and echo off the sides of the building. For this reason, we employ security to patrol the pool deck and beach access throughout the night. For much of the same reasons, we also schedule a pool attendant, to keep the area safe, clean and relaxing during operational hours.

Again, I apologize if your stay was anything short of pleasant. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly if I can be of any assistance.

Reviewed August 2, 2012

This was our fifth stay at Long Bay and it was better than all of the prior trips. Everything was ready at check in time, the staff was professional and friendly and the services were great. No long waits for elevators and parking was easy.

Room Tip: The bedroom suites are worth the added cost for full kitchens and washer/dryers.
  • Stayed: August 2012, traveled with family

Thank you for writing a review for us on TripAdvisor!!

Come see us again real soon!

Guest Services Mgr.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

We always enjoy the Long Bay. This is at least our 6th visit and it will not be our last. We love the lazy river pool and the access to the beach. This time we had an ocean front suite and although the bedroom is a bit small, it was fine as the beach is what we are here for. The room was clean and up-to-date. The Martin's Restaurant had delicious food and the early bird specials were an excellent value. The parking garage and the elevators were very adequate and much better than those we had experienced the times we stayed at the Caravelle or Monterey Bay Suites. We have been coming to the Long Bay since 1999, and see the facilities are being kept in good condition, which is no easy task at a beach resort.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with family
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 2, 2012

Thanks for writing a review for us on Trip Advisor!!

I'm very happy to hear you enjoyed the accommodations and amenities here at the resort. We sincerely appreciate your loyalty to the resort and it's restaurants. Many of our guests have heard of Martin's that were never aware of Long Bay Resort before their arrival!

Thanks again and we hope to see you again in the future.

Reviewed August 1, 2012

Stayed at Long Bay for five nights, (July 23-27th). We paid a little extra and reserved a room within the smaller building to be closer to the ocean, and even though the room was a little smaller than we expected, the view made it a worthy investment. The facility had enough to keep our two kids, (11 and 5) entertained, and it was great to have a Starbucks downstairs. Be advised that even though the pool opens at 9, go down early to reserve chairs. The parking was VERY convenient, and the check in and out was efficient. The pool was also kept clean as the staff was seen power washing the entire area. The only negative feedback I have is no staff member was present to supervise the pool areas. Yes there are signs that warns patrons of this, but the resort should consider changing this policy to prevent the teenagers from getting too rowdy, especially in the Lazy River. But overall, our family enjoyed our stay, and are already planning our next visit next year.

1  Thank Terry S

Thanks for your review of Long Bay Resort on TripAdvisor.com!!

With the Wet Deck & Silly Submarine, children's activities, and life-sized games in the recreations area, Long Bay Resort is a major attraction for families looking for an entertaining and relaxing getaway. I'm glad your family had such a pleasant experience.

Monitoring the recreations area is a demanding responsibility that is upheld by at least one pool attendant, our entire maintenance staff and all managers, at all times of operation. We attempt to balance the enforcement of the posted rules with guest satisfaction, all within reason.

Again, I'm glad you were able to enjoy the restaurants and leisure activities despite the actions of a few mutual guests. We look forward to seeing you next year!

Reviewed July 29, 2012

I will never ever stay at this establishment again. Usually we stay at the Caravelle. However I heard such great things about long bay. So lets see when I made my first reservation the sweet girl at front desk said if i did one room with a king bed would be on first floor. i did not want that. I said if i upgrade to efficiency could you put me above it. She said yes. So i went ahead. Well i left for myrtle beach and ended up driving straight through. So i called long bay. said i could stay a night early. I go to check in gentleman at desk said i was on first floor. I was exhausted cause it was 12:30 in morning and me and my 12 year old were exhausted. We awoke in morning and my daughter screamed mom look. There were stains all over beds. Peanuts on the floor, cherry seeds (which I picked up) then found cigarette packs, peanut shells and cigarette buds surrounding our patio area. I was irritated. I called downstairs. Spoke to day mgr Jennifer also told her how guests upstairs kept us up alot of night. She said would do her best to see about moving us even upgrading us for all of this. However nothing available that day.

suddenly a knock on our door. Housekeeping???? said manager sent them up. it was maid and her supervisor. They were spraying stuff all over and i asked what it was. They said degreaser??? They then changed spreads and pillow cases. First bed spread supervisor said it smelled awful (this was new one). finally they left. Jennifer (day manager) said she would leave note to night manager. Well later that night I had issues again with upstairs people. Called downstairs. Night manager (again a jennifer) said she had no notes/was not aware of situation. This trip was for my daughters birthday and i was irritated, but not nasty. she said let me call you back.

Ten minutes later she called me back said the next day could move us but to a downgrade. I was a little upset because the sign on the building showed vacancies. But i said ok. i told my daugher she was crying because she wanted to keep a kitchen to cook our meals together. So i called back down and told night manager jennifer. she said ok, however she would keep an eye out for a upgrade for room with kitchen, but also since it was my daughters birthday was going to do something special for her? Really the rest of the vacation i hear absolutely nothing at all. Then the last two days there housekeeping or whoever kept switching my do not disturb sign to service room. I had to run to grab something from my car and my daughter was crying. I said whats wrong. she said housekeeping was pounding on door to clean room and tried to open door she did not know what to do. I call down tell them I do not want room service and to stop it. I will never ever ever return to this place. Oh and if you want to lay at pool forget it. They post signs to not leave towels on chairs and go to beach. However when my daugher and i went to pool each day at 10:00 a.m. only maybe five to ten people in pool but every chair taken up. I spent almost $1000 for this to happen. The only good thing I had was Karen in the gift shop was amazing. Probably because she moved there from New York. Long Bay only wants your money. No customer service, lies lies lies. shame on you.

7  Thank tanash
Corey_Shaw, Front Office Manager at Long Bay Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 6, 2012

I sincerely apologize for the issues you and your daughter experienced on her birthday trip. On your original reservation, there was no indication of your desire to be above the ground floor. Also, I am somewhat confused about which room you had spoken to the reservations agent about, as the resort does not offer a room with a King bed on the ground floor. However, we may have failed to make you aware that all “Resort View” rooms & efficiencies are on the ground floor of Long Bay Resort, which have a balcony exposed to the resort grounds, as opposed to the ocean. Sadly, with the busy season upon us, we did not have the option or ability to move you to another unit, to satisfy your desire to be above the first floor, in a room with at least a kitchenette. Additionally, we will keep the "Vacancy" sign lit until all of our sister properties in the area are sold out as well. This way we can more effectively direct a weary traveler to a hotel with available accommodations. We would never intentionally withhold a room in lieu of satisfying a guest. Unfortunately, aside from the physical location of certain specific room styles, we can not guarantee any particular unit. We will certainly do everything in our power to honor any sort of request, but during the busy season when we are filled to capacity, it can become difficult, or even impossible, to get a particular floor for the entire length of your stay.

Regardless of the specific room style you were looking for, there is no excuse for any of our rooms to be in the condition you described upon your arrival. I sincerely apologize that our housekeeping services did not meet even our own expectations. It is our goal to provide clean rooms and great service and we clearly fell short of that goal. To rectify the problem for the future, we have already made several changes, including hiring a new Director of Housekeeping.

Guest satisfaction is our top priority and we will make every effort to improve any deficiencies we may have. It is my understanding that the General Manager has already been in contact with you, but if there is anything additional I can do, please do not hesitate to contact me directly. We strive to make Long Bay Resort the best resort in Myrtle Beach and I assure you that we will take whatever steps are necessary to improve our services.

Guest Services Mgr.