3,222 results
All reviewsmartin's restaurantsavoy buildinglazy riverocean view cafelongbay resortocean frontgolf directorpool areathree bedroomparking garagebedroom condogolf packagefamily vacationkiddie poolsseveral yearsgreat resortthe past years
Reviewed June 12, 2012

This was our first time here an we loved it! This is a great place to bring the kids. It is away from all crazy night life but is still close to it incase you want to enjoy it. I wouldnt recomend staying in the main part of Myrtle beach if you have kids because some of the things we seen after 8pm was not too good. I feel sorry for the people in those condos that had to hear screaming all night. So if you are going with the family North Myrtle beach is the way to go.So I was very happy that we had picked Long Bay! We stayed in a 3 bedroom condo in the main building. It was very nice. We were on the 14th floor which had a great view. From what I seen the higher floors were the way to go because the view wasent blocked. The only thing was the weather. It was kinda cold. I think next time we will come in July or August because June is still not that hot there. So since the weather was bad we were in the heated pools! Thank goodness for that because some of the other resorts did not have any indoor areas to swim, so we were very thankful that ours did.Everyone was friendly an everything was clean! We will stay here when we come back!

Room Tip: Pick a high floor. 10 or above. The main building has better rooms.
3  Thank andrea s
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I have organized a ladies golf trip to Myrtle Beach for the past 11 years and 10 of those years we have stayed at the Long Bay Resort. The staff is friendly and helpful and the view is ocean front so I need not say more. The golf department does a wonderful job helping to sekect and book tee times for the courses we play. Martin's Restaurant offers a delicious buffet breakfast and their dinner menu might be the best kept secret in Myrtle Beach. Our group averages around 32 ladies and I've had no complaints from them about anything regarding Long Bay Resort.

Room Tip: Just ask for an ocean front condo or room. We have always had the 3 bedroom condos that accommodate 4 ladies thus nobody has to share a bed.
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with friends
2  Thank Pat G
Reviewed June 11, 2012

I've stayed at Long Bay Resort for several years when visiting Myrtle Beach. The hotel is clean, well maintained and friendly staff. Great location and onsite parking. I didn't use pool or gym faciliites, but they seemed to be well maintained and guests were enjoying them. Reception staff friendly, even during a very busy check-in period.

Room Tip: Nice variety of room accommodations, but if you want oceanfront view, make sure you get the right room ("resort view" does not offer a view of the beach).
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled on business
2  Thank MrZeb
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was our 3rd time staying at Long Bay Resort. It has always been a nice place to stay and especially so when we have booked the 3 bedroom suite which had plenty of room for the family. We ended up having 7 people stay. Weather has always been Sunny and in the mid 80's until this time. Only 1 goood day out of 4 with rain and cooler weather. The kids still very much enjoyed playing in the ocean at the beach. When we booked the room, the person that booked it for us looked for the very best deal that they were offering at the time. She helped us save some additional money off the best deal that I had found on the internet, and she also got us some complimentary breakfasts at Martins Restaurant. Other than weather, everything was great. Employees always seem helpful and pleasant.

2  Thank Paul M
Reviewed June 10, 2012

This was our first time staying at Long Bay Resort - LOVED IT!!! The room (stayed in condo) was very clean. Housekeeping was outstanding and never had any complaints. Everything I requested (right down to pack & plays) was met without any problem. ALL staff I encountered were great!! Each one wished you a good day. If you are looking for a great place for kids (have activities everyday), you will not be disappointed with Long Bay. My family & I are looking forward to our next vacation at Myrtle Beach, SC and staying at this resort.

Room Tip: We stayed on the 14th floor in the main building (center of two other buildings) which had direct access to the beach. Also, for those of you who love Starbucks - there is one on the main floor - wonderful staff - nice selection of pastries. If you are planning on staying in a condo, you will not be disappointed. The pictures do not do the room sizes justice - they are HUGE and have plenty of room. The master bedroom was big enough to accommodate two pack & plays and still have room. Lastly, GREAT VIEW!!! Highly recommend oceanfront - you cannot go wrong!
2  Thank Tweetyx3