“TERRIBLE with a CAPITOL "T"”

Children's Museum of South Carolina
Ranked #56 of 123 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive exhibits and programs where visitors can touch, explore, and play while learning about their world. Located directly across from the Myrtle Beach Convention Center in the same building as Office Depot.Admission is $8/person, children ages 1 and younger are FREE
Reviewed October 2, 2009

WHAT a COMPLETE WASTE OF money... its 2 & 1/2 room "facility" should be taken OFF the list of area Attractions. Its hardly worth the gas it took to get there... after all these years, it is out dated AND OVERRATED.$8.00 per person Over the age of 1. It was NOT WORTH IT... your kids will have just as much fun playing at the park down the street...at the point of ticket purchase the staff was extremely UNinviting. WILL NEVER GO AGAIN. take a couple extra hours and drive to EDventure (childrens museum) Make it an all day trip!! this place should SHUT DOWN and do a MAJOR construction overhaul.shame, shame, SHAME!!!

1  Thank BayBebe

Reviewed May 26, 2009

It did have several fun things to do for a 2 year old but it was not overall what I expected. It is in a very small and crammed packed location. It is very outdated and needs updating very badly. It seemed dirty because everything is very old. Not to the standards of newer children s museums in size or exhibits...

Reviewed January 6, 2009

Visited CMSC on December 31st, 2008 with my 2 1/2 daughter and my 1 year old son. As some other reviewer stated - the museum as it stands right now is fairly small in physical size but not in activities. What this means to you is that if there are a large amount of kids in the facility it gets very crowded very quickly. There was a class in the facility just as we entered and it made things a bit cozy, especially in the first room. That being said - I felt they had a good variety of activities for my children to do and the fact that they did a New Years' toast at Noon was a nice touch.

The staff was excellent - it's always good when you see the staff constantly going around cleaning up after the children. Other museums I've been to were much larger and fancier but didn't do nearly as good a job as they did in keeping the place organized so that children could always find the parts for activities.

My children got a good two hours out of the museum - which is a good value for the price paid. If we did another mutli-day vacation to Myrtle Beach I'm sure we'd return.

Reviewed August 11, 2007

We went to this museum on a Wednesday morning to escape 100+ degree temps! The kids (ages, 6, 5, 4, and 2) LOVED IT! The youngest loved the Papa John's Pizza delivery truck & the pretend pizza & oven. The oldest loved the Medical Center area. The middle kids loved everything! There is a cool bubble hula hoop that can surround you in bubbles. There is a tray where you can put bubbles into your palm, close your palm, and blow bubbles in your hand. There are animals to view - turtles, rabbits, etc... The kids had a BALL! We were here for a little over 2 hours & the kids did not want to leave. It costs $6.00 over 2.

1  Thank BethAnnP
Reviewed December 26, 2006

I have a five year old and a two year old. We enjoyed the museum but found it to be a bit small (my daughter said "is that IT??" at the end.) There were several cute exhibits; one in particular that the five year old liked was a real working ATM machine.
It cost us $6 a person to get in. I think if you have nothing else to do and have little ones who need to blow off steam, this is a nice place. But if you have been to children's museums before (we go to Portsmouth VA s all the time) it will seem a bit small in comparison and not quite worth the price.
We probably won't go back but did enjoy it.

1  Thank surfer143