“Rainy Day? Stay away!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Children's Museum of South Carolina

Children's Museum of South Carolina
Ranked #51 of 116 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive exhibits and programs where visitors can touch, explore, and play while learning about their world. Located directly across from the Myrtle Beach Convention Center in the same building as Office Depot.Admission is $8/person, children ages 1 and younger are FREE
Middletown, Indiana
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 6 helpful votes
“Rainy Day? Stay away!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 27, 2014

It was raining so instead of beach we decided to go to the highly rated Children's Museum. When we first pulled up I thought we were lost because surely the Children's Museum couldn't be located in an old store building (if you pull around Office Max I believe is on the other side attached to it). We decided to give it a shot because of the good reviews it had. First of all, over priced!! It was not worth the money. They had a coupon on their website that you can mention to save yourself 10% and I am glad that I at least saved that much. Anyhow, it got very crowded very quickly and you had to wait to use some of the stations. We were there for about an hour and ready to leave. It was a joke and my wife felt the same way. Now again, we went on a rainy day and I am sure everyone else had the same plans that we did and thats why it was crowded. But still, I have been to other children's museums and this was like more of daycare toys than a children's museum.

“Glad we went!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 26, 2014 via mobile

We were looking for a break from the beach. This place hit the mark and had a good variety activities. Our 4 year-old daughter had a blast!

Jacksonville
“Horrible experience”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 25, 2014

I decided to take my one year old daughter here instead of the aquarium because it was so busy. When I first walked in, I was excited to let her play. I was waiting at the counter to pay the $8.00 to get in. While I was waiting, a delivery guy showed up to deliver lunch to the staff. I was okay with this until the lady who was helping me decided she would rush taking my credit card because she wanted to get the food. She ended up charging me $80.00 instead of $8.00 then proceeded to tell me the $72.00 would be refunded immediately. Because of her mistake, my account was over charged and I have not been refunded yet. Point is- pay attention and stop rushing just because you are getting food delivered. Either handle the customer or the delivery. We will never come here again.

Greensboro, North Carolina
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Great Place to Stay Out of the Heat!”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

We spent time here when the days were extremely hot so the kids could have something to do. I think it cost around $24 for two kids and two adults (and we had a 10% off coupon).....not a huge selection of activities but the staff was very friendly and kept everything neat and well-maintained. We went in the busy season but it wasn't busy at all....and we went around 12-1. It kept the kids occupied for around 3 hours....also, a lot of benches for parents to sit on while they watch their kids play...worth the money definitely if you want something to do with air conditioning!

1 Thank BoyBlue2014
Newport, Tennessee
10 attraction reviews
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 8 helpful votes
“My kids loved it!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed June 19, 2014

Some of the items may be a little older, but my kids absolutely loved it. They would have stayed there all day. I have 2 8 yr olds and a 10 yr old and there was plenty for them to do there. Highly recommend.

1 Thank April W