Children's Museum of South Carolina
Ranked #56 of 123 things to do in Myrtle Beach
More attraction details
Owner description: Interactive exhibits and programs where visitors can touch, explore, and play while learning about their world. Located directly across from the Myrtle Beach Convention Center in the same building as Office Depot.Admission is $8/person, children ages 1 and younger are FREE
Reviewed April 25, 2013

We took our 7 and 2 yr olds to the Museum during our week stay in myrtle beach. It was pretty empty but it is off season. They had plenty of things to keep the both busy and exploring. Some things were worn but the kids didn't notice or even care. The medical play area and the the fossil sections were their favorite spots. We stayed for 2 hrs to get our $$ worth. It can be boring, but if you Play and Explore with your kids the time goes by pretty fast!! Wish we had one where I live.

1  Thank ShawnitaM

Reviewed April 12, 2013

During our 5 day stay to the area, it rained for 2 days straight. After hanging out at the hotel for Day 1, we decided to venture out. The Children's Museum was a welcome way to spend a few hours. It was a little crowded but we where able to enjoy all of the exhibits without any issues.

Reviewed April 9, 2013 via mobile

I saw a lot of negative reviews about this place, so I was hesitant. However, our daughter is 11 months old and it was a bit cold on our last day at the beach, so we decided to check it out. Children under 2 are free and adults are $8, plus there is a 10% off coupon in the coupon books, so we paid a total of $14.40. The museum was small, maybe 3-4 rooms. I really like that all of the exhibits were interactive for almost all ages. There were many kids there, so it was nice for my daughter to get to play and interact. The kids were very well-mannered and parents were attentive. It was a very clean place. Some things were a little outdated, but everything was in working order and good shape. Maybe if your kids are over 7, you may want to find something else, but if not, check it out! It's a great indoor activity for children and our daughter was thrilled and exhausted afterwards!! Seriously, $15 for a day of fun for our little one was 100% percent worth it!!!! Ignore all the Debbie Downers!

1  Thank KristinGautam
Reviewed April 7, 2013

Small and rather crowded, but like most childrens museums, it is really just a place kids can go and play. It does has some wear and tear on the exhibits and some were missing parts. The staff were friendly and stayed busy putting parts back up for other kids to enjoy. My 4 and 8 year old did love it, but my 10 year old became bored quickly. (He does really like this type of activity though.) It was a great value for the admission price and it was a good way to have fun out of the rain. Don't plan on this taking all day, most kids will be through after about 2 hours. It has plenty of free parking but can be hard to see from the road.

1  Thank Marvin M
Reviewed April 4, 2013

My 2.5 year old did enjoy the museum for 45 minutes, but probably no more so than many free activities in the area. I was surprised by the small size of the museum. It was crowded and more than a little dingy and run-down. Exhibits and activities were pretty random. There's a particularly grotesque giant doll with a slit in the stomach with various organs slither out that no child in the place would go near - nightmare fodder. Not a place I would visit again.

The Children's Museum in Charleston is about the same price, and a much, much better value.