“Once Was Not Enough!”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #28 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
St. Catharines, Ontario, Canada
“Once Was Not Enough!”
Reviewed March 13, 2014

My husband and I recently returned from a five night stay in Myrtle Beach. It's been 18 years since we'd been and already can't wait to go back...one reason being Big Mike's Soul Food! If you love comfort food, you MUST have a meal (or two!) at Big Mike's! Delicious home-cooked food, fast, friendly & attentive service. Obviously well-loved by visitors and locals. Loved so much by us that we went twice during our short visit! Big Mike's is small, only about 12 tables and a handful of seats at the lunch counter. Don't expect anything fancy for decor but DO expect delicious home-cooked grub! I highly recommend the Blue Plate Special. Your choice of meat, three sides, cornbread and a drink for $7.95!!! I had the fried chicken (best I've ever eaten), mac 'n cheese (also the best I've ever eaten!), rice with gravy...and I had collard greens on our second visit. OMG to all!!! For dessert, we enjoyed the peach cobbler. Dessert Heaven is all I can say! We loved the staff. We loved the food. Big Mike will see us again!!!

• Visited March 2014

“Food for the Soul!”
Reviewed March 12, 2014 via mobile

My husband and I tried Big Mike's for a taste of soul food and got exactly what we needed. Food was served quickly and was nice and hot. Service was great. You get more than your money's worth. It had great flavor but was not salty like some soul food can get. Would highly recommend stopping here as we know we'll be going back.

Gros Morne National Park, Canada
“Not impressed”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

My wife and I decided to try Big Mikes she had the chicken fingers which where served hot, large and HOMEMADE I ordered the blue plate sirloin steak with yams,fries,cabbage The sirloin was something you might find in a TV dinner. A processed frozen 1/4 inch yucky pattie with a couple of slice onion on top come on make a homemade pattie!!!! the sides where good and service was good we might try it again but a lot of choices in the area.

• Visited March 2014
1 Thank Greyhoundlover
Hogansville
“Great food”
Reviewed March 11, 2014

Food as so good. Service was excellent! We were treated so nicely and really enjoyed our food. Music plays, there is a television and everyone is happy (even with running circles trying to tend to everyone). A great supper. Didn't see they served alcohol until we were leaving, but no complaints here.

Visited March 2014
“Delicious!”
Reviewed March 5, 2014 via mobile

The food here is amazing! I had the fried fish, green beans, cabbage, and rice with gravy. You get so much food for a great price. One of my new favorite places in Myrtle Beach.