“New Tradition”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #28 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Raleigh, North Carolina
“New Tradition”
Reviewed January 3, 2014

I plan to visit Big Mike's Soul Food when ever I come to the beach! The food was well seasoned, not greasy and the portion size was excellent.

• Visited January 2014
3 Thank Ms K

wilmington nc
“to long to get an order”
Reviewed January 2, 2014

I went trying to find out what all of the fuss was about and sat for 30 minutes and left without ordering. Maybe I will try it again someday.

• Visited December 2013
1 Thank producer1
charlotte, nc
“I'm afraid with the portions size...he's going to put himself out of business”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

Stopped in after I learned Myrtle Beach now has a soul food restaurant and seeing largely great reviews here on Trip Advisor. We had dinner around 5:30pm (they opened at 11am due to the winter season) and while we were disappointed they were out of white meat fried chicken, both of us were pleased with our Plan B....my cousin had the fried fish which she stated was good and I had the chopped sirloin. The Mac n Cheese was good (but not the best I ever had), but the collards were fresh and tasted and the field peas were excellent!

Our portions were so large, And given the LOW prices, I am afraid that he will not turn a profit and will close!

Service was slow (to their credit, there were two large parties in the restaurant), but friendly.

We will definitely return again.

• Visited December 2013
2 Thank carolinasunshine13
Huntington, West Virginia
“One word.... YUM!!”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

If you like soul food - collard greens, mac and cheese, fried chicken, cornbread, fried fish or pork chops - you need to go here. You get tons of food for less then $10 a meal ( a meat and 3 sides plus cornbread). So much food two can actually eat from one meal. Just writing this is making me want to drive all the way back down there just to get dinner. It's that good!

Visited December 2013
1 Thank 2centsfrom304
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Still Good !”
Reviewed December 28, 2013

When visiting MB in September we found Big Mike's after reading the reviews and we were not disappointed . Everything was just as we had read about . Good food and very good portions , not to mention good company in Big Mike himself ! He remembered us and was so welcoming , that we felt like we were in his home . This place is not very fancy but it is clean and comfy and the service is great . Everything was just as good as it was on our last visit and the cobbler was a real hit with our young grandson . If you don't have big money but you do have a big appetite then Big Mike's is the place to be !

Visited December 2013