“Can't wait to go back!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Big Mike's Soul Food

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #25 of 868 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Local cuisine, Special occasions, Kids, Families with children, Dining on a budget
Dining options: Dinner, Lunch, Brunch, Late Night, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
“Can't wait to go back!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 7, 2013 via mobile

This place was a jewel. I've been to Myrtle Beach several times and now I wish I would've found this place sooner. Home cooked and perfectly seasoned food for a great price!! Definitely a WIN in my book. 1 meat, 3 sides and a drink plus cornbread for $7.95 + tax and the portions are great.

3 Thank I_am_Toyia85

detroit, michigan
“A Must Have while in Myrtel Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 6, 2013 via mobile

Upon entering Big Mike's you could smell the aroma of home cooking. I noticed a billboard up front that listed the specials. We were seated immediately , and the waitress brought the Billboard to the table so that we could see the specials. I ordered gumbo soup for me and my husband to share. The gumbo have a marvelous taste, just wish I coulda saw more seafood. I ordered fried chicken, collard greens, macaroni and cheese, and candied yams. The platters also came with cornbread. My husband ordered the same thing. he also ordered a porkchop , because he said the chicken was so good that he had to taste it. Everything was hot, homemade, and delicious. The food looks just like the menu pictures. I don't have to worry about cooking when I come back. I'll be there when I get off the plane and before I get back on the plane. Oh did I mention that I had the peach cobbler for dessert. I had to taste it because everything else was so good and homemade. Needless to say, it was perfect.

3 Thank karenmw67
chicago, il
“Delicious Heaping Plate-full”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I went here. It was a little hard to spot, slightly off the main drag on a smaller street. Very worth looking for, though!!
We both ordered plate lunches- fried pork chops and fried chicken. Both were very good, and came with 3 sides which were all equally great. The plates were absolutely heaping with food and everything was fresh and home cooked-tasting, like your Southern Mom or Granny would do.
Would definately go back if ever in Myrtle Beach again. We saw our neighbors order the fried seafood baskets and might try those next time, as they looked delicious and plentiful as well.
Be aware the atmosphere is kind of dive-like. Prices are great and service was friendly and quick though.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank pairofloafers
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“best dinner value in Myrtle Beach!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 25, 2013

if you like fried chicken, it doesn't get any better than this. Not the greatest decore, but 2 complete fried chicken dinners with a glass of chardonnay each under $18.00 is a great deal.

• 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
2 Thank bcsboyd
Fairmont, West Virginia
“All I can say is WOW!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 23, 2013

After reading reviews on trip advisor, we decided to give Big Mike's a try. We are certainly glad we did. We went there for lunch on a Friday and it was pretty busy, hard to find a parking spot in the small lot out front. To look at the building you would never expect the food and service that was foudn inside. We've learned to never judge a book by it's cover though and this is definitely one of those places that, that rule applies. Upon entering we were greeted by several waitresses and told to pick a seat. Most of the tables were already occupied and there were several people waiting on takeout at the bar. We found a seat and ordered the blue plate special based on the reviews and pictures on here and the value! $7.95 for a meat, 3 sides, cornbread, and a drink!! You can't eat fast food for that price. We each had the fried fish which was great along with sides of mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, green beans, and cole slaw. Everything was wonderful!! The cornbread was amazing as well!! I really cannot say enough good things about how great this experience was!! We will definitely be coming back!!

• 3 of 5 bubbles