“Delicious Heaping Plate-full”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #33 of 906 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Reviewed October 29, 2013

My husband and I went here. It was a little hard to spot, slightly off the main drag on a smaller street. Very worth looking for, though!!
We both ordered plate lunches- fried pork chops and fried chicken. Both were very good, and came with 3 sides which were all equally great. The plates were absolutely heaping with food and everything was fresh and home cooked-tasting, like your Southern Mom or Granny would do.
Would definately go back if ever in Myrtle Beach again. We saw our neighbors order the fried seafood baskets and might try those next time, as they looked delicious and plentiful as well.
Be aware the atmosphere is kind of dive-like. Prices are great and service was friendly and quick though.

1  Thank pairofloafers

Reviewed October 25, 2013

if you like fried chicken, it doesn't get any better than this. Not the greatest decore, but 2 complete fried chicken dinners with a glass of chardonnay each under $18.00 is a great deal.

2  Thank bcsboyd
Reviewed October 23, 2013

After reading reviews on trip advisor, we decided to give Big Mike's a try. We are certainly glad we did. We went there for lunch on a Friday and it was pretty busy, hard to find a parking spot in the small lot out front. To look at the building you would never expect the food and service that was foudn inside. We've learned to never judge a book by it's cover though and this is definitely one of those places that, that rule applies. Upon entering we were greeted by several waitresses and told to pick a seat. Most of the tables were already occupied and there were several people waiting on takeout at the bar. We found a seat and ordered the blue plate special based on the reviews and pictures on here and the value! $7.95 for a meat, 3 sides, cornbread, and a drink!! You can't eat fast food for that price. We each had the fried fish which was great along with sides of mashed potatoes, mac n cheese, green beans, and cole slaw. Everything was wonderful!! The cornbread was amazing as well!! I really cannot say enough good things about how great this experience was!! We will definitely be coming back!!

3  Thank knottsa
Reviewed October 17, 2013

Went there for a late lunch this week. I'd second what recent reviews have said. The fried chicken was very good, the portions were quite large, and the senior meal was very reasonably priced.

Big Mike was there to greet us and he was very friendly.

About the only minus I can think of was that, with only a few tables occupied, the service was a little slow. But what the heck, we were on vacation, so no worries.

Go there. Good home cooking at very reasonable prices.

2  Thank angryurbandaleman
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I read about Big Mike's on tripadvisor and decided to check it out when my husband and I visited Myrtle Beach for our anniversary . Well everything I read was pretty accurate . The food was very good , the restaurant was clean , Big Mike was really nice and hospitable as well as the staff , and the price was right ! I was very surprised at the amount of food we got for $7.95 ! I never had the option of 3 sides but Big Mike gives you 3 sides unless you get the senior citizen plate which comes with 2 . All I can say is if you are in the area , go to Big Mikes........you won't be disappointed .

1  Thank Linda B