“Yummy !”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #27 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Washington DC, District of Columbia
“Yummy !”
Reviewed October 14, 2013

I read about Big Mike's on tripadvisor and decided to check it out when my husband and I visited Myrtle Beach for our anniversary . Well everything I read was pretty accurate . The food was very good , the restaurant was clean , Big Mike was really nice and hospitable as well as the staff , and the price was right ! I was very surprised at the amount of food we got for $7.95 ! I never had the option of 3 sides but Big Mike gives you 3 sides unless you get the senior citizen plate which comes with 2 . All I can say is if you are in the area , go to Big Mikes........you won't be disappointed .

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Linda B

“Found a new FAVORITE!!”
Reviewed October 12, 2013 via mobile

Checked trip advisor and found Big Mikes was highly rated. It's hard to find a "home cookin' " restaurant in any town but this is certainly a fresh, home cooked meal. Oooohhh what flavor in the fried pork chop :-). Very friendly staff and fast with the food, not crowded either. We will definitely be back here.
Don't tell Mike his prices are reasonable because he might go up LOL! Three words for ya' : BLUE PLATE SPECIAL

Visited October 2013
1 Thank Richard C
Brooklyn, NY
“Delicious fried chicken!”
Reviewed October 10, 2013 via mobile

Very simple menu, blue plate specials are $7.95 with your choice of meat (fried chicken, fried fish, fried pork chop, BBQ chicken, or roast chicken). Also included: 3 sides and cornbread! The sides options were: mashed potatoes, rice & gravy, field peas, green beans, mac and cheese, and collards. The portions are large and the food is delicious. The staff was friendly and welcoming, and the service was efficient. There was a steady stream of customers both for dining in and take out.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bklynKat
Hurricane, WV
“The best answer I ever had to my usual question....”
Reviewed October 10, 2013

When I eat at a restaurant I have never eaten at before, I always ask the wait staff the following question, "If this is my only visit to this restaurant, what should I have?" I did this tonight at Big Mike's and the waitress said, "Oh, this won't be the only time you eat here." Best answer ever! This restaurant is very good and offers blue plate specials each night. I had fried chicken, mac-n-cheese, green beans, and collard greens. I enjoyed every bite. If you think this is a "greasy spoon", think again. The food was no where near greasy and was very tasty. The one thing I noticed while eating my meal was the diverse ages of diners in the restaurant and all of them appeared to be enjoying their meal. By the way, the waitress was right, I will be back if I'm ever in this area again.

• Visited October 2013
1 Thank bloodlinemusic
Ohio
“Great Homecooking”
Reviewed October 8, 2013

It was just good, the service, the food, the price. Will definitely come again. It is not somewhere I would have ever noticed had it not been for the trip advisor reviews, but well worth finding.

Visited October 2013