“Good food, good price, good find”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #31 of 903 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Reviewed September 8, 2013

We saw the reviews here on Tripadvisor and decided to check it out on September 4. We each had a blue plate--I had fried chicken, macaroni and cheese, green beans and coleslaw and hubby had meatloaf, macaroni and cheese, black-eyed peas and green beans. With drinks (tea for both of us), each meal was $7.95. The food was outstanding. The portions were generous, and where can you find great food at such a great price? The food is the star here--the dining room is plain and a bit run down, but look past the decor and follow your nose. Big Mike's is a place we'll visit again!

1  Thank Lisa G

Reviewed September 7, 2013

My favorite meal during my vacation! Amazing home cooked food for a very affordable price. Driving by the place I wouldn't have even noticed it but this is a must stop. The whole meal reminded me of a Christmas dinner.

Reviewed September 7, 2013 via mobile

We was there today. I found this place on tripadvisor! Let me tell you about this place. My family of four had 3 fried chicken and 1 bbq ribs. Everyone agreed it was soooooo gud. Then we had the peach cobbler.....my lawd!!!! Delicious!! All that for $38.80!!!
NO where in MB have I been able to get good 'home cook' food for under $50.... Pleasent staff and seen Big Mike putting TLC into every morsal!

1  Thank Cbenn28328
Reviewed September 4, 2013 via mobile

What a great find! Big Mikes has to be the most affordable place in Myrtle Beach...and good! I had fried chicken, mashed potatoes and gravy, corn bread, cabbage and cole slaw for $7.95! My husband had grilled chicken, Mac n cheese, fries black eyes peas, cabbage and corn bread for the same price! It was very good and staff is very friendly. We will definitely go back...u can't beat a whole meal for under $8.00!

1  Thank harleygem3
Reviewed September 4, 2013

We loved the food, portions were huge, very reasonably priced, and the service was pleasant and attentive. A bit of a dump decor-wise, but who cares? Better good food in a run-down place than bland bad food in a fancy over-priced place! Highly recommended!

2  Thank TGV3