“Everything is Big at Big Mike's”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #53 of 930 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Reviewed August 31, 2013

We were planning on going to the Oliver Garden for dinner one night but didn't have a reservation and didn't want to wait 1 1/2 hours for a table. What a blessing in disguise.

My wife saw Big Mike's when we were driving around and suggested we give it a try.

We had the blue plate special which was one meat, 3 sides, corn bread and a drink for $8!! The food was excellent and the staff were very friendly. Great meal and great value.

We'll be going back to this gem of a restaurant the next time we're in Myrtle Beach.

2  Thank Northern_Neighbour

Reviewed August 30, 2013

Looking at all the reviews and being on a budget we decided to go there and try the place. It's very small place. We had to wait a little for our table, but once we got there the server took our order. I ordered the fried chicken blue plate special with mac and cheese and slaw and my husband ordered the pork chops with potato salad and green beans.Both of our meals were good, i will not say spectacular but very good, specially for the price of 7.95, you cannot beat that. I will definitely visit them again the next time we go to Myrtle Beach

2  Thank summerfun57
Reviewed August 28, 2013

I have had soul food at upscale and down home places all over the country. So i know the cuisine And Big Mikes was absolutely great - Top 3. First , the food was delicious. Between the 4 of us we tasted most of the sides ( potato salad and Mac and cheese to die for) and several plates .-chopped steak, chicken, fish , ribs and we are Still cooing about it. And the price $ 7.95 for meal 2 sides and a drink made it taste of soul heaven ..summary service was friendly and the food is so good that its worth the trip.

1  Thank midlothianfemale
Reviewed August 28, 2013 via mobile

Stopped in for dinner due to all the reviews. I was happy with the food and the polite, friendly service from the very personable waitress. We opted for takeout due to the fact we weren't excited over the decor. Kind of outdated. I would definitely be back next time in town. Worth the money and the time.

Reviewed August 27, 2013

We tried this out based on what we read on Tripadvisor. We were not disappointed. Meat & 3 with drink was only $7.95 each. We had the fried chicken, which was fabulous. This is real Southern cooking the way my mother used to make it 9and the wau I do when I have the time). The waitress was very nice; when I saw her place another vegetable on the menu board (after we had ordered) she let me change my order with no problem. Servings are huge. This is not a place for healthy eating (most of the entrees are fried and the veggies are cooked with pork seasoning) but it is a place for good down home food. We will definitely come back to Big Mikes whenever we go to Myrtle Beach
hint: if you don't have GPS, make sure you Google map the location before you go out; otherwise, you might miss it.