“Great Southern Soul Food”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #27 of 880 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Pinehurst, North Carolina
“Great Southern Soul Food”
Reviewed July 1, 2013 via mobile

Fried Chicken, Fried Pork Chop, Meat Loaf, Mac 'n Cheese, Collards, etc etc etc.... All are fantastic. The service is great and the food is excellent. This is a great place for lunch, but don't expect to stay on your diet. For an extra treat, try the Peach Cobbler.

• Visited July 2013
1 Thank doatsea

Raleigh, North Carolina
“Did not disappoint!”
Reviewed June 30, 2013

We arrived in Myrtle Beach yesterday at lunchtime after sitting in traffic for hours...starving. We had already read the reviews on tripadvisor and were planning on trying Big Mike's sometime during our stay, and comfort food was just what the doctor ordered after our trip down.
As we arrived about 2pm the lunch crush was over so there was not a wait. Several items from the $7.95 (for meat with 3 veggies!) Blue Plate Special list for the day sounded great (Fried Chicken, Fried Fish, Fried Pork Chops, Chopped Sirloin etc.). I went with the fried fish with mashed taters and gravy, green beans and cole slaw. My wife had the fried pork chops with green beans, field peas and mac and cheese. My son had fried chicken with mac and cheese and rice and gravy in a kid's portion (one drumstick and a pile of vegetables). Everything was terrific...served piping hot and generously portioned. My fish appeared to be flounder and it was crispy and delicious...the breader Big Mike uses negates the need for any additional flavoring (not that the hot sauce didn't add something though). Veggies were all great, my wife's field peas really stood out. The mac and cheese is a little on the dry side but that is not unusual when it truly homemade like this. One note...if you are a low salt diet...well, you probably shouldn't be eating here anyhow; they are not shy with the salt; but that is why it tastes soooo good! Well definitely recommend Big Mike's to all of my golf buddies for their trips down to Myrtle. A great value and hey, they have beer! Pretty odd for a place that serves 'meat and three'. As an added bonus we got to meet Big Mike himself as we were leaving and he was friendly and warm. Big Mike's is a bit of a dive but man, the food and value just can't be beat.

1 Thank woodman1967
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“great food at a great price”
Reviewed June 29, 2013

Took my family of 5 to Big Mike's for some good southern home cooking, and we were not disapointed. Everyone got a diffierent blue plate special. The concenus was that the fried chicken was to die for. No one had room for peach cobbler but we tried one anyway...Great service, great food, great prices.

1 Thank Shannon M
Cherry Hill, New Jersey, United States
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Amazing food”
Reviewed June 28, 2013

When we landed, we decided we wanted to have soul food, while in Myrtle Beach. On our last night, we found a review of this place and the food was great. It's a little mom and pop place, so the service took a bit longer, but the food was out of this world! And then the price couldn't be beat! Food, drink, and desert for 3, wi tip, came to $42!!! I only wish we found this place before our last night

1 Thank Sarah S
Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
“Roscoes Chicken & Waffles but in SC.”
Reviewed June 27, 2013

Let's just say for less than $9 for all the food I got, I would definately go here again and again. I felt like Ice Cube and DeDe were lurking around the corner. Do tha dawg catcha. The waitstaff seemed untrained. The food is great but maybe Mike needs a little more business experience. I would eat here any day over fast food or K&W. Maybe Janet Jackson will leave her hat on next time. I ain't got no job. My boy's trying to get me high. I'll eat here several more times.

2 Thank SCBeachlocal