“Great Atmosphere! Great Food!!”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #30 of 897 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Reviewed April 27, 2013 via mobile

We just left Big Mike's and the food was fantastic we ordered the blue plate dinner with fish, my three sides were collards, rice and gravy and green beans. And I cannot forget the cornbread all very good! We will go back!!

2  Thank kassius11739
There are newer reviews for Big Mike's Soul Food

Reviewed April 26, 2013

went today and sat down, ungreeted...we were seen by the wait staff and big mike said hi. we sat there for over 10 minutes and nobody waited on us...6 other people came in and were served ahead of us. finally someone said we'd be waited on soon. we waited and it didn't happen. so we left, and mike wondered why...and we told him.

i'll never go back.

3  Thank jxd1945
Reviewed April 25, 2013

Big Mikes was a big treat. We had a family of four and we ate for under $25. That's rare enough in itself, but the food was outstanding and had huge portions. I had the blue plate special in which you pick a meat and 3 sides for under $8. I got fried chicken, Mac and cheese, field peas, and mashed potatoes ( maybe some of the best I've ever had), with cornbread and could not finish it all even though I wanted to.

1  Thank Doug H
Reviewed April 24, 2013 via mobile

BIG MIKE and his staff are wonderful! We both ordered the blue plate special and what a treat! True comfort food and Big MIKE makes you feel like family! HUGE portions and very reasonably priced!

1  Thank KIbberClark
Reviewed April 24, 2013

We had read great reviews for Big Mikes so we decided to try it. We went on Wednesday about 12:45. Parking is very limited so we had to drive around awhile to find a parking place. The restaurant was packed, but we didn't have to wait too long for a table. There were only two servers and they were extremely busy, so we had to wait at least 45 minutes to get our order. There were four of us and we all ordered the fried chicken. My husband and I got the senior blue plate special. We had two very large sides and cornbread and sweet Iced tea(really good. Not too sweet.). Between the four of us, we ordered quite a variety of sides. My husband said the collards were the best he had ever eaten. My green beans were probably canned,but were very well seasoned. I did not care for the gravy on the mashed potatoes. I expected chicken gravy, but got a thick dark gravy. My only real complaint other than slow service was that I thought the chicken was much too greasy.
This restaurant brings something different to the MB restaurant scene and I'm sure it will be very successful. I hope they are already considering moving to a bigger space with more parking.
The value for the price you pay is truly unbelievable.

1  Thank Janet G