“Delicious!”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #26 of 869 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Good for: Dining on a budget, Families with children, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Kids
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Brunch, Highchairs Available, Parking Available, Seating, Takeout, Television, Waitstaff, Wheelchair Accessible
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Poultney, Vermont
“Delicious!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 17, 2013 via mobile

The food was amazing! Whole family loved it. Get the blue plate special! Fried chicken was the best we ever had.

1 Thank Dawn S

“An Institution in the making!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 11, 2013 via mobile

We went for dinner after hearing from a local chef that this place was excellent, if a professional chef doesn't know good food then we are in trouble! We arrived and had a table in seconds, the server presented the menus and explained the specials, we both ordered sweet tea, best I've had in this State and don't forget this is the Offial State beverage. I had the blue plate special fried pork chops with greens, Mac n cheese and rice with gravy, I know your thinking a small portion of each since there are so many items, nope, plates mounded with food. When it came I said " you might as well bring a box, but after I started chowing down there was no stopping.
I could go on but I will do this as fast as possible. Collard greens; oh my God! Best I've ever had, pork chops; tender moist slices of pig heaven, Mac n cheese homemade and beyond stupidly great , rice n gravy; awesome, oh yeah they even put corn bread in there to , sorry mom! Big mikes gotcha slapped down. Ok here's the kicker both meals, drinks everything, under $18.00....
This place will be a Myrtle Beach icon when word gets out, so go today.
Someone notify the food network, we got us a rising star in the South,,, thanks Big Mike, see you soon

2 Thank Kayorsy
“Wonderful food at the best price in Myrtle Beach”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The food was wonderful. Good Southern Soul food. Large portions and great quality. I almost didn't rate Big Mikes go to keep everyone from going. We paid less for dinner (family of 4) than we did for breakfast. If you are looking for tofu or a bland meal, don't go, if you like fried pork chops, chicken, meatloaf, greens, Mac & Cheese then this is the place. We will visit several times while we are here.

2 Thank Slider20
Moseley, Virginia
“Great food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 1, 2013

The food was very good. The portions were hefty. The fried chicken was very good. For dessert get the peach cobbler!

CT
“Soul food to feed your soul...mmmm mmmm good!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed March 26, 2013

My mom and I went to Big Mike's today after reading about it on Tripadvisor. What a great find! If you're looking for real southern comfort food done perfectly, give it a try and bring your friends and family. You can't beat the blue plate price at $7.95 for your choice of fried chicken, pork chops or fish and 3 sides and cornbread. Mom loved her fish chowder and we had the fried chicken and fried fish and we each had mashed with gravy, cooked cabbage and baked mac and cheese. The cornbread was sweet and moist. The plates came out loaded and everything was seasoned perfectly and delicious. Our waitress was friendly, fun and attentive. Don't miss out...go now!

2 Thank harleygirlCt