“W-O-W”

Big Mike's Soul Food
Ranked #32 of 905 Restaurants in Myrtle Beach
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We have some of the best soul food in myrtle beach ,our blue plate special is the best deal in town at $ 9.49 A plate.Soul food the way your mama made it!!!!
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Been past this place a million times and never went inside, until one day my friend took me there for lunch. All those times, I was depriving myself of some of the best home cookin' I've ever had in my life. And the blue plate special makes me feel like I'm stealing from them! $7.95 for a huge slice of homemade meatloaf, mashed potatoes & gravy, mac & cheese and green beans. We both ate with drinks for less than $20

I hope these guys deliver, because if I was ever in a situation where I was offered a "Last meal", it would be FROM THIS PLACE! Sooooooo good! Writing this review makes my brain taste it again and I want to go back RIGHT NOW.

2  Thank Corey S

Reviewed December 24, 2012

What can I say. I am telling you from a southerner - it does not get better than this. The waitresses and Mike will serve you the best and will have to slop some sugar on you to!

2  Thank Maviscaravelle
Reviewed December 6, 2012

this is some of the best southern food ever. as good as grandmama fixed it. the blue plate special includes everything i needed to fulfill my hunger, and i had to bring some home! the service was really sweet as well!!

2  Thank MeggieMagoo
Reviewed November 21, 2012

On our first trip to SC we were determined to find the true heart of soul food. After reading about Big Mike's we drove over from Murrell's Inlet and had no trouble finding this small , hidden gem. Big MIke greeted us when we walked in and came over and sat with us for a bit to talk about his trip to Boston . We opted for 2 special plates and were not disappointed. The chicken was some of the best we had in SC , but I would suggest going for the dark meat since it was moister than the breast meat. WE had piles of fixins and tall glasses of sweet tea. This is what the Southern hospitality is all about. Try the banana pudding for dessert, You will still be thinking about it months later.

1  Thank fransbaking
Reviewed April 23, 2012

Being a local, I hate to give away too many secrets but this place has some of the best soul food I've had in years! Try the Blue Plate Special. It's $8 and the servings are large and everything I had was hot and fresh. (The portions were large enough to have another meal to take home.) The fried pork chops were excellent as were the collards and macaroni and cheese. Even the mashed potatoes and gravy were worthy of note! Its a small, out of the way location right off of Kings Hwy. but worth the effort to find. Its laid back and all about the flavor. I cannot wait to go back and try the fried chicken!