“Pet friendly, clean, and great location”
Review of Mariner Motel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Mariner Motel
Ranked #155 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“Pet friendly, clean, and great location”
Reviewed October 31, 2011

This is a quaint hotel that reminds me of places in the 1950's. Having a big dog, it was hard to find a place to stay. It is an older hotel, but the owner is a delight. If you are looking for a 5 star place then this is not for you, but it is a great place for families and pets. We will stay here again.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled with family

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (20)
Alliance, Ohio
Reviewed September 16, 2011

I stayed here for the first time recently, and was a little disappointed based on what I'd heard of the Mariner. I can definitely see the potential of the place — it is a fantastic location (close to the beach and within walking distance of several good restaurants) and a great family-type place to stay. The cleanliness of the place left a lot to be desired, however. Rooms were not cleaned at all during the week (I guess you can ask them to clean it, but I don't want to have to request for my room to be cleaned when I'm on vacation). The property was picked up very well, either. There were always lots of items left laying around, and just a general lack of tidiness to the place. The pool wasn't cleaned very frequently from what I saw. There was a grill available for guests to use but it was filthy, and I didn't think I should have to clean it in order to cook. I really hope the management gets it together and gives this place the attention and TLC it deserves. I would certainly love to stay here again, but will not do so until some changes are made.

• Stayed September 2011, traveled as a couple
2 Thank lovetotravel2908
Charlotte
Reviewed September 12, 2011

We went here with our dog, its tough to find good places to stay with pets. This one looks great from outside, the people were pretty nice. But our room was less than clean. There was a leak in the sink, and we had roaches. I really liked the look of it and possibly they were just busy and hadn't had time to properly care for it after a busy season. I will continue to check for another suitable place though.

• Stayed October 2010, traveled as a couple
3 Thank CharlotteAreaCouple

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Bergen County
Reviewed August 19, 2011

I turned a planned two week vacation at the Mariner and stayed for three! Had a long-time friend come for a week and it couldn't have gone better.
This is not my first stay here (been coming since '06) but Avi and his staff do a great job and it gets better every year. Renovations are ongoing, cleanliness and friendliness a specialty!
Two large pools and courtyards interspread to enjoy the shady outdoors with both friends and new acquaintances.
Personally, I do not like the inpersonal feel of high rises, at the Mariner you have convenient parking nearby and it is easily accessible to Restaurant Roy, Broadway at the Beach, and all the other shows and attractions.It's in that "sweet spot" at the beach,,,,quiet, 1/2 block to the beach but close to everything.If you love the low-rise feel as I do, the layout of the Mariner is superb.
Even the dogs (and their owners) are friendly and polite and everyone gets along well.
I've been going to Myrtle Beach (even if it's been a long trip) since 1977 and will stay no where else.

Room Tip: Avi takes all reservation calls personally and will give you a room to fit your needs
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with friends
2 Thank Lenatthebeach
Charlotte, North Carolina, USA
Reviewed August 16, 2011

We stayed at the Mariner last weekend and loved it. We were so happy we found a nice place that let us bring our dog along.
Very nice hotel and excellent attention to the customer.
We are definitely going to go back.

Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Linda B
North Myrtle Beach, South Carolina
Reviewed August 16, 2011

The staff is headed by Avi who takes care of all of our needs even when it is not convenient in the middle of the night. One of his staff, Dalton, is friendly, sweet, kind and works hard to ensure our stay here is a pleasant one. We love the dog park and Avi maintains pooper scooper bags for his guests. There is no odor in the dog park and you don't have to watch you every step because it is so clean. The rooms are plenty big, even for a large family like us with multiple dogs. Many "so called" pet friendly motels would not take larger dogs or some breeds like pitt bulls. Our dogs are well behaved and gentle but many hotels never stop to find out. We recommend that you stay at the Mariner for a most pleasant vacation. Tell your friends. Come meet Avi and his staff. You will be so glad you did!

Room Tip: Call Avi in person and tell him what you need.
  • Stayed August 2011, traveled with family
2 Thank Deborah M
Dover, Delaware
Reviewed August 15, 2011

I have stayed at the Mariner Motel 5 times in the past two years. I have stayed the weekend in a standard room, stayed for a week in a one bedroom, then again with my family in a two bedroom unit. The rooms are spacious, extremely clean and have everything you need for your stay, including an area for my dog to enjoy the outdoors! Of all my stays only once did I had a small issue... my t.v. remote did not work. When I notified the manager, a member of his staff came to the room immediately with a new remote. Recently I read a review from a guest claiming to have been bitten by bed bugs. I called the manager and asked if there had been a report regarding such. He stated he was aware of the review. It appears the guest has a personal vendetta because of no personal gain. Shame on those who feel the need to write nasty, false, accusations for personal satisfaction. I have always been more than satisfied with the conditions of my bed, my room, my entire stay at the Mariner. I have reserved my room and eagerly await my vacation to Myrtle Beach and my stay at the Mariner next month.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family