“Very Comfortable...”

Ranked #142 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
North c
“Very Comfortable...”
Reviewed August 12, 2009

Very comfortable with a home away from home type feel

• Stayed July 2009, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (28)
South Carolina
Reviewed July 21, 2009

I would like to start by saying I have been staying here for 4 years now. We fell in love with this place and the employees when we first stayed here. This year was not the same for us. The worse part was how rude the staff was with us. I raise my kids to respect people and when they see people dis-respecting their parents like the staff here did it really doesn't say much. The guy who does maintenance on the pool was very rude to my 9 year old son and he really didn't understand why. The office workers and some of the house keeping staff with the exception of the young lady who worked during the week was very rude to us. That was such a disappointment to us. We totally love the hotel but cannot stay where people treat their CUSTOMERS,the reason you are able to remain open may I add, so rude. I know the staff probably doesn't care about this review because there will be someone else to take my place if I never stay here again. I just wanted people who have morals to know this before they book their room.

so very disappointed with your staff???

• Stayed July 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank racer68
Reviewed July 13, 2009

What a dump. The staff are rude, the room has not been remodeled in yrs. Sheets were stained. Comforter was threadbaren and ripped dated. Furniture sofa and chair were really old and worn out. Rug had not been vacumed in a long time. Stove was questionable at best. Refrigator had dents and would not close properly. This place is stuck in the 70's. I booked it on Myrtle beach rooms for rent. I now know why they get the money up front. You would not stay if you could get out of it. It is suppose to be non-smoking however all the quest are smoking on the baloncy so if you don't go outside you can avoid smoke. Business center fax and printer are broken. Breakfast consists of waffles, one cereal, few donuts and this is on a good day. Would never stay here again..... Wireless was not available in room.... False amenties at best

• Stayed July 2009, traveled on business
4 Thank ElginTraveler
pgw9393, property manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this review, July 18, 2009
Unfortunately we cannot please everyone, but over the past few years we have made a good many upgrades to the property in an attempt to satisfy most of the guests. As the property manager of the Wave Rider, it concerns me when I read a review like this. It seems sometimes that no matter what upgrades we do and discounts we offer, some guests simply are not satisfied. Many guests come to us with Champaign tastes but on a beer budget. Even though the Wave Rider is an older property, I believe that our guests receive a great value for their money. As the reviewer mentioned we do have a media center available to our guests where they can check their email and browse the internet from the comfort of a private room (we do not offer free faxes or printing due to the cost involved with the ink and long distance charges). We also have additional seating available located in our office for guests with laptops equipped with wireless capabilities, so they can browse the internet wirelessly (unfortunately due to the building being made of concrete and steel the wireless signals will not pick up in the rooms). We have also added a continental breakfast, which includes 2 types of cereal, 2 types of doughnuts, breakfast granola bars, Belgium Waffles, coffee, orange juice, and milk. We also offer free popcorn anytime after 12 noon. The resort also features a lazy river, an indoor and outdoor pool, kiddie pool, kiddie playground, shuffleboard deck, and a grilling area. As I stated earlier the Wave Rider is an older property and is priced as a budget motel, with that said most of the guests who stay with us do not expect it to be as fancy as the Ritz Carlton and are pleased with the accommodations and amenities that we provide.

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

concord, NC
Reviewed June 22, 2009

Don't stay here! It's a terrible value for your money. We were double charged for our room on our credit card, the room was not all that clean. We thought we were getting ocean front, from the third party reservation group we booked through. It was NOT oceanfront. It was a dump! The staff was not nice and they were totally unprofessional. DO not stay here!

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
2 Thank corrella
As the guest mentioned, they booked their room through an online travel agent rather than contacting us directly. When a guest books through one of these online travel agents, we do not have any direct communication with the guest until the date of their arrival. Typically we receive an email from the online travel agent providing us the guests name (no other contact information) the type of room they requested and the dates of their arrival / departure and the confirmed price the guest agreed to. All of the documentation that we received showed that the guests asked for a 1-BR pool view suite at the Wave Rider (which is located across the street from the Beach). Our records also show that the guest was charged the advertised rate for which they agreed to. We in no way double charged the guest for anything.
With more and more people going to the internet to make their reservations, many guests have the impression that they will receive a much lower rate from one of these online travel agents as compared to booking directly with the hotel. This simply is not the case, in most cases booking directly with the hotel will provide the guest with the cheapest rate due to most third party agents collect some type of booking fee upfront from the guest.
Richburg,SC
Reviewed June 16, 2009

My family and I checked in on Saturday and paid for the room before we saw it. (We usually do). Once inside the room it was ugly. The table was broken, the fabric of the chair arm was ripped, the sliding door lock was very flimsy, carpet was filthy. That room was room 134. We talked to the lady at the front desk and she was unwilling to change rooms or change Hotels or accommodate us in any way. We checked out within 20 minutes of checking in and she still tried to charge me for one night's stay. I am disputing that with my credit card now. I would advise anyone that is going to stay in Myrtle Beach to just find somewhere else to stay. This place is a little cheaper but you get what you pay for. This place is no bargain.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled with family
3 Thank peanutbutter20
During our peak summer months of June, July, and August, the Wave Rider is frequently completely booked especially on the weekends. When the guest approached our front desk reservationist, she offered to assist by having our maintenance staff as well as our cleaning staff help the guest with any issues they were having with the room. The guest declined any help and asked to be moved to a different room. We were not able to move the guest because all of our other rooms had already been rented.
Suite 134 is one of the most requested rooms at this resort because it is on the gound floor just infront of our pool. A good many of the guests who request this room are ones who stay with us each and every year. We frequently steam clean the carpets in each of our rooms, however during the summer months when there is only a couple of hours between the guest checkout and checking in, shampooing carpet and expecting it to be dry before the guests arrival is almost impossible.
wv
Reviewed June 13, 2009

my boyfriend and i made reservations to stay in this hotel based on good reviews from my parents. after arriving there i was not pleased at all with the way things were. the floor was filthy, the dishes were still dirty, there was a blood stain on the shower curtain that most certainly did not come from either my boyfriend or myself, the toilet only flushed completely every now and then, the lock for the balcony door came out of the wall, the ceiling leaked when it rained, and the manager hung up on me on two different occasions after i called down to the front desk to ask a question.
also, the water stopped working the day before we left, so we decided to spend the day out and hoped it would be working again when we got back. it was but when whoever came in the fix it left they didn't clean up after themselves. the toilet seat was put down and when it was lifted up water was all over it there was dirt inside the toilet bowl, they left the bathroom light on and threw all of our clothes in the bathtub after getting them completely soaking wet.
i will never stay at the waverider again. the only positive thing i have to say about the place is that it is in a great location, other than that the place is a [--] hole.

• Stayed June 2009, traveled as a couple
3 Thank traumaticsex
Charlotte
Reviewed April 23, 2009

Better not say their names but they know their stuff and take hospitality seriously (and personally). The suites are upgraded according to a schedule and I noticed the last time I stayed at the Wave Rider, we were provided hospitality packs with a few samples of useful things, money savers that turned out to be more than 'ol coupon pack when I checked the wallet. You can't beat the price for a family get a way or a solo trip to the sand and waves.

• Stayed February 2009, traveled solo