“the best”
Review of Wave Rider Resort

Wave Rider Resort
Ranked #146 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed July 29, 2012

this was the best trip our family has ever had the rooms was great the maids was so nice an sweet my kids loved the pools an the game rooms my husband loved the wight room an plus the rooms are so big an the over look is great the guards are always walking around to make sure everything is ok we never had a problem why we was there an we are planing on going back on aug 3 to aug 5 to the same place an it really get to me that someone is gonna say that this place was nasty an that they will never go back well im so sorry for you cause you are really messing out on alot by not staying here

Room Tip: if ur gooding for great place to stay well this is the place
  • Stayed: June 2012, traveled with family
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this reviewResponded August 7, 2012

Thank you for taking the time to review the Wave Rider. I am glad to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us and took advantage of our pools, fitness center, and other amentites. Spring and Fall are truly beautiful times to visit for relaxing and enjoying the beach. I hope you will come again soon.

Reviewed July 21, 2012

We really enjoyed our stay at the resort. The room was really nice and my daughter enjoyed the lazy river and the pool. All the staff was really nice. We had car problems when we got ready to leave and Greg went out of his way to help us get it fixed and we really appreciated it. I dont know how my husband would have gotten it fixed if he wouldnt had taken my husband to the auto part store. We thank you again for helping us Greg and look forward to seeing yall next year. Thanks

Reviewed July 19, 2012

IWe enjoyed every minute of this. I liked the location, a stone's throw from the ocean. Our room was cozy and we felt right at home. Here is the coolest pool! Thanks to all staff for a good holiday!

Reviewed July 19, 2012

Honestly the people that worked at the Wave Rider where very nice. The owner Greg was really cool heck he helped us out several times there during our stay. The pool was nice lazy river was warm and the baby pool was cool. Also good location. Its not that far from the "strip" where everything is located its within walking distance. Overall good price good quality.

Room Tip: idk bottom floor easier outside/pool acess but second and third floor better view.
  • Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends
pgw9393, Manager at Wave Rider Resort, responded to this reviewResponded July 20, 2012

Austin T we are so glad that you had such a good time here at the Wave Rider! I enjoyed speaking with you and your friend each day. My staff all work very hard to ensure that our guests have the best vacation experience possible. Thank you for taking the time to post such a wonderful review and we look forward to having you back with us again.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

I stayed at the wave rider for my first time last week. I had high expectations because of the great reviews and beautiful pictures I saw online. When we arrived, we were immediately disappointed. The rooms do not look as nice as they do online. We had to go through two different rooms to finally find one that was decent. Both rooms were missing the lock on the balcony, so we didn't feel safe. The hallways of the "resort" smelled dirty and musty. The beds were extremely hard. The pool was nice, although it looks NOTHING like what it does in the pictures online. Housekeeping barged in our room atleast three times without knocking. All they do is empty the trash and give you new towels. They don't change your sheets or vacuum, etc. The continental breakfast consisted of frozen Eggo Waffles that you can heat up, a box of donuts, and cereal. I tried to bring my waffle up to the room and the guy at the front desk rudely yelled at me and told me I had to eat it down in the lobby. I said I would be right back so I could tell my boyfriend that I couldn't eat in the room, and in the short time I was gone, the guy from the front desk threw my food away..... I don't understand why he would rather waste food than just let me eat it where I want? The only good parts of my stay were there were no bugs, the two pools and lazy river were pretty cool (other than the fact they had so much sand in them), and the fact that it was right across the street from the pool. If you are content staying in small, cheap, one-star places this might be the hotel for you. Personally, I prefer a more modern and clean room.

Room Tip: Make sure that the room has locks on the balcony.....
1  Thank Julia S

Thank you for taking the time to review the Wave Rider Resort. I'm glad that you enjoyed parts of your stay with us. I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed all of our pools. The photos of our pools were taken during this past winter; I’m not sure why they would look any differently online as they do at the Resort. I personally took the photos and updated our website so I know that what is shown online is what we have available for our guests. I would like to explain that housekeeping is not to blame for the towel and sheet distribution. I do apologize if they barged in on you during your stay, I will speak with them regarding your comments. We are attempting to adhere to a "Go Green" agenda this summer. As such we refresh all towels and wash cloths every day and change linens every third day. For those guests who want daily sheet changes, we ask that they let the front desk know and we are happy to have our housekeeping staff change them. Also, please note that all of our units here are individually owned and we are working continuously with our homeowners to update their units. Any time you have a problem or complaint we encourage you to let us know so that we can do everything in our power to correct the situation.

We added the continental breakfast a couple of years ago, Even though most smaller resorts such as ours do not offer any type of free breakfast, we felt it was necessary to help better satisfy our guests needs. We offer two types of cereal, a variety of doughnuts, eggo waffles, toast, and a variety of oatmeal. An assortment of jellies, milk, orange juice, and coffee is also available each morning during the months of May through September.

I apologize if you felt my staff was rude by asking you not to take food back to your room. It is posted not less than three times in our breakfast area that guests are not to take food back to their rooms. I’m sure that my staff did not yell at you, more than likely they approached you as you were leaving the breakfast area and politely reminded you not to take food to your room. The reason for us not allowing food to be taken back to the rooms, is that some guests will take advantage of the free breakfast and take plates of food back to their room so they can eat off of the items the entire day.

Again, thank you for your review and I hope you will come to see us again.

Reviewed July 17, 2012

We LOVE the Wave Rider! Wouldnt stay anywhere else. We book every year and simply look forward to the next! EVERYONE has always been friendly to us and treated us like family! The rooms are perfect, clean and just what you need for a week at the beach! I have brought family with us and now they return each year as well. The rooms are just steps from the pool and the location is perfect!! We have been home for 2 weeks and cant wait to get back...actually we just booked for December! Its a great place to stay!

• Stayed: July 2012
1  Thank rkylesr

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback and for your patronage in the past. My staff and I are always happy to see you and your family each year and we look forward to seeing you again in December. Hope you enjoyed the flounder you caught with Capt. Phil while you were vacationing with us. Maybe next time I can join you.

Thanks Greg

Reviewed July 13, 2012

I will never forget my stay at the Wave Rider Resort. This is a very good motel in Myrtle Beach with the Best Service. It’s not expensive (I daresay a cheap one), but you will enjoy it like it was an expensive one. Everyone is so very friendly and they are absolutely the best. Everyone from Front Desk to Bell hop made our stay so enjoyable. The room is so very clean and very quite and the beds are sooooo comfy. This is a great hotel.

• Stayed: July 2012, traveled with friends