“No Complaints Here”

Sandcastle South Beach Resort
Ranked #109 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Reviewed October 18, 2010

Stayed here 3 nights. I was in town to attend an event and really just needed a place to stay, but also keep my parents satisfied to stay on the ocean.

Basic 2BR room with a small kitchen area. All room look right out to the ocean and had a balcony. Quiet on the ocean-side and parking was not an issue (plus they don't charge if you stay there). Walk to the ocean or swim in their nice pool or soak in one of the two Jacuzzis.

Helpful Staff address any issues that I had.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends

Reviewed October 18, 2010

My girlfriend and I had been taking two annual trips to Myrtle Beach for many years until for career reasons she and I had been unable to make the trip together since around 2007. We always stayed at Sandcastle South Beach (which I originally found online) basically because we liked everything about the hotel - the property, the location, the staff, and the service they provide. During the time we were unable to travel to Myrtle Beach we often talked about how the trips were missed, and that we would still return to Sandcastle South the next time we visited. Everything we desire to do during our stay is easily within a couple miles for great restaurants to no more than a 10 - 15 minute drive for the best entertaining events. But we most enjoy the nights sitting out on the private balcony, watching the late night 'beach strollers', and listening to the ocean. Also, while we were away Sandcastle South Beach went through a renovation process, and now the good deal just got better. We were able to make the trip back about two weeks ago, and it almost felt like coming home. The rooms provide everything we need .. they are very clean (the cleaning staff is friendly and very accommodating) .. and the views from the balcony are just what you hope for on a visit to Myrtle Beach. In a few words; cleanliness, convenience, and comfort make Sandcastle South Beach a great place to hang out when you come to Myrtle Beach. I will continue to look for the "Internet Specials" they advertise on their web site, and we definitely will be returning to the Sandcastle South Beach whenever we visit Myrtle Beach, South Carolina.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
bigboss7myrtlebeach, General Manager at Sandcastle South Beach Resort, responded to this reviewResponded October 28, 2010

I cant begin to tell you how much your review means to every employee at our resort. Part of our mission statement reads " create a vacation experience based on a foundation of customer care that nutures and developes lasting relationships". When you talk about coming home, I know our staff understands that part of the statement. I honestly hope everyone leaves our resort feeling this way, it's the reason I got in the business.

Rusty Lowery G.M.

Reviewed October 17, 2010

The reservation staff gave great suggestions on the perfect room for our family. We choose the south location for a quieter setting. We thought is was a great value.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed October 16, 2010

I can not say enough good things about this stay! My boyfriend and traveled to Myrtle Beach for a 3 day weekend for his birthday/our anniversary. I researched countless hotels and visited every site on the web in search of the perfect place...nice clean hotel, pools, beach front, good rates, location, AND friendly staff. Well, I definitely found it!! We had a fantastic time. the room was so spacious for just the two of us, the bed was so comfy, the balcony overlooking the ocean was romantic, and the pool/lazy river was the perfect added touch to our already fantastic stay. The hotel was so close to shopping/restaurants! We will definitely be returning and can't wait!! For these rates, it simply doesn't get any better. Thank you Sandcastle South Beach!!

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed October 2, 2010

we had a very nice time and stay. we encountered a small problem and they took care of it to our satisfaction. And the staff is helpful and courteous.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 30, 2010

I made my reservations on line. When I upgraded my room, I wasn't sure I had done it right. I called and they said "not to worry, they could take care of it" They did. Our room was clean, plenty of lounge chairs for sunbathing, lazy river for young kids, fast check and out. Cant say enough! The entire staff was friendly and helpful. i could only say if you stay somewhere else you would be making a big mistake! Planning on going back next year

Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family
Reviewed September 28, 2010

After reading some of the negative reviews, I began to be concerned about issues we had never experienced at Sandcastle, but we booked anyway because it has always been a great place for us. After arriving, I realized nothing had changed....the bad reviews were not the least bit accurate. The staff was as friendly and efficient as they have always been, from Brandon at the front desk, to Julio in maintenance and the young lady that cleaned our room (Marie or Maria?). We had asked for a high floor and got the 14th floor.....WHAT A VIEW! The rooms are absolutely clean and the carpeting in our room looked fairly new. If not, it has been very well maintained. We visit Myrtle Beach two times a year and always stay at Sandcastle South because of the staff, the location, the rooms and the value for your money. The quality this time was exactly as it has been every time we have visited. This is still the best place to stay on the south end of the beach. I would HIGHLY recommend this hotel to anyone visiting Myrtle Beach.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple