“Dirty, Don't stay here!”

Sandcastle South Beach Resort
Ranked #114 of 209 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
Charlotte, North Carolina
“Dirty, Don't stay here!”
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I just spent 3 days here, had no choice we already paid in advance. the whole place was dirty! the service was bad, the maid came in to clean only once during our stay, and can you believe she only made 1 bed! She left the other bed unmade, have no clue why.
all of the elevators were gross, have not been cleaned in ages. One was out of order for 2 days..
1/2 of the pools were closed. The hot tubs were dirty. We could not get a luggage cart in the lobby. the tvs in the rooms were old.
The lazy river was ok. the location of the hotel was good, but overall our stay here was very unpleasant! We will never go back here again.

Room Tip: stay somewhere else!
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
1 Thank Kimberly S
Robert M, General Manager at Sandcastle South Beach Resort, responded to this review, October 15, 2012
Dear Kimberly S,
I am very upset that your stay with us did not exceed your expectations. Our Housekeeping department has been very consistent with providing great service this yearl. In regards to only one bed being made, if there are personal items on the bed they are trained to not disturb the bed. I do remember elevator being down for a couple days, they had to order a part but we did call them as soon as we had an issue. I dont want to sound like I am making excuses but we do have 1,000s of repeat guests that are exrtemely satisfied with our resort and I am truly sorry you were not happy. I really hope you decide to give us another chance and join the Sandcastle Family!

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (156)
Charleston West Virginia
Reviewed September 17, 2012

Sandcastle was a great place for my family and I , because we took two teenage boys with us 16 and 17. Even at that age you still don't feel confortable allowing them to go to the beach without supervision, and even sitting on the balcony watching. At the sandcastle there are many pools that are around the facility that gives you a extra piece of mind knowing that they are enjoying themselves on site in a safe environment. My husband and I can relax at a pool and the boys be at another pool without them thinking we are watching them. The staff was very helpful and intentive to your needs, upon requesting anything. We travel alot and finding a facility that the staff,actually seem to enjoy working at there place of employments makes your vacation more enjoyable. We definatly would recommend staying at Sandcastle and we definatly will be returning.

Room Tip: There were 4 of us and we had the two room facing the ocean. It had large tv's two of them and o...
Dallas, Texas
Reviewed September 15, 2012

It wasn't exactly as advertised. It was supposed to have a cabana bar, a lounge, and a restaurant. NONE of these were open. If they are closed, you don't have them. The lounge was being remodeled, the cabana bar was boarded up and if there was a restaurant open for breakfast we were not made aware of it. The room was adequate even though the decor is a bit cheesy. The view is nice. It's probably nicer a bit higher up (we were on the third floor). There is no air conditioning in the elevator. Even from the third floor I felt pretty wilted by the time I got to the ground floor. The "kitchenette" is micro-mini size. No counter space at all and the closet is tiny. In fact it looks like there was once a good size closet but it was confiscated to create the kitchen. I'd suggest a shorter refrigerator with a top that could be used as a counter. We tried using the hand crank can opener in the kitchen and had to call the front desk to bring another one three times before we got one that worked. I rather suspect that we may have overpaid since we booked in advance and nothing open. But it was great to turn off the AC and open the balcony doors at night to let in the sea breezes and fall asleep to the sound of the waves.

• Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple
Gastonia, North Carolina
Reviewed September 9, 2012

Very Clean Hotel with an awesome lazy river, outdoor pool and indoor too in case it rains. Poolside movies at night as the sun goes down and then some two piece accousticals for the later evening. Poolside Tiki hut, well groomed grounds makes it a very enjoyable stay. My son and I look forward to our next vacation at Myrtle Beach and staying at Sandcstle South.

Room Tip: The efficientcy works well for us. A quick stop at the market to fill the fridge helps save a lot of...
Reviewed September 9, 2012 via mobile

While it doesn't boast the most modern amenities, this hotel offers cleanliness and good service. We stayed in the oceanfront suite and had 2 queen beds plus a queen sized Murphy bed that pulled down from the wall. While slightly dated everything was clean. The kitchen had a full sized fridge and oven plus dishes and silverware. The pool and lawn area is a great way to enjoy the beach and escape the mess of sand.

• Stayed September 2012
Richmond, Virginia
Reviewed September 7, 2012

My family of 5 stayed in this hotel during a timeshare tour. I'd have to say I was skeptical upon reading the reviews, however for $249 for a 4 day stay I was ready for just ok. The first room we recieved was on the 13th floor and I don't like to be that high but the lady said just Check it out anyway. I did and found the room
to not be appealing with mold on the lights. So they gave me another room on the 4th floor. We booked a suite and it had a full kitchen with a oven! Wow! But no oven tray, but we sufficed and went out for aluminum foil. The room was clean and spacious enough had a nice leather couch in the living room. No where close to modern but good enough. The bathrooms were nice and a pull down Murphy bed added more sleeping space for the kids. They have a little bar cabana whichis expensive and the bartender has no control of the alcohol, your better off going to the liquor store on 13th st on 17th ave. They have an outdoor pool in which they played movies at night, and a lazy river and also 2 hot tubs. The beach is a few steps away and is awesome! The front desk offers pool and beach towels. Overall it was a good hotel. No complaints. Close to malls and new attractions.

• Stayed September 2012
New York City, New York
Reviewed September 5, 2012

Stayed here for a week over the summer.Price was good but after checking in and after the first night I felt as I came to the conclusion you get what you pay for. After long drive and arriving late was looking forward to a good long sleep. With the 'do not disturb' sign on the door the housekeeper decided she was going to knock on the door at 9:00 in the morning so I can sign a paper denying maid service for the day. So needless to say my room was never cleaned and I had to go to front desk for more towels.The room needed MAJOR updating and we found the staff extremely unfriendly and unhelpful when we notified them of our complaints. I love to travel with my family and without a doubt this was by far the worst place I had ever stayed. We love our vacation time andwhen i asked my family if they wanted too leave a day early it was all answered with a loud YES! If you plan on going to Myrtle Beach I highly recommend you to find somewhere else to stay.

3 Thank biggie21