“SMELLS LIKE URINE AND A WET DOG IN THE HALLWAYS!!!” 1 of 5 bubbles
Review of Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort

and 1 more site!
Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort
Ranked #186 of 207 Hotels in Myrtle Beach
“SMELLS LIKE URINE AND A WET DOG IN THE HALLWAYS!!!”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 25, 2012

They need to shut this so called "RESORT" down!!! I booked through expedia and when i got there i was very disappointed!!! The carpet in the hallways were dirty and soaked in water. The wall in the room had molds on it. I checked in at 4 and checked out two hours later. I wouldn't pay a quarter to stay here!!! Please, please don't stay here!!!

4 Thank raniya4

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (108)
Charleston, SC
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 23, 2012

I helped my sister book this hotel using Priceline recently for a weekend trip for her, her husband and her 6 year old son. They got there and she said this hotel was horrible. Said there was graffiti on the doors, a very strong smell of urine throughout the hotel, mold in the refrigerator, wet bed linens and the carpet was wet. She asked for a refund so they could go to a different hotel and this place refused to help her. She also followed up with Priceline who ALSO refused to give her a refund b/c they said they hotel "couldn't help on it this time". WHAT A RIPOFF!!! Seriously?? This hotel was so bad that they just went and paid for another hotel. Not to mention this reservation was over $100 so it's not like it was cheap and this was a total DUMP. DO NOT STAY HERE AND I RECOMMEND NOT USING PRICELINE EITHER. If they can't do a better job to help consumers who trust what they see on their site to book hotels, then I won't use them either. There are plenty of other sites who will guarantee your reservation and will work to ensure you, the customer and the reason they are in business, are happy.

1 Thank KeithnAlly

Travelers are raving about these Myrtle Beach hotels

Charlotte, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 21, 2012

Never again will I even check the price/availability for this room! Checked in 8/17/12, went to the room and went right back to the office to ask for another room in a sister hotel if possible. Where do they send us? To The Viking!! Didn't even get out of the car to look at that one and it was gonna be 19 dollars more a night!! The room at the Polynasty was filthy and stunk! My husband picked a clump of hair up off the floor with a tissue. As bad as the room smelled, I could just imagine what the blankets and pillow smelled like. Needless to say, We are currently waiting for our refund to come back. We weren't the only ones wanting a refund that night either. Within a 1/2 hour of being in the lobby, there was atleast 5 or 6 others wanting there money back as well. My advice: DO NOT BOTHER!!!

Room Tip: Go to a different hotel!!!
1 Thank kc a
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

So we arrived a few hours early this year hoping that we could check in early. We have tons of defrosting food and half a dozen kids with us. Of course, they keep us waiting until the last second even though due to a slip on their part, I found out what rooms we were supposed to get and staked it out and found out that the rooms had been ready since 30 minutes after the 11am checkout! They kept us waiting until 4pm!!! They lied and told us the rooms weren't ready!

• 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank lordjoshua
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 20, 2012

Its not bad for the price its just not very good for it either. Main thing was no one was very interested in there job's. Ladies at the desk couldn't care less about the guests. Furniture wasn't great cheap plastic chairs on balcony and one of the beds had collapsed in the middle. Kinda skimpy on the kitchen stuff (bring your own plates, utensils, etc). Not bad location and great beach access.

1 Thank thundercat982
Fort Bragg, North Carolina
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 17, 2012

the ad online is very misleading looks nothin like the picture this isnt a hotel not even a motel but a hole in the wall the time me and my family enjoyed ourselves was anytime outside of that place no wi fi 75 cents for local calls and after paying battling for a parking space from people not even staying in the place no rest because the entire time I was there a work crew was doing construction on the floor above me and instead of being accomodating I was met with rudeness as if I was priviledged for being allowed to stay in this dump. to top it all off My family was being rushed to leave before checkout time after spendng my money to stay two nights or I SHOULD SAY SURVIVING the staff there know exactly how they are ruining people vacations because they have you sign a no refund contract where you have to pay half the price of the room if you cancel before you get the keys see the rooms If I hadnt paid to get the room reserved thinking it was the beautiful resort shown in the picture online I would have literally ran up the street and spent my money where it would have been worth it!!! I am very familiar what a bad neighborhood looks like and the projects look like I did not come to Myrtle Beach SC to for a some ran down hood looking place posing as a resort for my family I urge you anyone reading do not destroy your family's time here!!!! needs a health inspector to go through there one good time and shut them down to get everything renovated before they allow anyone else to stay there do not rely on pictures they are extremely misleading only use the internet for well known hotel me being from detroit, mi knew no better and got robbed people at hotels in the hood aren't rude for no reason like they were stay away Polynesian Beach & Golf Resort isn't a resort it is like a bad trailer park or the projects disgracing the scenery of the beach dont GET RIPPED OFF!!!!!

Room Tip: do not rely on pictures they are extremely misleading only use the internet for well known hotel me...
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank chris m
Red Springs,NC
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed August 11, 2012

I never had a problem, when I go, this hotel is very reasonable with there prices, no matter what season it is. I seen and been in worst conditions. Polynesian crew, your doing a great job. Also, its the society who don't clean up behind theirselves, destroying your property. Besides, I visted to view the beach,go shopping and as long as my kids are happy,we have a place to lay our heads, instead of sleeping in my car. We alll just here for a short visit. The Polynesian was really booked this summer. I was surprise.

Room Tip: I always get a sideview room, still could see the ocean;whether I get a balcony or not. Enjoy on you...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family